Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Did yall forget? David lee doesn't box out
mad.gif

Kidd has given a verbal commitment to dallas

eek.gif
Sheeds signing with Boston has a big impact on our future with Bron, Idont see how the Cavs could get past Boston now in the eastern conference. Hopefully cavs go out in the conference and in the post game interview Bron isrocken the NY fitted
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Knicks should be hard pressed to beef up the roster this season. SInce there's no secret that 'Bron is what we'll be going after next season,what player of his calibur wants to go to a 33 win team? Sure, there's the whole "resurrect a franchise" storyline, but he's pretty much donethat already. If you continue to bring in new faces, new personalities, new styles, how in the hell do you hope to develop consistency and put out a goodproduct to audition for LBJ? These guys are pros, but we've seen what an inconsistent roster can do to so-called pros.

There were a couple opportunities the organization missed sorely, and hopefully more that will bring quality talent, not just tinkering with dollars andcontracts. Oh yea, keep David Lee got dammit.

my $00.02 for the month.

^you see, donnie is doing that.
hes trying to get rid of bad contracts, while being competitive.
if lee takes that 4/32, im down for that, but if he asks for me, he can walk, and would be greatly appreciated for what he's done for us.
i just hope we can make all our moves in this off season, so that they can develop and gain some chemistry during training camp.
i really dont want last minute trades at the feb. deadline to ruin that chemistry.

yea, those last minute/midseason deals can be hard to master and make a quick turnaround. Hell, just last season I thought we'd be at least 40 wins withCrawford and Z-Bo.

frown.gif
Crawford, sucks I don't get to see him play anymore. I'm glad he's out of that cluster %$!+ GS though.

I'm starting to worry that lebron won't want to come here cause we will have nobody for him to play with. If we trade curry for an expiring then we canget two max but would that be enough? I don't see bosh coming here.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

The Knicks should be hard pressed to beef up the roster this season. SInce there's no secret that 'Bron is what we'll be going after next season, what player of his calibur wants to go to a 33 win team?
Im just saying but the likelihood that the Knicks can get more than 33 wins next yr and/or be a playoff team is not very high. Just trying to berealistic and i think Donnie and Bron knows that. Best we can do is just continue to try and dump salary and keep having our young guys develop enough tointrigue Bron and than put our extra cap space to work next summer.

F*&* KIDD SWAMPRAT A** N***@
say word
pimp.gif

I say no to these old *!$ PGs (ie Kidd and Nash esp Kidd) that cant stay in front of any starting in the PG in the league right now. I would MUCH MUCH rathertry and scoop an up and coming young floor general (ie Sessions) and let D'Antoni go to work on developing his game. I mean Steve Nash wasnt dropping 14assists per game before he came to Phoenix. I say out with the old and in with the new. Nash didnt make D'Antoni, (he was always good but not 3x MVP good)D'Antoni made Nash. No need to going after him and trying to resurrect what we can get outta him. I mean he was a defensive liability in his prime, hecouldnt guard Eric +%#!$#! Snow now. No need to go after old jewels like that, when we should be trying to create new ones. I say go after a young guy that hasshown signs of being capable of carrying a team and can actually play for the future and play big minutes and possibly even play some defense, and than letD'Antoni do his magic in terms of trying to turn him into a floor general and make him reach his potential. Sessions imo would be ideal and we should imoexplore the FULL MLE in getting him, but there are other options. I mean a guy like Sebastian Telfair could potentially be put into good use here and he isprobably very tradeable with Flynn coming in and Kahn/Walsh being old buddies although the whole Rubio thing didnt work out.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Why aren't we trying to do a sign & trade with Lee for Bosh?
Raptors supposedly don't want anyone on our roster, i think there was an article on that

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

Originally Posted by DubA169

what would we do with hill if we keep lee?
have you ever heard of a back up player?knicks run lee rugged last year.hill would lessen the wear and tear.
yeah cause we spent our 8th pick in the draft on a back up player
eyes.gif

give the rookie real minutes or trade him
well you can be deemed a back up player and still play minutes if he comes in ready to play.maybe even play lee and hill at the 4 and 5th.theminutes will be there regardless of role for hill simply for the fact that we don't have a log-jam of quality,serviceable bigs.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

this offseason is a wash
smh.gif

[h3]I doubt any of this happens, but
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[/h3] [h3]
[/h3] [h3]Very busy week ahead for The Knicks....[/h3]
by Hoops4Life06 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:34 pm

Lot's of surprises are in store for NY fans this week. Things will finally fall into place. Once Kidd makes his official announcement NY will make decisions on Lee, Nate and EDDY CURRY.

Grant Hill will be offered a 1 year deal with a player option for year 2, look for him to take that deal. Quiet as it's kept, Ricky Rubio is still very much in play for NY and this week something will happen to prove that out.

Brandon Bass will take a deal with Orlando. So that's just one more landing spot off the table for David Lee.

Kidd's decision which will be official tomorrow. That will set the wheels in motion for a week of activity that will surprise NY fans a little. Eddy and Nate will be on the move. Being able to find a trading partner for Eddy will shock alot of people. New Orleans is a strong possibility. Dont snicker at Eddy in NO, playing in the pick and roll with CP3, Eddy will feast (that includes on that gumbo too)

Nate & Mobley dealt, Nate signed and traded to Minnesota. Mobley to Portland, Rudy Fernandez, Blake plus cash to Minnesota, Rubio to NY and Portland will sign Andre Miller.

But the Lee issue will be resolved by week's end. He will be a Knick. Donnie played this just right!

Of course reaction will be VERY mixed. BUT by the time NY starts the summer league, Nate, Mobley and BIG EDDY will be gone. BUT, NY will have David Lee will be back along with Ricky Rubio and Grant Hill on the roster.

Our offer to Lee is more than fair. He's never going to have another season like this on a different team and he and other teams have to know that.He's not going anywhere.

I would hate to see Nate go, but I hope he goes somewhere good that's willing to use him. I doubt the Lakers going to bother with him because they alreadyknow they have the next championship wrapped up, but if they like him that much good for him.

^hahahaha

I know you aren't supposed to kill the messenger but damn you for getting my hopes up

Originally Posted by NYelectric

they already know they have the next championship wrapped up, but if they like him that much good for him.

That chip is FARRRR from wrapped up for the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom