Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"I haven't spoken to Minnesota, I will," Walsh said. "I don't know what's going on there. He took a lot of point guards so I want to ask him, 'Why did you do that?' In a way that kind of helped us because that left us with two players that were, in our mind, really good players. I just want to find out."

That's what I'm talking about.
pimp.gif
\

Where's my Adam Silver like ovation? Haters.

Na, but I really am starting to love Jordan Hill at the 4. I think having him at the 4 really opens up the possibility of Lee and Chandler being moved for acouple of players/cap space. I'm guessing Chandler an either a player or pick (do we have a trade exception?) for Rubio and then Lee being traded foreither a center or shooting guard. This is going to be an interesting summer.

Its crazy how donnie walsh was david kahn's boss in indiana now he's the guy who screws him in the nba draft lol

If I were Cosby's, I would start printing up blue and orange unis with Rubio on them.
about 4 hours ago from txt

Takin from espn's Andrew Marchand's Twitter.
nerd.gif

Prediction: Knicks are getting Rubio.
about 4 hours ago from txt

Also taken from Marchands Twitter page.....

[h1]Rubio Discussions Begin?[/h1]
Jun 26, 2009 6:46 PM EST

After Ricky Rubio skipped his introductory press conference with the Wolves, Marca.com says that discussions on a possible trade to send Rubio to the Knicksare under way.

The report cites sign-and-trades of David Lee and Nate Robinson although such a deal could not be consummated untilafter the July moratorium is lifted.

Marca.com says it can confirm these negotiations to send Rubio to New York but there is no way to independently verify the report.

Marc Berman reports on the situation in his New York Post blog.

"The Knicks privately believe Rubio wants to be in New York and his agent Dan Fegan will work hard to make that happen," writes Berman. "TheKnicks have intricate knowledge of Rubio's buyout contract; their European scout, Kevin Wilson, lives in Barcelona and is friends of the family."

Berman also says that the Knicks "believe" that Rubio's contract buyout, currently standing at $6.5 million, "can easily be workedout."

According to Berman's source, Rubio's camp "is hopeful the Knicks move in and strike a deal with the T'wolves."

Lol word that will be crazy if his jersey said ricky on the back.. Yo yall guys remember when isiah thomas had his full name on the back of his jersey? I thinkit was for only 1 season tho

^ it really doesnt matter if we trade lee or nate cuz we're not signing either of them if we plan on getting 2 max players next summer...

^EXACTLY... its like we will get rubio for free lol.. It would be highway robbery if we get rubio and still keep chandler lol

Yeah, I'm already mentally prepared for neither of those two guys on the roster at the start of next season.

Originally Posted by Supafly122

This guy better put up John Stockton numbers, Lee and Nate? You know the offers we had for Lee?
eyes.gif
Well, I was comfortable with letting them both go anyway, so I have absolutely no problem with moving both for Rubio.

But the problem arises when we have to make contracts match. Is Minnesota far enough under the cap to just take one one of either Nate or Lee's contracts?

I would trade both of them for Rubio, considering both could walk without anything in return. Not having to give up Chandler would be ideal.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

This guy better put up John Stockton numbers, Lee and Nate? You know the offers we had for Lee?
eyes.gif
Well, I was comfortable with letting them both go anyway, so I have absolutely no problem with moving both for Rubio.

But the problem arises when we have to make contracts match. Is Minnesota far enough under the cap to just take one one of either Nate or Lee's contracts?
I don't want a combo to be traded for Rubio, because we'll need someone to move with Eddy Curry.

if there is anyone i would trade lee and nate for it would be rubio. kid was destined to play in new york, make it happen Donnie

EDIT-1000th post
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

eyes.gif

I don't want a combo to be traded for Rubio, because we'll need someone to move with Eddy Curry.
I can understand that...but I feel like, if Eddy gets on the court, we'd be able to move him at the deadline since his contract only has oneyear remaining.

I'd make that Rubio deal, though. Hell, I'd even throw in a future second rounder to close it out. Maybe I'm going to far, though.

Back
Top Bottom