Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Def get Duhon some help. He really did an excellent job for the team, but he was asked to do too much, at least too soon.

And with all this uncertainty about Lee's future, I think it only right to purchase an authentic of my favorite Knick since ol' "I can't feedmy family" Sprewell. How much do they go for? NBA store, right?

On a side note, can anybody help me with this team signature thing?

I like to have the team new york knicks sig like Woodside 718 or nycknicks105.

A team yankees one would be nice also.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

^All u gotta do is copy and paste it
Thanks.
pimp.gif

Walsh

"I have a little leeway which will leave me in good position for next year," Walsh wrote to The Associated Press. "I know what it is but do not talk much about it."

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Since alot of teams are signing players to long term contracts this year, does he mean hardly any team will be able to sign some FAs next year?

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Walsh
"I have a little leeway which will leave me in good position for next year," Walsh wrote to The Associated Press.

"I know what it is but do not talk much about it."
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Since alot of teams are signing players to long term contracts this year, does he mean hardly any team will be able to sign some FAs next year?
nah, not at all. There are loads of teams with money to play with, contracts coming off the books, etc. However, decisons made today willundoubtedly affect what they will be able to do later.

as of right now the cavs arnt getting Ariza, and if sheed signs with Boston I dont see Bron even maken it to the finals. This makes 2010 look very good forus
pimp.gif

Duhon?
that ain"t anything to be happy about.
like I said lets forget about Lee and Get Warrick for a more cheap price and trade for monta ellis I mean he's unhappy there

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Duhon?
that ain"t anything to be happy about.
like I said lets forget about Lee and Get Warrick for a more cheap price and trade for monta ellis I mean he's unhappy there

please just exit this thread.

The only way I want Kidd on the team is if Walsh gets rid of Curry, Jeffries or both. Other than that this signing is pointless.

it's simple to me..

That quote by Walsh is VERY telling, and if we sign Kidd..

it means 2 things.

- He knows he can deal Curry.

- Kidd/Walsh both are VERY confident in making a huge splash in FA next season.

I want Jason Kidd running this offense, he'd be fantastic. If Curry's in any kind of shape, Kidd would make him look tradeable in a month, gurantee it.

Well as much as I like kidd...looks like nash always wants to be a knick if the suns don't reach an agreement

Globe And Mail - 07/03 - 7:35 AM EST (AP Photo)

Steve Nash remains confident that he'll sign a contract extension with the Suns at some point this summer.
However, Nash added that he'd love to play for the Knicks if an agreement isn't reached with the Suns.
"I would preface it by saying that I love Phoenix and that's what I'm focusing on right now," Nash told the Globe and Mail. "But I livein New York City, and I love it there, and [Knicks head coach] Mike D'Antoni was one of my favorite coaches. If it didn't work out in Phoenix,obviously that would be a place I'd consider."
The Knicks have been linked to Jason Kidd on the free agent market, and are known to be looking for an experienced point guard.

From realgm.com

PS- nash loves to play for D.Antoni...so it most likely will happen.

Yo I want the Celtics to win it all next year.. Only because I don't want lebron to get a ring in cleveland. Lets hope the Celts land sheed then it will bea done deal
pimp.gif

[h1]5 QUESTIONS FOR... JEFF VAN GUNDY[/h1]FORMER Knicks coach and ESPN analyst Jeff Van Gundy told The Post's Justin Terranova that his biggest concern isthat Knicks fans are beaten down after too many years of losing.

Q: Did the Knicks make the correct choice selecting Jordan Hill in the draft?

A: I can understand the fans' disappointment with not getting Stephen Curry because he was the name guy, but at this point, it'simportant for the Knicks to get a good fit for the team. And Hill's someone that runs hard, which will fit in.

Q: Having once coached here, are you surprised the patience Knicks fans have given this new regime?

A: Some of that is diminished expectations and with those, you aren't going to have the same passion. In some ways, you don't wantthe patience to transform itself into apathy. I think that's why it's so important for the Knicks to keep improving. That will keep the fan baseenergized and make it more enticing for those free agents in 2010 to sign with them.

Q: Are you surprised the Knicks are pursuing Jason Kidd?

A: He is a good player. I thought Chris Duhon did an excellent job for them last year. He had some up-and-down games, but they reallydidn't have a backup point guard they could rely on. It's an interesting play by the Knicks, but not one I expect to happen. If they don't get himit will be because they couldn't match the years Kidd might want. I am not sure if the Knicks would want to cut into the cap space past this one year.

Q: Did the Nets make the right move by dealing away Vince Carter to the Magic?

A: Just how it's important for the Knicks fans to trust Donnie Walsh, the Nets have to do the same with Rod Thorn. He took over afranchise that was just as good as the Clippers and have made them into contenders. Now they are in the rebuilding phase. And if Yi [Jianlian] and Courtney Leeturn out to be the players they hope they can be, then they will be right back there. I think it's a great deal that should work out for both teams.

Q: Your broadcast partner Mark Jackson was linked to the Timberwolves job. Do you think he's ready to be a head coach?

A: He has every component you would need to be an outstanding head coach. He is a tremendous communicator, he has a good X's andO's background playing for some of the greatest coaches in the sport. To me, if you are doing a coaching draft, he would be a can't miss.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

[h1]5 QUESTIONS FOR... JEFF VAN GUNDY[/h1]FORMER Knicks coach and ESPN analyst Jeff Van Gundy told The Post's Justin Terranova that his biggest concern is that Knicks fans are beaten down after too many years of losing.

Q: Did the Knicks make the correct choice selecting Jordan Hill in the draft?

A: I can understand the fans' disappointment with not getting Stephen Curry because he was the name guy, but at this point, it's important for the Knicks to get a good fit for the team. And Hill's someone that runs hard, which will fit in.

Q: Having once coached here, are you surprised the patience Knicks fans have given this new regime?

A: Some of that is diminished expectations and with those, you aren't going to have the same passion. In some ways, you don't want the patience to transform itself into apathy. I think that's why it's so important for the Knicks to keep improving. That will keep the fan base energized and make it more enticing for those free agents in 2010 to sign with them.

Q: Are you surprised the Knicks are pursuing Jason Kidd?

A: He is a good player. I thought Chris Duhon did an excellent job for them last year. He had some up-and-down games, but they really didn't have a backup point guard they could rely on. It's an interesting play by the Knicks, but not one I expect to happen. If they don't get him it will be because they couldn't match the years Kidd might want. I am not sure if the Knicks would want to cut into the cap space past this one year.

Q: Did the Nets make the right move by dealing away Vince Carter to the Magic?

A: Just how it's important for the Knicks fans to trust Donnie Walsh, the Nets have to do the same with Rod Thorn. He took over a franchise that was just as good as the Clippers and have made them into contenders. Now they are in the rebuilding phase. And if Yi [Jianlian] and Courtney Lee turn out to be the players they hope they can be, then they will be right back there. I think it's a great deal that should work out for both teams.

Q: Your broadcast partner Mark Jackson was linked to the Timberwolves job. Do you think he's ready to be a head coach?

A: He has every component you would need to be an outstanding head coach. He is a tremendous communicator, he has a good X's and O's background playing for some of the greatest coaches in the sport. To me, if you are doing a coaching draft, he would be a can't miss.

duhon!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. .
laugh.gif

That Donnie quote probably means he has a few tricks up his sleeve. He probably has a deal involving Curry or Jeffries already, why else would Kidd say givehim a few weeks to decide where he wants to play? Donnie probably told him let me ship these bad contracts out first so Kidd can evaluate the new roster
nerd.gif

Donnie's GM experience is to beast, nothing gets by him and he goes through ALL possibilities before making a decision and he is also very patient. Donnie
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

it's simple to me..

That quote by Walsh is VERY telling, and if we sign Kidd..

it means 2 things.

- He knows he can deal Curry.

- Kidd/Walsh both are VERY confident in making a huge splash in FA next season.

I want Jason Kidd running this offense, he'd be fantastic. If Curry's in any kind of shape, Kidd would make him look tradeable in a month, gurantee it.

Exactly. Basically, Donnie will make a move this year that will benefit the knicks more next year. IMO that's signing kidd, which i dont mind at all aslong as jeffries or curry are gone.

Back
Top Bottom