Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

In my opinion, if Minn plans to trade Rubio, this offseason is their best chance of getting good value for him.

The longer they wait, the worse the offers become and his value will decrease even more. After this season the only other time his value will be this highagain would be during the next Olympics when his game has probably matured even more and he's on public display to the world again. But on the flip-side Iseriously doubt Minn. fans will be that patient and by that time someone will be fired up there. That team is going nowhere fast. I mean, come on...They're in the western conference lol.

Timberwolves.com Teleconference w/ Rubio

Ricky..
on the Wolves "Al Jefferson who can take the ball and make a dunk and make me easier to play"
on playing in Minnesota "I want to play minutes" told agent he wants to go to "teams that will let me play"
on the Flynn pick "I am feeling comfortable to play with two point guards"
on if he'll fit in the NBA "I am working everyday to be a better player" "I will be fine"
on his buyout "My team don't let me go, so my agent is working on that."
on Pistol Pete "I only compare with Pete Maravich about my haircut."

Doesn't sound like he wants out of Minnesota necessarily, it's juts there's a lot of complications with his contract. Also, falling to 5 must havebeen a gut-punch to him. A gut punch that some of us are happy about
ThumbsUp.gif

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

What can you say that Knicks pick Jordan Hill from the NBA Draft?....for me they should Tyler Hansbrough instead.
They are also interested about Ricky Rubio of Spain
roll.gif
roll.gif

024350d3e068a145cd83119755585a16536166a.gif

and IMO we should go after Rubio HARD. We hve good players that are expendable, especially Lee now that we have J Hill. IMO he has to be one of the best purepoint guards in the draft in a while (in a class with guys like Rose, Paul, and Deron) not saying he is as talented as any of them but i think he is a VERYgood pure point guard and he is only 18 and has played on some of the highest levels of basketball for years now outside of the NBA. I think he could be GREATunder our system and D'Antoni. He is also a big name and would probably be the #1 or #2 pick in next years draft if he waited another year which would easesome of the pain of not having a pick next season. He is a guy that can come in and be our PG of the future, which means stability and it has to be attractiveto have a young floor general like that to the 2010 Free Agent Class.

jw also but am i the only dude here that wants to keep Nate around if we can sign him to an offer of $6 mil per year or less which IMO is reasonable.

I have a love hate relationship with Nate. He'll give you a headache, but he'll drop 25. If he's cheap, then maybe I'd consider keeping him.But that's only if we get Rubio. I'd probably rather go after Telfair [to replace Nate], if we don't.

For us to trade with ya'll...

Have to be a 3rd team involved. Nobody on NY roster worth moving Rubio, we can be picky.

Kahn is handling this whole thing well. There is the usual gamesmanship going on where unique situations exist. Rubio's camp would probably prefer a biggermarket, his Dad makes a comment, that Rubio could stay. Never has their side said he won't play here. Rubio said he has no issue with weather, area, evenhis buyout, he wants MINUTES.

Kahn comes out and says these 2 guys can and will play together and that Rubio starts Day 1. Also, Kahn is on ESPN saying that we are one of few teams that canafford to wait for Rubio, our window is 3 to 4 yrs away. This sets up Rubio and the rest of league that we are not feeling pressure from anyone in this deal.

Bottom line, Rubio is losing a lot of $ if he stays overseas, both NBA paychecks and US marketing opps. Kahn can afford to wait.

If a deal happens, 3rd team, and it will be young budding star types, or no deal at all. IMO

Originally Posted by JPZx

For us to trade with ya'll...

Have to be a 3rd team involved. Nobody on NY roster worth moving Rubio, we can be picky.

Kahn is handling this whole thing well. There is the usual gamesmanship going on where unique situations exist. Rubio's camp would probably prefer a bigger market, his Dad makes a comment, that Rubio could stay. Never has their side said he won't play here. Rubio said he has no issue with weather, area, even his buyout, he wants MINUTES.

Kahn comes out and says these 2 guys can and will play together and that Rubio starts Day 1. Also, Kahn is on ESPN saying that we are one of few teams that can afford to wait for Rubio, our window is 3 to 4 yrs away. This sets up Rubio and the rest of league that we are not feeling pressure from anyone in this deal.

Bottom line, Rubio is losing a lot of $ if he stays overseas, both NBA paychecks and US marketing opps. Kahn can afford to wait.

If a deal happens, 3rd team, and it will be young budding star types, or no deal at all. IMO
Seriously man you cant say that minny wont take anyone from NY because you dont know. just like no one knew minnesota is going to draft rubio andflynn. yes YOU may not trade for anyone on the knicks roster, but YOU are not kahn. i'm sure with kahn's and walsh's relationship along withrubio's agent willing to do anytthing rubio wants something can be done. If there is any team he gets traded to it will be NY or Houston and hopefully itwill be this july.

