Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

After Donnie kept harping on the fact that we'll have the most cap room next offseason, I'm expecting Nate and/or Lee to be moved in order to shedJared Jeffries and/or Eddy Curry's contracts.

I'm excited. First preseason game Oct. 4th!

Forgot Al is expiring. Nice.

And
laugh.gif
@the rim pullups reference.

From Dime...
According to an ESPN Radio report, Skip is already not feeling his situation with the Nets - where he's definitely backing up Devin Harris and will have to battle Keyon Dooling for the #2 job - and wants to be traded to either New York or Miami.
Honestly, I was very surprised he stayed quiet this summer. Ever since Skip gained some NBA stardom with Toronto & Miami, he won't accept anything less than a starting spot... and isn't afraid to voice that.

From Dime...
According to an ESPN Radio report, Skip is already not feeling his situation with the Nets - where he's definitely backing up Devin Harris and will have to battle Keyon Dooling for the #2 job - and wants to be traded to either New York or Miami.
Honestly, I was very surprised he stayed quiet this summer. Ever since Skip gained some NBA stardom with Toronto & Miami, he won't accept anything less than a starting spot... and isn't afraid to voice that.

man i would love to see a lineup of...

Nate
Will
Gallo
Al
Lee

with Darko either starting soime or playing MAD mins off the bench at center, my dude is hungry
pimp.gif

But saying that we NEED to start Lee cause he is probably our best player and we should prob start Buckets as well cause he is prob our most consistent/bestscorer at this point.

Still hoping for Nate > Duhon also
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

give him a chanceeeee
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Nate
Will
Gallo
Al
Lee

with Darko either starting soime or playing MAD mins off the bench at center, my dude is hungry
pimp.gif

But saying that we NEED to start Lee cause he is probably our best player and we should prob start Buckets as well cause he is prob our most consistent/best scorer at this point.

nerd.gif
pimp.gif

give him a chanceeeee
pimp.gif

cosign to everything except giving nate a chance at starting PG. he got plenty of chances and IMO is a wayyyyyyyy better player off the bench. I would LOVEthat lineup btw. I'd say our 8-9 man rotation will be duhon, chandler, gallo, Al, lee, hughes, nate, darko, and eddy. If dantoni gives up on eddy expecthill to get some burn. Toney i tihnk will only play during blow outs unless he kills in training camp/preseason

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Nate
Will
Gallo
Al
Lee

pimp.gif

But saying that we NEED to start Lee cause he is probably our best player and we should prob start Buckets as well cause he is prob our most consistent/best scorer at this point.

nerd.gif
pimp.gif

give him a chanceeeee
pimp.gif

cosign to everything except giving nate a chance at starting PG. he got plenty of chances and IMO is a wayyyyyyyy better player off the bench. I would LOVE that lineup btw. I'd say our 8-9 man rotation will be duhon, chandler, gallo, Al, lee, hughes, nate, darko, and eddy. If dantoni gives up on eddy expect hill to get some burn. Toney i tihnk will only play during blow outs unless he kills in training camp/preseason
i respect your opinion but i think we should at least give Nate a chance to compete with Chris he is sooo much more talented and imo hed be greatrunning the break with Gallo and Will to either side
pimp.gif

idk maybe im a homer and maybe im +*#!%% up but i got faith in Nate, before i pass the *+** out ima leave with this...

just an exceptional all around game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

we shoulda had that after that Nate floater... Al Harrington FTL
smh.gif

twice vs the same +#%+%@+ team
indifferent.gif

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
Blazers21NTNP[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#7323[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://Blazers21NTNP.u.yuku.com]

09/26/09 2:24 AM

0bb25bd60cae2b40f6c21b377025b6dea2fbe03.pjpg

[/td] [td]
From Dime...

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Interact
[/td] [td]
Reply Quote Report
[/td] [/tr][/url][/table]http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/7006888/type/0

shoulda quoted where someone said to trade q back to ny (i think it was HTTB?)
i would be more then happy to give them jefferies for alston and move duhon to his natural back-up point position.
doubt it happens since NJ is trying to save cap just like us.

