Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Nate is an asset as a 6th man.

Duhon would NOT be.

It doesn't make sense to switch them, most nights we saw nate can get starters minutes regardless.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

If Eddy Curry is our starting center...
smh.gif

I cant put up with softness AGAIN i just cant. He makes me too angry
indifferent.gif
It's for the greater good...let him build some trade value so we can dump him somewhere

I hate him, but I hope he plays out of his mind until February and a borderline contender is stupid enough to take him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

If Eddy Curry is our starting center...
smh.gif

I cant put up with softness AGAIN i just cant. He makes me too angry
indifferent.gif
It's for the greater good...let him build some trade value so we can dump him somewhere

I hate him, but I hope he plays out of his mind until February and a borderline contender is stupid enough to take him
laugh.gif
he wont. Even the coaches know. He has never been good so what makes you think hell change now? He is gabage and him getting PT will only slowthis team down. He is garbage.
smh.gif

Eddy Curry has reportedly lost 40 pounds this offseason, but the Knicks aren't setting their expectations too high for the center.

"I think it's going to take him time to get back into a flow," general manager Donnie Walsh told Newsday of Curry.

Curry played in just two games last season because of knee and conditioning problems.

"I'm not expecting anybody to come out of the gate and we all go, 'Wow,' " Walsh added.

smh.gif

cmon g8. stop letting your hatred blind you.
people always deserve 2nd chances, even though this is curry's maybe...4th chance?
i have take an extra 5-10 L's and trade him then get a 45 win season (which i doubt), slightly miss playoffs, and end up with nothing.
and, i see a few dallas fans on this board willingly to take a chance on curry by giving us stackhouse for lee+curry.
lee and curry might be that extra push they need to put them over the top while they're going nowhere with stackhouse.

It's crazy that Curry lost 40 pounds to GET DOWN TO 317. I don't watch a lot of knicks games but that is huge. I was courtside for a wizards-knicksgame a few years ago and he was the biggest person I've ever seen. He is a monster.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
Blazers21NTNP[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#7323[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://Blazers21NTNP.u.yuku.com]

09/26/09 2:24 AM

0bb25bd60cae2b40f6c21b377025b6dea2fbe03.pjpg

[/td] [td]
From Dime...
According to an ESPN Radio report, Skip is already not feeling his situation with the Nets - where he's definitely backing up Devin Harris and will have to battle Keyon Dooling for the #2 job - and wants to be traded to either New York or Miami.

Honestly, I was very surprised he stayed quiet this summer. Ever since Skip gained some NBA stardom with Toronto & Miami, he won't accept anything less than a starting spot... and isn't afraid to voice that.

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Interact
[/td] [td]
Reply Quote Report
[/td] [/tr][/url][/table]http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/7006888/type/0

Am I psychic?...

8/21/09

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Are you serious? Getting a NY kid who is an expiring contract and was good enough to start for the Magic throughout the majority of the playoffs and do well + get rid of Jeffries for another expiring?? What the ++%@ would be the downside to that? Even if you were EXTREMELY high on Duhon its clear that the next season is all about cap space and even if you were THAT high on duhon the best you can possibly think he is is a little better than Skip (i like Skip better than Duhon straight up), but i mean please explain why in the world you wouldnt like that deal? And ++%@ Yi. i hate that soft #$! @!@!% i like the trade better without him, we dont need more soft #$! scrubs
I was just a little iffy about it because I don't like Rafer. He takes too many bad shots for being in this offense. I also don't see the Nets wanting to take on Jefferies contract or give us Yi. I'm all for saving money but it would be nice to field at least a team that could put up a fight like last year's instead of taking IMO a lesser team.

after the ego filled crap we just got rid of the past year, yall would want someone like skip on this team?

short notice, but if any of yall wana make a trip upstate, I MIGHT have some extra tickets for game #1

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I am with HTTB as far as a prediction...I say 38-44 wins as well but under 40 I feel is a safe bet. I am just happy the front office stuck to their guns and did the right things this offseaason.
You think it was a good move passing on Sessions?

Yes i do think it was a good move to not overpay him. I wanted Sessions but overpaying him for a multi-year deal would have hindered our plans for next summer.Finally we have a plan and I am glad to see we are sticking to it. Its about time...the die hard Knicks fans deserved this!

[table][tr][td] [h2] [/h2] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Bell Being Shopped; Rafer a Longshot at Best[/td] [/tr][tr][td]By Tommy Dee - Sep 26, 2009 11:40 am[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
I can still remember the words that Coach Mike D'Antoni seemingly mouthed after
fantasy_ap_rbell1_200.jpg
greeting Raja Bell at for the first time at the Gardenbefore tip off.
"…We need him here…"

Well, according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski the Bobcats are shopping the 33-year-old guard around the league.

It's hard to figure the Knicks would be a destination, but he does have a favorable contract and would be a perfect answer at the two. The only issue isthat the Knicks would want to move Larry Hughes but there isn't a match without bringing in salary.

A source with knowledge of the situation told me don't expect Rafer Alston to be a Knick any time soon. The Knicks are always looking for the right deal,but seem ready to enter camp as presently constituted. Alston's "list" may be the Knicks and Heat, but how exactly does he have any leverage ondemanding where he wants to play?
And besides, what exactly would the Nyets get in return from the Knicks? I wouldn't expect theNyets to do the Knicks any favors.

he really would be. someone who knows mike's system, knows his role, doesnt demand the ball to much, i like.
but bell, hughes, nate, gallo, and chandler, and douglas? at the wing doesnt sound too nice to me.

Back
Top Bottom