Stop using that, "you don't know, you're not Kahn" thing as a damn excuse....
laugh.gif
grin.gif

As long as Kahn has a shred of logic in his brain he'll know that the Knicks have nothing to offer us

Wilson Chandler is nothing? Danillo Gallinari is nothing? David Lee, a rebounding machine, is nothing?

Stop it.

Now if you want to say the Knicks may not have enough, that's a different story.

But they have a few good young, proven (Lee) players.

I didn't say the Knicks have nothing, I said they have nothing to offer us. And I'm not saying a tradecouldn't go down but it'd have to be very much one-sided for us I think.

Nah, I think it's the other way around BangDak...

People be proposing trades like, "Lee and Nate for Rubio" with a straight face
laugh.gif
roll.gif

But if you think I'm a homer...how's this: "We suck and we're going nowhere meaningful for 4-5 years."

I love my team but I sure as hell am not a homer
laugh.gif

ANYWAYS.

e330685c713d3445bc4fea67c45a64d9-getty-85134143jm001_new_york_yank.jpg

6d1a1864e2d4cea65bb5a6493480653b-getty-85134143jm005_new_york_yank.jpg

44fda868bacfb0806cf575cc5e30a60f-getty-85134143jm007_new_york_yank.jpg

& d. lee working with Indonesian schoolchildren during his basketball clinic in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia, Thursday, June 25, 2009
pimp.gif

capt.d294bbe3435c4ab6a5f0166eaab5ebd8.indonesia_nba_basketball_jak101.jpg

laugh.gif
roll.gif

But if you think I'm a homer...how's this: "We suck and we're going nowhere meaningful for 4-5 years."

laugh.gif
that trade itself is not bad. lee was an all-star snub this year. personally, i wouldnt even do that trade. both of them are fan favorites.
the only reason why this trade doesnt make sense is because of kevin love and al jeff. imo, either get a real center and move al to the 4, or keep al at the 5and bring lee at the 4. love's value right now is through the roof, with signs that he can be an all-star, clearing up the boards.
of course, i only want this to happen because i want rubio
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
the Nate and Lee trade was mentioned in an article as a rumor, that's why it was being discussed.

ok well heres me perspective... yes im a knicksfan all day... chea! but ya i wouldnt trade anyone from the knicks cuz i like all of them and if we did tradeany of them they better go out of contract in 2010... only ones i trade obviously would be lee or robinson... but if we did have to trade anyone it would becurry or jeffries cuz they go after 2010...if we dont get rubio then watever...i can live with our draft picks....

As long as Kahn has a shred of logic in his brain he'll know that the Knicks have nothing to offer us
Kahn comes out and says these 2 guys can and will play together and that Rubio starts Day 1.
Yeeeah this dude is DEFINITLEY logical. Taking 2 tweener PGs back to back at 5 and 6 and than planning on starting them both together.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

If Kahn did have a shred of logic in his brain he wouldnt have drafted PGs back to back with the 5th and 6th pick and plan to start them both. Have fun gettingEXPOSED on D every night.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

That argument is besides the point. I mean really, why the %@#% do you draft 2 PGs back to back in the top 10? Kahn is not that smart.

And also Lee + Nate >> Rubio

I wouldnt ever even consider doing that trade if it wasnt for the plain fact that Lee and Nates contract was up. But in terms of getting the better players inthe deal, Minnesota would. But i DO get that it dont make sense for yall considering yall already got Al and Love. But than again that is GREAT value for Rubio(a guy who has yet to touch an NBA floor) and Kahn DID take 2 PGs back to back with 5 and 6 and than chose Lawson at 18 (yeah i know he was dealt) so lets notmake Kahn out to be some mastermind or some +#$%. I mean the Clippers took Zach Randolph off of our hands last year and he is a bum AND they had a logjam atthat spot. So as us Knicks fans have learned some GMs dont look too much at position logjams. And also Lee is better than K Love. Lee and Al with Love comingoff the bench would make a much, much better frontcourt than just Love and Al. so lets see how this plays out. You aint makin the calls homie. Deals arent everrumored for no reason. They dont always go through but there has to be some discussion between BOTH sides for deals like this to get rumored.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Colundnt have said it better than THE GR8 great logic man.
You know i got you homie
wink.gif

and on another note. @%%$ Jason Kidd. @%%$ what he brings to the table. I could NEVER EVER root for that filthy $%%%$*% Swamprat. I am sorry i could just neverdo that
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom