Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

i really wish to hope that washington still want jefferies+hughes.
and reports are saying curry is working on his game, which means he should be able to be traded by the feb. deadline.
if we can trade all 3 of those players for expirings,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^That jeffries and hughes deal is probably over now, they picked up mike miller and foye. I want that Curry/Mobley or Hughes for Tmac deal to happen

^yeah, but its good to be optimistic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hm, i think they would want hughes more since they need a shooter with hughes gone, but then again, cuttino's contract is pretty...tempting.
but i dont think that deal would go down until feb deadline because they're def. going to want to see what curry can produce on court. unless you sub.jefferies for curry.

TMac to the Knicks? They better buy him a comfy chair because he's gonna be sitting on the bench all year after getting hurt the first week of the season.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

TMac to the Knicks? They better buy him a comfy chair because he's gonna be sitting on the bench all year after getting hurt the first week of the season.

aint that the truth.
laugh.gif

nah but seriously . . source?

I just realized I've been really negative in this thread. LOL. Yeah TMac would be cool to see in NY. If it does go through hopefully he can stay healthyfor a good part of the season. His career has been marred by injury hindering his true potential. I think he could add something positive to the Knicks withpossibly 25-30 mins

tmac on the bench > curry on the bench.
hell if hes injured, insurance pays part of his contract too. even better!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Turk supposedly signed with Blazers, we should target Rudy now!

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Key: Player Option /Team Option / Qualifying Offer / 80%Scale Offer[/font]
[table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Player
[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2009/10[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2010/11[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2011/12[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2012/13[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rudy Fernandez[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,165,320[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,246,680[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,180,443[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,187,807[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

i could already see it.....
rubio, rudy, gallinari, hill (i cant think of any european PF we can get), milicic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They should trade for T-Mac and then sign AI for a year. That would be entertaining, and they can abandon it after a year since it probably won't work out.That way Knicks fans can actually pay attention to the season instead of looking ahead to next summer
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, the only FA worth pursuing right now is Sessions, and I'm not sure if I'd give up the opportunity to sign two All-Stars next year.

Hoopshype has the Knicks' cap space in 2010 at $18 million, down from $93 this previous year, which is just
eek.gif
in my opinion. This is exciting, becausethe NBA needs the NY team to be relevant again.

[h3]No fireworks yet[/h3]
Suddenly got quiet on the Knick front. The team doesn't expect to know of Jason Kidd's decision until after the holiday weekend. The deals are there to mull -- 3x$24M from DAL and 3x$18M from the Knicks -- and Kidd has to decide whether it's about the loot or the location.

It is unclear if the Dallas deal has the third year guaranteed. The Knicks, from what I'm told, most certainly is. The third year isn't the issue for Donnie Walsh, it's the second year (2010-11). But if Kidd accepts, then you can be sure the next step will be to find a way to move Jared Jeffries' $6.8M salary off the 2010-11 payroll.

A quick note here: the Knicks don't want to move Jeffries. In fact, the coaching staff is very high on him as a player and a person.

If Kidd doesn't take the New York challenge, don't immediately think Ramon Sessions is the next target. Sure, the Knicks would love to have him, but they haven't been in touch with his agent yet. Why? Because the Bucks have made it crystal clear with their moves that they plan to match any offer for Sessions. It is likely a futile exercise.

Andre Miller and Mike Bibby would get calls, but let's be honest, if the Kidd scenario falls through it might be better to stick with Chris Duhon for the season with Toney Douglas as the third guard and see what happens with Steve Nash next summer. Nash, who has a $13M team option the Suns will pick up in August ($8M of it is guaranteed, according to the Arizona Republic, so you know they're picking it up), won't sign an extension if he's not happy with the direction of the franchise.

Like Kidd, Nash may be just using the Knicks as leverage. But if you're the Knicks, you stay in the game just in case. Nash just keeps talking about the Knicks and basically said to the Globe & Mail that if it's time to move on from Phoenix, the Knicks are his first choice:

But the Victoria, B.C. native, who is heading into the final year of a contract that will pay him $13.1 million U.S. in 2009-10, acknowledged that if the sides can't reach a consensus, "than a trade would always be a possibility." And if that's the case, the point guard said he would like to play in New York, where his family spends its summers.

"I would preface it by saying that I love Phoenix and that's what I'm focusing on right now," Nash said. "But I live in New York City, and I love it there, and [Knicks head coach] Mike D'Antoni was one of my favourite coaches. If it didn't work out in Phoenix, obviously that would be a place I'd consider."

As for the restricteds...still haven't heard that the Knicks have made any formal offers to either. Parameters have been discussed but right now the agents for both players are playing the market. Remember, any offer sheets can be matched by the Knicks.

The report from Toronto about the Raptors having an interest in acquiring David Lee is accurate, but moot. I checked in with Toronto and was told Chris Bosh would not be part of any trade conversations and the reply I got from the Knicks end was that there wasn't much interest in any other player on that roster to even begin discussing a deal for Lee.

I'll maintain belief that David remains a Knick. My guess? 5x$40M, with an opt-out after the third year. If the Knicks get him for less it's a bargain.

Now that the Lakers have Ron Artest -- the Lamar Odom thing still has to be addressed -- is it time for Mitch Kupchak to look into upgrading his backup guard position? Nate Robinson would be a good fit there for many reasons, starting with the fact that he would be a major upgrade over Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown. Now . . . the issue is the Lakers don't have many options that fit the Knicks. Sasha Vujacic would work, but his contract extends into 2010-11. Would the Knicks take Adam Morrison's expiring deal? Nah.

Then again, those numbers might be too high for Robinson. A package of Farmar and Brown (about $3M), who both have expiring contracts, may be the better play. But then you are really log-jamming the backcourt with players. Remember, you still have Chris Duhon and also rookie Toney Douglas, on top of Morris Almond, who is likely to get a training camp invite.

But there is a belief that the Knicks will re-visit the Sacramento Kings scenario from the trade deadline. The Kings acquired Sergio Rodriguez from Portland before the draft so there could be something there with Robinson and Jeffries going to Sacto for, say, Rodriguez (RFA next summer) and Kenny Thomas' expiring contract in return. Just speculatin.

Enjoy the 4th. Be safe.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

They should trade for T-Mac and then sign AI for a year. That would be entertaining, and they can abandon it after a year since it probably won't work out. That way Knicks fans can actually pay attention to the season instead of looking ahead to next summer
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, the only FA worth pursuing right now is Sessions, and I'm not sure if I'd give up the opportunity to sign two All-Stars next year.

Hoopshype has the Knicks' cap space in 2010 at $18 million, down from $93 this previous year, which is just
eek.gif
in my opinion. This is exciting, because the NBA needs the NY team to be relevant again.
Now if we get rid of Curry + Jeffries then
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Curry to the Rockets probably going down soon...
can we get a source?

and it's for T-mac right??? if this is true ....
eek.gif

T-mac a Knick was my dream about 5 years ago
laugh.gif
, but excellent pickupnone the less

I do NOT want us to sign Jason Kidd. We need to step away from this. It will only bite us in the *+%. We shoudl focus on getting rid of Curry and Jefferies atthis point.

^ exactly.... we shouldnt sign anyone including our own free agents unless its for 1 year... they should be more worried about 2010 and just focus on that...

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I do NOT want us to sign Jason Kidd. We need to step away from this. It will only bite us in the *+%. We shoudl focus on getting rid of Curry and Jefferies at this point.
QFT, Walsh better have a plan on how were gona get rid of these guys
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom