Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Maybe its just me, but when I look at that pic I have a hard time seeing anything other his ex-wife
laugh.gif
...she's BAD...

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Supafly,

soon as I read the article through Dime that Rudy was supposedly irritated w/ Portlands interest in Hedo, I posted up on my Twitter that they should look into a trade for him (if the Blazers do end up signin Hedo)

Dudes got a lot of talent, is young, is a serious 3 pt threat, and his dunking ability would make him an instant fan favorite (IMO). Not somebody we should break the bank for, but definitely worth looking into if the situation presented itself.

Large hispanic population in NY too, Fernandez might like the idea of comin here (purely speculation on my part).
I would love Rudy in NY
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by DubA169

8 mil for 4 years living in nyc>10 mil for 5 years living in memphis

IMO

lol...but for real. DLEE bout to have to find a new gf

Memphis taxes > NYC taxes
Memphis real estate prices > NYC real estate prices
laugh.gif

Making more money in a cheaper city is BANK. Just my opinion though. It's not like he's going to be getting endorsement deals in NYC or something.
laugh.gif
agreed with everything but... marketing $ in NY >>>>>>>>>>> marketing $ in Memphis

on another note i think Memphis is outta the discussion for Lee now that they got Z Bo. Lee and Z Bo did not mesh well together when they played this seasonand i think they would be beyond foolish to make the same mistake and if they sign Lee for $50 mil they gonna have to have either a big time $ player on thebench (Z Bo or Lee) or their #2 draft pick (Thabeet). Neither of which would be smart.

Believe it or not i actaully dont think getting Z Bo was a terrible move. Salary wise yes it is, but Z Bo can actually work out with Memphis and the Clips defbenefited. The Clips got rid of an expensive player in a position that is a logjam to make room for Blake and in return recieved a fan favorite of the Clipswith an expiring contract. And if Z Bo is ever gonna be an effective player this would be the situation. In Memphis Zach can get alot of touches (although theystill got Juice and Rudy) and he needs a player to compliment him that does what he doesnt do (block shots, play D, not need the ball, run the floor) and theyhave exactly that in Thabeet. So i think they will compliment each other very nicely. If they are not that worried about salary #%!#, taking Z bo and hiscontract may make more sense for them than overpaying for lee because they wouldnt have much of an interior scoring presence with Lee and Thabeet.

This may be good for us because unless Lee gets another $50 mil offer from like the Thunder or some #%!#, he may take our 4 yr/$32 mil which i believe is veryfair for both sides.

Meanwhile it looks like Detroit has signed 2 NY based UConn players in Ben Gordon and Villanueva. Thought id add that in there cause they from NY.

I wonder what Donnie is cookin up right now
nerd.gif

^i put my reasoning in why i didnt like that zbo trade for memphis, if you want to see it.
i hope lee takes 32mil for 4 years.
bosh-lee-lebron-chandler-rubio
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

off the bench: nate, gallo, gortat. (8 player rotation because mike likes small rotations)
i would love to see this.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^i put my reasoning in why i didnt like that zbo trade for memphis, if you want to see it.
i hope lee takes 32mil for 4 years.
bosh-lee-lebron-chandler-rubio
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

off the bench: nate, gallo, gortat. (8 player rotation because mike likes small rotations)
i would love to see this.
stop dreaming 5 of those guys will not wear a knick uniform come 2010 season. i like the idea of trading for rudy, i think that he can be ourstarting SG. i dont know why, but the only thing i'm looking forward to this season is gallinari
pimp.gif
and eddy curry
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by DubA169

8 mil for 4 years living in nyc>10 mil for 5 years living in memphis

IMO

lol...but for real. DLEE bout to have to find a new gf

Memphis taxes > NYC taxes
Memphis real estate prices > NYC real estate prices
laugh.gif

Making more money in a cheaper city is BANK. Just my opinion though. It's not like he's going to be getting endorsement deals in NYC or something.
laugh.gif
Yeah, but it's the south.

