Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by DubA169

what would we do with hill if we keep lee?
have you ever heard of a back up player?knicks run lee rugged last year.hill would lessen the wear and tear.

i think our lineup is gonna look something like this come first game of the season.....

-duhon
-chandler
-gallinari
-hill
-milicic

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

Originally Posted by DubA169

what would we do with hill if we keep lee?
have you ever heard of a back up player?knicks run lee rugged last year.hill would lessen the wear and tear.
yeah cause we spent our 8th pick in the draft on a back up player
eyes.gif

give the rookie real minutes or trade him

That starting 5 will get us the 1st pick next year, but I doubt that's our 5, I'm sure there's gonna b some trades soon

So if Portland don't make an offer for Lee, we're only left with Thunder trying to make a move right? then he's forced to take the qualifying offerof 2M?

yes, jazz have our pick next year.
thunders are not interested in lee. lee would not take the qualifying offer. maybe the original offer we gave him, of 4/32.
that starting lineup isnt THAT bad, although i admit we're def. heading lottery bound if thats our 5.
i think maybe jefferies/curry would take the starting 5 position. that is, if eddy's in shape.

I see David Lee and Nate Robinson staying another season.

I know Portland needs some toughness at PF, but Lee is going to ask for too much to be a backup PF because there is no way Portland trades LaMarcus Aldridge.OKC has already said they'll wait another season to spend money, so that's a no go for Lee. Robinson going to Orlando seems redundant on Orlando'spart with Jameer Nelson, Anthony Johnson, Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus and J.J. Redick already in the backcourt. All this just points to Lee and Robinsonreturning for another season.

That's just me though.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

That would be crazy if we have a top 5 pick next near and we have to give it up to the Jazz
sick.gif
it happened when we gave up that number 2 pick to the Bulls in that Eddy Curry trade
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i think our lineup is gonna look something like this come first game of the season.....

-duhon
-chandler
-gallinari
-hill
-milicic
that is a FAIL right there
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/many-possibilities-for-potential-boozer-trade-253062.html
Many possibilities for potential Boozer trade

"Should
they explore a Carlos Boozer trade in the wake of the two-time All-Star
forward's decision Tuesday to opt against free agency in favor of
playing out the final year of his contract, the Jazz can expect to have
several options. A Boozer trade is expected in some circles if the Jazz
re-sign restricted free agent Paul Millsap, to avoid a lame-duck season
in which Boozer would be expected to leave afterward while Millsap
possibly would have to continue to come off the bench. To make it
happen, though, the Jazz would have to find a team interested in adding
a power forward in Boozer or a team trying to save on a long-term
salary commitment and/or clear salary-cap space for the ..."

nerd.gif
I doubt it, but any chance of Cavs doing a sign-trade for Boozer. Him being public enemy #1 in Cleveland would disappear quickly

Please tell me how this pertains to the Knicks thread.

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

-duhon
-chandler
-gallinari
-hill
-milicic
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
laugh.gif
I think the lineup will be more like this if we let Lee and Nate go.

Duhon
Hughes
Chandler
Harrington
Milicic or Hill

Either way our team is not looking too good right now.

-duhon
-chandler
-gallinari
-hill
-milicic
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
laugh.gif
That lineup isnt THAT bad and i think we can have a better record next year with those players. Every one of our players will improve from lastyear. I know i'm being optimistic, but i have a feeling if given starter minutes hill can be a 12-10 guy his rookie season, milicic's career will takea huge turn for the better, and gallinari can easily put up 15+ ppg. Plus thats not that bad of a defensive lineup. Besides for gallinari (on ball defense,he's a good off ball defender) and maybe duhon, chandler-hill-milicic are all good defenders. That only thing i'm worrying about this season is ourbench. With nate projected to be gone, we need someone else to step up big time. Btw, i think this year we NEED to make the playoffs. We need to prove to the2010 FA class that they will have a good supporting cast.

I'm sure that we are going to make major moves in the summer of '10....but i'm really not seeing this summers plan that will make us"competitive" this upcoming season and lure in the top tier free agent the season after.

^we need to make moves NOW!
hughes, curry, maybe jefferies because of his contract, all need to be moved for someone useful.
i honestly rather start chandler over hughes so that he could get more experience, and learn through his mistakes.

-duhon
-chandler
-gallinari
-hill
-milicic
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
laugh.gif
That lineup isnt THAT bad and i think we can have a better record next year with those players. Every one of our players will improve from last year. I know i'm being optimistic, but i have a feeling if given starter minutes hill can be a 12-10 guy his rookie season, milicic's career will take a huge turn for the better, and gallinari can easily put up 15+ ppg. Plus thats not that bad of a defensive lineup. Besides for gallinari (on ball defense, he's a good off ball defender) and maybe duhon, chandler-hill-milicic are all good defenders. That only thing i'm worrying about this season is our bench. With nate projected to be gone, we need someone else to step up big time. Btw, i think this year we NEED to make the playoffs. We need to prove to the 2010 FA class that they will have a good supporting cast.
There is 0 chance that that team makes the playoffs if the Knicks dont aquire more guys. I mean everyone may step up a bit but there is no way wewill be a better team next season if all we aquire are some draft picks and an underachiever (Darko) while losing our 2 best players from the previous season.Players may take some nice steps but that team is still picking in the top 10 i got nws for you. Also yall sleeping on Buckets and Hughes. There is no way thatAl Harrington will be on the bench next year, especially if we lose Lee. He is far and away the best scorer on our team and will be the starting PF andHill/Darko would fight for the 5 (more likely Darko because he is more experienced and more of a true center although both are natural PFs).

Im just hoping that we make some more good moves (TRADE CURRY
smile.gif
) andhopefully keep AT LEAST Nate around for next season.

I dunno but i have confidence in that lineup. Hughes, Harrington, Curry, Douglass, and maybe one more acquisition this offseason (from a sign and trade) tostrengthen our bench and i think we're good to go. This year's team is better than last years team and i think we can squeeze into that 8th spot minusany injuries. This is all ofcourse without lee and nate (who is replaceable even though he will be missed). I'm just hoping that if they are both gonna begone this year, atleast we'll get some talent in return (especially someone from portland).

Back
Top Bottom