Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

pimp.gif

i doubt we'd trade for him or be able to.

But I wouldn't be surprised at all to sign him next summer.

Originally Posted by BangDak

cmon g8. stop letting your hatred blind you.
people always deserve 2nd chances, even though this is curry's maybe...4th chance?
i have take an extra 5-10 L's and trade him then get a 45 win season (which i doubt), slightly miss playoffs, and end up with nothing.
and, i see a few dallas fans on this board willingly to take a chance on curry by giving us stackhouse for lee+curry.
lee and curry might be that extra push they need to put them over the top while they're going nowhere with stackhouse.
Yeah but for the last time Curry has never actually been good. And in a system that doesnt involve dumping it into him and just standing around hehas no shot at being an offensive threat. Dont even get me started on defense
indifferent.gif

after the ego filled crap we just got rid of the past year, yall would want someone like skip on this team?

what do you mean Skip with ego problems? Hes never had issues. Do you say this JUST cause hes a NY based PG?
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

are you serious?

First off, he's asking for a trade right now. Rafer Alston, asking for a trade...
"He can't play in a contract year in New Jersey behind Devin Harris and Keyon Dooling."

He's been arrested THREE times.

Has been suspended for on court fights twice.

"Yesterday, Alston said he has friends who 'were ready to fly in and wring (Van Gundy's) neck.'

"And when the former Raptor was asked if he had met with Van Gundy in the aftermath, Alston shook his head.

" ' I'm not good at having a one-on-one meeting, because then I might blow up. He might tell me something that might not make any sense to me, and I may not like that,' " Alston said. " ...'One turnover. I got pulled after one turnover.' "

Criticizing a coach that gave him opportunities and actually vouched for him for JVG while in Houston.

And attitude problems were why he wasn't kept in Toronto.

He'd fit right in with the Isiah circus of clowns. Not this regime.

bell > rafer all day,any day.skip is getting up there in age and another ball chucker on the roster is not a good look.unless we can get him in exchange forjeffries or something like that.

g8, say what you want about curry, but if he can actually keep up in this offense, he might do well. might help him lose some weight running up an down too
laugh.gif

most nba players have been arrested, out of stupidity with the worthless brains they have.
i would demand a trade as well if i was alston. he knows damn well he could be starting on another team.
but for some reason, him being back in queens just doesnt sound like a good idea, although im all for trading him to ny.

Yea skip be wildin
laugh.gif
, didn't he threaten to retire if they didn't fire sam mitchell or something like that? I want no part of skip on our team.Duhon is a great teammate and with 1 year of dantoni's system under his belt I think he will be more ready.

Skip is my dude and all but I don't know about having him on the team...and #%@@ Raja Bell. I can't stand that #%**@.
Originally Posted by Al3xis

But I wouldn't be surprised at all to sign him next summer.
Neither would I.
ohwell.gif

Every year there's a team or two that exceeds expectations and does good for themselves...who's to say the Knicks can't be that team?D'Antoni's system isn't foreign to these guys anymore...some guys feel they have a lot to prove to others....whether because of upcoming freeagency, disrespect or w/e...so I think the Knicks can be more competitive than last year and with the young guys and the uptempo style, they should be fun towatch.

pimp.gif

[h2]2009-10 Telecast Schedule[/h2][table][tr][th=""]GM#[/th] [th=""]DAY[/th] [th=""]DATE[/th] [th=""]VISITOR[/th] [th=""]HOME[/th] [th=""]BLACKOUT ZONE[/th] [th=""]OVERFLOW ZONE[/th] [th=""]TIME[/th] [th=""]PRE-GAME[/th] [th=""]LOCAL TV[/th] [th=""]NETWORK TV[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Preseason[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Sun[/td] [td]4-Oct[/td] [td]New Jersey[/td] [td]at KNICKS[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2:00[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]MSG[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Fri[/td] [td]9-Oct[/td] [td]KNICKS[/td] [td]at Boston[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]7:30[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]MSG[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Tue[/td] [td]13-Oct[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]at KNICKS[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]7:30[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]MSG[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Fri[/td] [td]16-Oct[/td] [td]New Jersey[/td] [td]at KNICKS[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]OV3[/td] [td]7:30[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]MSG[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Sun[/td] [td]18-Oct[/td] [td]Maccabi Tel Aviv[/td] [td]at KNICKS[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1:00[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]MSG[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Tue[/td] [td]20-Oct[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [td]at KNICKS[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]7:30[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]MSG[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Wed[/td] [td]21-Oct[/td] [td]KNICKS[/td] [td]at New Jersey[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]OV23[/td] [td]7:00[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]MSG[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by BangDak

g8, say what you want about curry, but if he can actually keep up in this offense, he might do well. might help him lose some weight running up an down too
laugh.gif
if ya if was a splif we'd be all @#%%@# up

say what you want about him, and he deserves most of it, but...he's a very unique talent.

He has good feet, he has good hands and moves around well for his size when in somewhat of shape.

I don't put it past him to run a little bit and give 20-25 minutes and be productive offensively.

His talent on that side of the ball should never be in question.

damn i didnt know all of these Rafer stories, my b, although i do remember that $!#* with JVG,. Its coming back to me now
embarassed.gif

that .gif had me
roll.gif
though

I still like getting Rafer though. Dude is an expiring contract and he was good enough to start and be a major contributor a lot of the times for the Magic tothe finals. He just makes us a better team, and everyone has their share of off court $!#*.

And where did all these Raja Bell rumors come from btw?

and yeah Curry is garbage, he cant keep up in this system for one thing, 2nd of all even if he did he would just be a black hole... as always. And the biggestdefensive liability one can think of. Id rather have David Lee's 6'9 self guard a dude like Shaq or dwight Howard than @+%#$$% Curry. The dude isGARBAGE. Give him his 15 minutes tops try and increase his value, i bet you hell just make himself look worse but whatever. Saying he should start isridiculous at his point in his career. We will be the wirst team in the league if he started
smh.gif

His talent on that side of the ball should never be in question.
I question it. I have never seen him produce offensively NOT in a terrible +%*+%%% offensive system where he gets the ball every time and there is0 ball movement. Hes overrated offensively and is the worst and laziest defender i have ever watched... his 19 ppg was a fluke and it was inflated because ofour system (or lack of one)
smh.gif

when we have duhon, nate and douglas to man those spots, why bring in a guy who is only concerned with starting?

just not worth it.

i doubt eddy has ever been under 300 since his rookie year. If he's 317, that's decent. The number of lbs really shouldn't be a concern, just havehe is conditioned and moves around

I question it.
offensively, personally...for a big man, top 2 things..Hands and footwork, Eddy has both. Hes an agile guy for his size, too.

Yes, He is a black hole and lazy. But that's not his talent.

stephon marbury is one of the top 5 most talented pg's ive ever seen, but you know how i feel about him as a player.

im just sayin, eddy has the god given talent. he's wasted it, but it's always been there.

dlee would get knocked the %#!! out again someone like shaq and howard.
curry...at least he has his fat to protect him.
you guys can keep hating him on all you want, hes still on our team and you better appreciate him until he gets traded.
if you guys were to boo him once he starts, you think he'll want to continue playing?
que the "he never played hard and blah blah blah" g8
laugh.gif

[h1]Forward Danilo Gallinari gives Knicks a shot if he's healthy[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, September 28th 2009, 4:00 AM

alg_gallinari_drives.jpg

Laham/Getty
Coming off surgery, Danilo Gallinari and Knicks hope for a healthy season.

The countdown has officially begun. In 275 days, LeBron James can become a free agent and possibly change the course of Knicks history.

The prospect of LeBron in a Knicks uniform makes what happens between today (the start of training camp) and July 1 (the first day of free agency) seem rather trivial. However, it would be encouraging to James and Knicks fans if the club can post its first winning season since 2000-01.

"We're going to have to overachieve without a doubt," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "I think we can fool a lot of people and overachieve."

The Knicks are an uninspiring 32-50 in the post-Isiah Thomas era and the team that team president Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni bring to Saratoga Monday doesn't look much different from last year's final roster. They added a lottery pick (forward Jordan Hill) and a lottery bust (center Darko Milicic). None of the free agents the club wined and dined over the summer, including Jason Kidd, Grant Hill and Andre Miller signed on.

But D'Antoni believes that second-year forward Danilo Gallinari, coming off back surgery, will make a contribution. The Knicks are also encouraged that Eddy Curry has dropped 40 pounds. But even D'Antoni admitted the team "has got a lot of question marks.

"If some of the question marks come through we'll be okay," he added.

Here are some of the questions that need to be answered before the Knicks' Oct. 28 season opener in Miami:

Is Gallo healthy? D'Antoni calls Gallinari the "best shooter" he has ever seen. The rest of us only saw Gallinari for 28 games. The Italian forward has to prove that he can stay healthy and survive the physical demands of an NBA season.

Will the coach embrace his center? D'Antoni is not fond of big men and he had little use for Curry, who played a grand total of 12 minutes last year. Walsh wants Curry to see action. Walsh also wanted Stephon Marbury to play but D'Antoni felt otherwise.

Is Wilson ready to go? Wilson Chandler was the only Knick to appear in all 82 games last season. However, he had ankle surgery in June and he could struggle early.

Is Hughes the odd man out? D'Antoni likes to keep a short rotation and Larry Hughes, who struggled following last year's trade, could find himself on the bench more often than not.

Can either rookie help? Hill and fellow first-round pick Toney Douglas had their moments during the Vegas Summer League, but neither seems capable of making an immediate impact.

Back
Top Bottom