Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

spitting in your face?
frown.gif

i thought some good chumful ribbing could make us all happy about our horrid franchises.

guess not.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm content with that pick.

I'm content with the draft as a whole. It's a little disappointing but our players were gone. What can we do? I personally think Rubio would fitperfectly with this system just the way he pushes the ball up and down the court and his good vision. He's only 18 and can only get better IMO. Hisdefense can improve. And I believe he was 6'5" in shoes. I am not mad with Hill. I'm hoping he doesn't turn out like Frye.

To all the knicks fans hittin me up, I appreciate the support and well wishes. Much love yall. I enjoyed bein a Knick. The Garden was GREAT!
To the memphis fans I appreciate the support and well-wishes, I also look forward to playin there and tryna get things turned around.
Class act since day 1

pimp.gif

q-brick
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

as much as i hated your chucking and games you lost us with your horrendous shooting, you played well here. good luck in memphis.

laugh.gif
, since Q-brick is no longer a Knick, it's time to pay him some respect. He was at one point our best perimeter defender, and that's no slight tohim, because he did a good job at that, but injuries always brought him down. His defense was a pleasant surprise, but his offense didn't live up toanything he accomplished in Phoenix, even with his old coach D'Antoni at the helm.

I can't say that you will be missed (personally) but I respect that you came to play and did so with a high level of class.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/

[h3]http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2009/06/rubio_talk_continues_to_linger.html[/h3]
[h3]Rubio talk continues to linger[/h3]
OK, where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But this Ricky Rubio thing is more of a smolder. And on Friday Donnie Walsh blew on the embers to keep them glowing a little, though his rare transparency was curious.

On the day the Knicks introduced first round picks Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas to the media at the MSG Training Center, Walsh acknowledged that he planned to call his former protege, Timberwolves president David Kahn, to check in on the situation involving his decision to select two point guards -- Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn -- with back-to-back picks at No. 5 and 6.

"I haven't spoken to Minnesota, I will," Walsh said. "I don't know what's going on there. He took a lot of point guards so I want to ask him, 'Why did you do that?' In a way that kind of helped us because that left us with two players that were, in our mind, really good players. I just want to find out."

Walsh said Rubio was "very high" on the Knicks draft board but when asked if he would have selected the Spanish guard if he were there at No. 8, Walsh replied, "We would have considered a lot of people at eight, but tht would have meant that the guy that we got would have been gone."

Multiple sources have said that Rubio was not as highly-regarded by the Knicks as Stephen Curry and Tyreke Evans and perhaps not as much as Hill, whom some Knick scouts touted as the second-best player in the draft. But if there is a chance Rubio -- whose father told a Spanish media outlet that his son will most likely remain in Spain for two years (until his current contract with DKV Joventut expires) -- could be acquired for a relatively cheap cost, it's worth a look.

But before we explore the options, you should know that Kahn was on with Mike & Mike on ESPN Radio this morning and vehemently denied any intentions to trade Rubio. Kahn said he was quite aware that Rubio might decide not to report and that's why he took Flynn with the very next pick. The T-Wolves can play Flynn now and take their time dealing with the Rubio situation.

Rubio we're told was desperately hopeful he would somehow wind up with the Knicks and, apparently, is still holding out hope. It is pretty clear that he would immediately report if the Knicks acquired his rights.

But, though Walsh says he will check it out, it is still very unlikely to happen.

More on Hill and Douglas later on. Time to beat the Friday traffic home.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

It's an exciting time. We're going to get a new point guard, and you guys still won't be happy.
laugh.gif
Until I see Ricky Rubio holding up a New York Knicks jersey, I'm reluctant. But I wanted Rubio from the jump!

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Whats this talk about Rubio going back to Spain? Im confused.
Rubio is an international player. He can opt to go back to Spain instead of playing for Minnesota (he obviously wants to be traded). If he decidesto remain in Spain, after 3 years, Minnesota's draft rights to him will expire and he can re-enter the NBA Draft.

Rubio is going back to spain because he doesn't want to play for minnesota.. If he was drafted by the knicks he would not be going back to spain for 2 to 3years.. This is all about him wanting to get traded to the knicks and I think that's going to happen. Minnesota will most likely try to deal for gallinarior chandler, I would make the deal in a heartbeat. All you idiotic wolves fans stfuu and gtfoo out of our thread asap

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I've heard cries for years about defense, rebounding and size...

and yall can't be content with this?

Why?

It was the worst case scenario, but Walsh made the correct call with Hill.
I didnt feel like reading ll the pages that ive missed but ima start comenting from here. I agree with this. We got #%%*%! over (MINNY FTL
smh.gif
mad.gif
). i mean once Rubio fell to 5 i think everyone in the building wouldhave assumed that Curry or Flynn (more likely Flynn) if not BOTH would slide to 8. I was in attendance and everyone was in utter shock when Flynn and Currywent back to back right before us. I mean everyone assumed Minny would either take Curry or a big not another @#@+#*+ point. And than Golden State would nothave taken Flynn if Minny passed. But honestly i give props to Donnie on this draft. He lost his boys but did not panic and took the ebst available guy. Hillis a very athletic 4 and a great defender. Hes not soft like the last UA big we took with 8 (
laugh.gif
smh.gif
) but he still his a nice midrange game. I like this pick alot it makes usalot tougher inside, and i believe Toney Douglas was another great value pick at 29/ After the lotto this draft got weeeak as $++% but Douglas is a great valuefor 29 he is a tremendous scorer who impressed me ALOT in the ACC tourny and he was also the ACC DPOY and was runner up to Hansbrough for ACC POY. We got 2tough defenders in this draft who both ft in with D'antoni so honestly i cant be that upset.

Also taking Hill makes Lee more expendable and we may not only have to give him big bucks but possibly use him in a package to get a guy like Rubio or a 1strounder next year when we dont have one... btw do yall think Nate is now apart of our future plans now that we didnt get a PG in rd1?
nerd.gif

I thought this was a succesful draft day. $++% Minnesota though. 1st they HAND the Cs KG and now this !%+@. They are officially my new 3rd least favorite teamin the league after Swamps and Cs. GOD DAMN did i want Flynn
smh.gif

EDIT:
To all the knicks fans hittin me up, I appreciate the support and well wishes. Much love yall. I enjoyed bein a Knick. The Garden was GREAT!
To the memphis fans I appreciate the support and well-wishes, I also look forward to playin there and tryna get things turned around.
Class act since day 1

pimp.gif

way to go out like a !+%$$$# man Q
pimp.gif

always went out and played hard and had a great attitude even though he CLEARLY was not the player he used to be.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

If he decides to remain in Spain, after 3 years, Minnesota's draft rights to him will expire and he can re-enter the NBA Draft.

I don't think that is true for international players, only for early entry college players who don't sign with an agent.

Dude is Minnesota property for life unless he's traded.

Back
Top Bottom