Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

How awesome would it have been if Brandon Jennings was selected at 8 and came out late like he did? I'm not sure if he would have gotten more claps orboos, but it would have been a classic moment in Knicks' history
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nas, knick fans dont need any more heart breakers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Minny already have their all star center, with a lot of young talent surronding them. possibly two stars if love develops really well (might be traded anyway)
Knicks have quite a few role players in gallo, chandler, lee and nate if they both stay. the only thing we're missing now is a point guard.
donnie has made this team to work with mikes offense, and every contract to end before 2010 free agency, while competing as well.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

lee+nate for rubio idc get it done somehow

quick question, is there any reason why you want rubio on the knicks or are you just going along with the hype
laugh.gif
. He has the handle, heart, speed, court vision and size (everything that you look for in a PG).
he has handle? Awesome...guards really are lacking handle these days.

heart? please explain

speed? please explain

size? please explain

If we're talking about Rubio's game, not his attitude, Minnesota is a better situation for him right now...especially considering all the pieces youwould have to give away for him. We would definitely provide you guys with a steep price to get him so considering ya'll already suck...it would only getworse and Rubio would have to go to that situation. You wouldn't have all the pieces except a PG because for youto get Rubio we would either require Chandler, Gallinari, etc.

We have Love and Jefferson...two very good posts that Rubio will be able to give it to on the block.

Besides, the Knicks have no pieces we want anyway...I'm just saying Chandler and Gallinari would have to be in the trade if it went down.

I guess Rubio's staying in Spain now though.

quick question, is there any reason why you want rubio on the knicks or are you just going along with the hype
laugh.gif
. He has the handle, heart, speed, court vision and size (everything that you look for in a PG).

heart? please explain

speed? please explain

size? please explain
i dont know about heart, but i can see that he has passion by the way he plays.
rubio does not look by any means slow to me.
he is 6'5 without shoes, and only 18, with a few more years to grow. thats pretty damn tall for a point guard. you can argue that hes weak physically, buthe can get stronger once he actually hits the weight room...
and jpz, would you rather let rubio leave to spain for nothing, or take back hughes and a few other scrubs?

umm...

who knows if the new one will play towards his style at all?

While we have the perfect coach system for his game?

Ya sure, I threw logic out the window with that one.

and That's #1.

How about the fact they have Jonny Flynn now, too? Yeah, let him play with a ****** in the back court while he could play with a 6'7 guy who can defendhere.

Or that the Wolves possess no shooters and they will go through Al Jeff and Love most of the time.

Or that LeBron or Bosh or Amare or Joe Johnson or anyone we want that's a FA can be here next year?

That's just on the court.

Off the court it is not comparable.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Al3xis

You don't have a coach.
Your point?

No way you win this one JPZx...Knicks fans throw logic out the window when arguing
laugh.gif
Yea you're not gonna win any argument. No way is gallinarri involved btw. If any team is willing to over pay for rubio its gonna be the knicksthough. Kahn is a !%%+@*% prick, he basically saying if you wont play in minnesota you wont play in the NBA. What a herb

just wanted to let you east coast folk know that the warriors intend on keeping curry.

yes, we drafted him at the number 7 spot (the pick before
glasses.gif
and we're going to keep him. not trade him or anything it seems. we're just gonna keephim and let him play. yup. keep the player we drafted at number 7.

have fun with jordan hill though...(bwahahhaahahah)

ohwell.gif
BangDak wrote:

laugh.gif

heart? please explain

speed? please explain

size? please explain
i dont know about heart, but i can see that he has passion by the way he plays.
rubio does not look by any means slow to me.
he is 6'5 without shoes, and only 18, with a few more years to grow. thats pretty damn tall for a point guard. you can argue that hes weak physically, but he can get stronger once he actually hits the weight room...
and jpz, would you rather let rubio leave to spain for nothing, or take back hughes and a few other scrubs?

pretty sure hes not even 6'5'' in shoes
laugh.gif
. H'es listedat 6'4''.

and hes frail as hell and lacks explosiveness. I could see if he was skinny like tony parker but he doesnt have parker esque quickness to blow past guys. So hecan't blow by people...correction, he WONT blow by people and doesnt have the strength to lower his shoulder and go through guys.

I still dont see the vision. I see a couple of cute passes from the same 3 highlights but i dont know how thosehighlights translate in to court vision. Howwill that translate in to the league?

i know he has plenty of upside but i dont see the WOW factor..nor do i agree with unloading the team to get him.

basically im saying he'll be an average player in the nba

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

just wanted to let you east coast folk know that the warriors intend on keeping curry.

yes, we drafted him at the number 7 spot (the pick before
glasses.gif
and we're going to keep him. not trade him or anything it seems. we're just gonna keep him and let him play. yup. keep the player we drafted at number 7.

have fun with jordan hill though...(bwahahhaahahah)
have fun being out rebounded by 40 every game

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

you're welcome. I had to leave early because I was just getting frustrated with the way the picks were coming out
laugh.gif
smh.gif
....that's the earliest I ever left the draft.
Where were you sitting?
a section where alot happens
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I officially retired from going to the NBA drafts from now on....9 straight years was quite an accomplishment
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I don't get why this bum %+% Warrior fan is even in here. Go talk about your craptastic team somewhere else, just trying to spit in the faces of NYK fans.

That I'm not sold on Rubio or that I'm not mad at the draft? I would have liked to see the draft go other ways, but I think we got the best we couldget. As for Rubio, I think a shooter would work better in the system, but I haven't seen much of him.

I agree and I'm a warriors fan...why are you trying to talk trash when we aren't in any better position taking him?

Anyway, just wanted to say that yall will really like Jordan Hill especially in D'Antonis system.

Back
Top Bottom