Originally Posted by R23J

How the hell is David Lee a "role player"? Just cause a player doesnt average 30 ppg, hes not a major contributor. THis is another BS "hardnosed" player arguement just because he rebounds. The dude lead the LEAGUE in double doubles. Maybe the Knicks would win some damn games if they paid money to players who rebounded instead of a bunch of people who just jack, which has happened a lot recently. ( Crawford, Rich, Al, Nate, etc.) They need to learn how to build.

For a guy who is not a dominant offensive force...50M+ for 4-5 years is a ton of money and the Knicks would be better off not matching.

Trust me, they will NOT match an offer like that.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by R23J

How the hell is David Lee a "role player"? Just cause a player doesnt average 30 ppg, hes not a major contributor. THis is another BS "hardnosed" player arguement just because he rebounds. The dude lead the LEAGUE in double doubles. Maybe the Knicks would win some damn games if they paid money to players who rebounded instead of a bunch of people who just jack, which has happened a lot recently. ( Crawford, Rich, Al, Nate, etc.) They need to learn how to build.

For a guy who is not a dominant offensive force...50M+ for 4-5 years is a ton of money and the Knicks would be better off not matching.

Trust me, they will NOT match an offer like that.
Knicks should not go ANY higher than their 4 yr/$32 mil for Lee. That is a very fair contract offer by Donnie and if a team gives him more, weshouldnt match.

On the other hand the Knicks should try anything possible to NOT have Lee or Nate walk for nothing if they have to leave. We NEED to get some value in a signand trade or some +%+% if we cannot sign one or both of them.

Originally Posted by xblker47

Originally Posted by size twelve

latest hoopshype rumor..

knicks going after grant hill.
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Really? An old as $!%$ Grant Hill to come in and take minutes for Gallo and Will? I can think of 100000 better ways to use our MLE
smh.gif

There have been some unconfirmed rumors about Memphis preparing a big offer for Lee, but from what I understand the Grizzlies are under the usual budget constraints and, therefore, likely are not in the position to shovel $8M to $10M at David Lee. Again, we keep hearing OKC is targeting Paul Millsap. And Charlie Villanueva seems to be the target in Detroit. David's options, at least on the open market, may be dwindling.

pimp.gif

wow first time in months I thought we could realistically sign Lee. The market is whack, city life is always alluring, 32 mil for 4 years is more than fair.

if we can get rudy, and sign lee I'd be a pretty happy man. Let gallinari and chandler use the year to get better. Work Eddy Curry's fatass andpossibly trade him? who knows. I'm patiently waiting

Kingfoamz lol on point right there. If dude has to play for the guaranteed qualifying offer what'd he lose today? About 47.4 mil in how long? 13 hours?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That is taking an L for ya

I'm also feelin all the Rudy talk. He'd be the perfect 2 in the system plus he's long (no h) and athletic as shhhhhhh, everywhere I've readsays the Blazers would want Nate, but I just don't see that. What good would Nate Robinson do for Portland. If Donny turns Nate & (assorted garbage)for Rudy + salary dump (Martell? I know he makes no sense but I don't see them trading Rudy unless there's incentive) he's a genius.

Does anyone know when the Knicks can trade a player who is playing on a 1 yr deal after restricted free agency? ie. Ben Gordon this yr. Maybe Eddy gets inshape and we see life, you know what Donny will do, peace Eddy. Before you know it.

Like i said if we could hold Lee+Nate just for this season i think they'll be in our long term plan, (and Bron like Nate forgot where i read it from).

I won't be surprise if we do go after Rudy in the next few days, somethings we bring up in this thread
usually become a rumor or being discussed. I think Walsh lurks
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DMasta718

Originally Posted by xblker47

Originally Posted by size twelve

latest hoopshype rumor..
knicks going after grant hill.
pimp.gif
Not really worth the
pimp.gif
not really but he's a good starter, great backup and can help chandler if he stays

[h1]Raptors Contemplating Offer For DavidLee[/h1]

Jul 02, 2009 2:06 AM EST

Lee_David_nyk.jpg
League sources indicated early Thursdaythat the Raptors are contemplating an offer to restricted free agent David Lee.

Any offer to Lee, by definition, would be in the $8-$10 million range and would test the Knicks in terms of their willingness to match a hefty offer.

Toronto is still considering whether or not to attempt to beat Portland's offer for Hedo Turkoglu.

Back
Top Bottom