Originally Posted by BangDak

shoulda quoted where someone said to trade q back to ny (i think it was HTTB?)
i would be more then happy to give them jefferies for alston and move duhon to his natural back-up point position.
doubt it happens since NJ is trying to save cap just like us.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that wasn't HTTB, that was JRS

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
JohnnyRedStorm[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#7327[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://JohnnyRedStorm.niketalk.yuku.com]

Registered Member

09/26/09 10:09 AM
[/td] [td]
3 team trade
Q rich to the Knicks
Alston to the Heat
Jeffries to the Nets

Do it Mitch!!!

|THE|KLIQ|
|The Pope of +$%@|PSN/BLOG:JohnnyRedStorm
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Interact
[/td] [td]
Reply Quote Report
[/td] [/tr][/url][/table]http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/7007944/type/0

Knicks Notebook: Walsh, D'Antoni Happy with Roster, Eye Playoffs

by Mike Slane, nyknicks.com
Posted Sept 25 2009, 8:30 p.m.

Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni's annual Media Day officially marked the end of a long offseason. The Knicks' president and head coach met withthe media for the first time during the 2009-10 season on Friday - five days before training camp tips off in Saratoga - to discuss the team's recentroster moves and what to expect this year.

There was certainly excitement and anticipation in the conference room at the MSG Training Center as the pair, entering their second season together, beganlooking forward to the season that will hopefully snap a six-year playoff drought.

"I'm not going to say it's not going to be tough (to make the playoffs), but I think it's tough for any team first of all,"D'Antoni said. "But I go back to the fact that we have a lot of question marks, and if a few of these question marks can come through then we'llhave a very good chance. We lost 18 games by five points or less last year, and won 32."

Some of the question marks for next season include Danilo Gallinari's health, Eddy Curry's return, Darko Milicic's potential, and how much theteam's two rookies can contribute this season. "If two or three of those question marks come through, I think we're right there,"D'Antoni said.

The Knicks are bringing back their core group of players from last season, along with the additions of free agent Milicic and first-round picks Jordan Hilland Toney Douglas. Friday afternoon's re-signing of restricted free agents Nate Robinson and David Lee brings the roster total to 20 players (five abovethe league limit), including the retired Cuttino Mobley.

"I'm excited about the team and I'm really excited that a lot of the guys are back from last year and we don't have to go through anotherprocess of trying to get them all together," D'Antoni said. "They'll be ready to go."

Another bright spot about the Knicks' offseason is the fact Walsh was able to continue along with his plan of creating significant cap room for nextsummer while still competing for a playoff berth this season. Right now, according to Walsh, the Knicks currently have the most cap space in the NBA.

"I think we did the best we could do in trying to be competitive for this year and yet retain the salary cap flexibility that we want next year and theyear after," Walsh said. "That was the goal when I got here and that remains the goal. This summer was going to be a test of that, because it washard to go out, particularly in this second summer, only looking for guys who can take a one-year contract. You couldn't look for free agents or tradesthat brought you guys into next summer. That really confines what you can do."

Don't Expect Many In-Season Trades

Last season, the Knicks reshaped their roster throughout the year - making four major in-season trades and signing a handful of young prospects late in theseason. This year, don't expect to see many moves. "My history is I don't trade during the season," Walsh said.

"There are guys on one-year contracts and I don't know how we give them away for other guys on one-year contracts, and you can't eat up the capfor next year," D'Antoni added. "I'm hoping we stay the way we are all year and we overachieve. If something great comes up, I'm sureDonnie will pull the trigger on it."

Knicks Look Forward to Curry's Return

Curry was limited to a grand total of 12 minutes in three games last season, as he battled knee problems that eventually affected his overall conditioning.Following an intense offseason training regimen, the Knicks believe he is on pace to once again become a dominate offensive player in the NBA.

"I think Eddy has basically worked on his body all summer," Walsh said. "He's worked very hard and put himself in a position to come intotraining camp, but he hasn't played NBA basketball. He hasn't gone up and down the court at the speed you'd go even in practice in the NBA, so Ithink it's going to take him time to get back into the flow."

Walsh was told that Curry weighed 317 pounds last week, about 40-something pounds less than he weighed at the end of last season. Walsh also pointed outthat he gained muscle at the same time.

The Knicks are hoping Curry can get back to the days when he was one of the league's most dominate players in the low post. In 2006-07, he averaged 19.5points on 57.6 percent shooting from the field.

The Rookies Need to Prove Themselves

With a number of veterans filling up the frontcourt spots already, it could be difficult for Hill to find his way into D'Antoni's eight- or nine-manrotation right away.

"We see flashes of the guy being very good," D'Antoni said. "He's athletic, he's a great kid and he's been working hard. Butto be able to project that he'll be better than… we have a lot of guys. We hope he continues his progress and can contribute, but again, he's aquestion mark."

How about Douglas?

"Toney Douglas did not look good in the Summer League I didn't think," D'Antoni. "I thought he was OK in the game he had 12 assistsand no turnovers, so there was some stuff there. But over the past three weeks he's looked terrific. He's coming on everyday, but again, anotherquestion mark if he can contribute at all. We'll see.

"I think both of them have real shots at being really good players in the league at the least, if not great players."

D'Antoni: Gallinari is the Best Shooter I've Ever Seen

If Gallinari returns from the back injury that plagued him throughout his rookie campaign and can do nothing more than spot up from the corner, D'Antoniwill take it.

"He's the best shooter I've ever seen," said D'Antoni of his first draft pick as Knicks head coach.

Playing at just 50 percent, Gallinari helped lead the Knicks to a 14-14 record while shooting an impressive 44.4 percent from long range last season. It isbelieved that he's at 100 percent entering camp.

"The bar is high for him to get up there where we want him," D'Antoni said, "but with a little luck he can get there."

Gallo Running the Point?

The Knicks could play a lineup that feature five players standing 6-feet-8 or taller. And who better to D up the opposing team's point guard than 6-10Gallinari? That doesn't mean Gallo would be taking the ball up the court, but matching up with a point guard would certainly help get him good looks at thebasket.

"I don't see why we can't put five guys out there 6-8 or over. We got some guys who can do some things," D'Antoni said. "We havesome interesting things we can try.

Darko Arrives in New York

Milicic, who was acquired from Memphis in exchange for Quentin Richardson on draft day, arrived at the Training Center for the first time on Friday. The7-footer spent most of the summer in Serbia, where he and his wife, Zorana, celebrated the birth of their first child last June.

The Knicks are in a great position to try to get the best out of the former No. 2 overall pick. And Milicic is at a position in his life to prove that hebelongs in the league.

"You see his potential and he's in a good spot because he just got married and just had a kid," D'Antoni. "He's 24, he speaksgreat English now and he's comfortable in America. Sometimes you get guys right at the right moment. And he has the talent, I don't think anybodyquestions his talent."

No Questions About Sun Yue?

With no media members asking about the 6-9 point guard Sun Yue (once nicknamed the Chinese Magic Johnson), D'Antoni took it upon himself to talk aboutthe intriguing prospect who was signed last week.

"You haven't asked about Sun Yue," he said. "As a matter of fact, I'm telling you this guy is 6-9 and can play. We'll see, youknow."

New article got some interesting notes. Curry ain't gonna do nothing this year
laugh.gif
, a lineup of 6'8 and taller with gallo running some point
pimp.gif
. He also brought up sun yue by himself so maybe he sees something.

And duhon > skip

i forgot skip was a guy from queens (Benjamin N. Cardozo high school
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) = 1+
laugh.gif

interesting how mike bought up sun yue...
and i wonder who gets cut from our roster when the season starts.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

he's not a starting pg.

he's best suited in his current role.
touche. I 100% agree with that statement. He is a great 6th man. But all im saying is Duhon aint no starter either and i think Nate is the bestoption for what we have. I think its at least worth a try.
nerd.gif

Id love to get Skip have him start and Nate back him up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would take Skip over Duhon anyday

clearly that should be a non issue. Skip was good enough top start at point and lead the Magic to the Finals. Not saying hes an allstar or anything buthe would be great for us starting at point... and he from Queens
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

is gallo playing during the preseason? or will they just hold him until regular season starts? Oct 4th cant wait...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Duhon

Will

Gallo

Lee

Curry

Bench: Nate, Larry, Tony, Darko, Jordan.
Switch up Gallo for Harrington (who I see you've neglected) and it looks about right. Curry gets the nod just because he's coming into theseason with expectations.

If Eddy Curry is our starting center...
smh.gif

I cant put up with softness AGAIN i just cant. He makes me too angry
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom