Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by Woodside718

remember you were asking about ticket specials? well
grin.gif
laugh.gif
here's the newest one

[h1]David Lee isBack! Limited Time Offer: Knicks Season Tix for $42/Seat Per Game[/h1]
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
amex300w.jpg
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

Helpful Links:
http://msgnyc.com/index.cfm?s12785c21996745t12803n35043eo29256
Visit NYKnicks.com
Contact Customer Service
Information and Services for Disabled Patrons
[table][tr][td]
wheelchair.jpg

[/td] [td]Madison Square Garden has the following available for people with disabilities: Wheelchair, Designated Aisle Transfer and Companion Seats; Accessible Restrooms and Assistive Listening Devices. Please call Ticketmaster, visit the Garden Box Office or contact the MSG Disabled Services Department at (212)465-6034.[/td] [/tr][/table][h3] [/h3] [/td] [/tr][/table]
For all your Knicks news, go to www.nyknicks.com

New York Knicks
2 Penn Plaza, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10121-0091

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Certainly not. One will be provided. A male one. The kind that can't even grow a beard, and will pick up any kind of towel no matter how soiled with semen without telling anyone's wife. A little on the chubby side.
Hopefully he knows how to cook.

Sep 25, 2009 3:41 PM EST

Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
Mike D'Antoni told the mediathat he has never seen a shooter as good as Danilo Gallinari.

"He's the best shooter I've ever seen," D'Antoni said.

Donnie Walsh said that the Knicks will have more 2010 cap room than any other club.

"We have the most room in the league," Walsh said. "That's good. We're No. 1."

RealGM Note: The Nets, Heat and Thunder are the other three teams currently with significant 2010 cap space. The Bulls, Clippers and Wolves each have lesscap space, but are under $40M in committed salaries for the 10-11 season.

[h2]Welcome to the hump year[/h2]
42 m ago By Alan Hahn

Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni both insisted this season will be about making a run at the playoffs. D'Antoni even went as far as saying he thinks his team "can fool a lot of people" and "we can overachieve."

But Walsh acknowledged on Friday that the close of this uneventful summer comes as somewhat of a relief to him because he escaped it without losing any of that precious salary cap space the franchise has hoarded for 2010.

"We did the best we could do in trying to be competitive for this year and yet retain the salary cap flexibility we want next year and the year after," Walsh said. "That was the goal when I got here and that remains the goal."

Walsh proudly announced that next summer the Knicks will "have the most room in the league," though no one knows yet exactly how much room that will be until the NBA releases the salary cap number on July 7, 2010. The U.S. economy, and its effect on the NBA revenue bottom line this season, will be the determining factor.

"I know that we're gong to have a lot of room," Walsh said.

But will he have the kind of team that can attract a superstar-level free agent such as you-know-who (the kid from Akron who likes the Yankees)? Because, you know, top free agents will want to go where they have the best chance to win.

Before Walsh could answer, Mike D'Antoni couldn't help but interject.

"Do you really believe that?" said D'Antoni, who, you remember, was surrounded by the NBA's best players last summer in Beijing. "They're going to go where the money is.

"I would think any superstar would think, 'If I go there, I'll make a difference. I'll win wherever I go.'"

Walsh added that the Knicks also have many things to offer, aside from the win-now aspect.

"I think that it's a bigger decision than that for most free agents," he said. "I think the fact that it's New York plays into it, how good our team is plays into it, that we have a great coach in Mike D'Antoni plays into it.

"There's a lot more factors than just how many good players do they have . . . They have to want to leave, to a degree, their home team. And the home team can always keep them because they are always able to give more money."

And right now, those home teams already have that money on the table. And it's just sitting there.

* - Walsh said Eddy Curry's more recent weigh-in (last week) was 317 pounds, which is over 40 pounds lighter than he was at the end of last season. Or, as D'Antoni said, "Two Backstreet Boys." But Walsh took a cautious tone when asked about the early expectations put on Curry: "I think it's going to take him time to get back into a flow."

* - Nate Robinson and David Lee both were officially signed Friday morning. As we reported yesterday, Lee recieved $7M and Robinson was given a $4M deal and both players have $1M bonuses if the team makes the playoffs. Walsh said he never wanted to push either into taking their qualfying offers ($2.6M for Lee and $2.9M for Robinson), even though that's all the team, by rule, had to give them. Walsh considered it "fair to them" for understanding the team's stance about not offering long-term deals to protect the cap space in 2010.

* - I've heard a lot of buzz about Al Harrington, who apparently has showed up in tremendous shape. The trimmed-down Harrington has shown an explosiveness off the dribble in scrimmages. And not a single chin-up on the rim.

* - D'Antoni and Walsh seem most thrilled with the overall personality and work ethic of the team. Asked about any lingering losing/negative mentality from the previous regime that still so noticably existed last season, D'Antoni replied, "I think we weeded out those guys."

* - Darko Milicic was en route to the States from Serbia on Friday. Meanwhile, Robinson left New York on Friday to spend the weekend with his family in Seattle before camp opens. Robinson and his girlfriend welcomed the couple's third child into the world last week. Robinson will return solo while the rest of the family won't join him until January, when his newborn daughter will be old enough to fly cross-country.

I love Donnie and Mike.

Man, I'm so excited to see Gallo. I know he has it in him to be very good. He had some flashes last season in the little time he was out there...while notat 100%, I might add.

I'm hoping for a full season with Gallinari healthy. I want D'Antonio to start him and Chandler together. I'm really excited to see both of themgrow.

im interested to see what dantoni uses for a lineup and rotation

you gota figure;

duhon
nate
chandler
gallo
lee
curry
darko
douglas
hill
hughes
jeffries
harrington

all warrant playing time at some point. that's 12 guys. we couldnt even dress 8 last year
laugh.gif

I can see Hughes finding his way into his doghouse this year and Jordan Hill being brought along slowly. Curry needs to be showcased, buy i can see Mike'spatience running out quick.

Duhon
Chandler
Gallo
Harrington
Lee

with nate as 6th man probably would be most effective, but i'd like some more size and dave at the 4. hate Will at the 2. but if Hughes doesn't cut it,there aren't many options unless you go small with Nate/Duhon/Douglas combo in the back court

40 win season hopefully. dont think that'll make it to the playoffs but its worth a try.
Duhon
Chandler
Gallo
Harrington
Lee
that seems nice to watch, sort of, but we'll get dominated by teams with a bigger front court.
what i think will be our starting lineup:
PG: Duhon
SG: Hughes
SF: Will
PF: Lee
C: Curry (hopefully?)
it does seem like a big headache though looking at the roster. just too many guys, not enough PT to go around. and you cant be subbing guys in and outotherwise they'll be out of sync.

I still see us missing the playoffs, this is almost the same roster as last year. Then again, the chemistry and IQ should improve from last season.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I will be at Media Day on Monday...a ton of the attention should be on Lee and Nate.
will you be able to ask questions to any of the two?

Yessir. I will post the video report I am doing with Marc Berman once I am done.

I am with HTTB as far as a prediction...I say 38-44 wins as well but under 40 I feel is a safe bet. I am just happy the front office stuck to their guns anddid the right things this offseaason.

[table][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]50[/td] [td].390[/td] [td]5th[/td] [td]Atlantic Division[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]DNQ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]59[/td] [td].280[/td] [td]5th[/td] [td]Atlantic Division[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]DNQ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]49[/td] [td].402[/td] [td]4th[/td] [td]Atlantic Division[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]DNQ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]59[/td] [td].280[/td] [td]5th[/td] [td]Atlantic Division[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]DNQ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]49[/td] [td].402[/td] [td]4th[/td] [td]Atlantic Division[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]DNQ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]43[/td] [td].476[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [td]Atlantic Division[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]Lost East Conf 1st Rd[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]45[/td] [td].451[/td] [td]5th[/td] [td]Atlantic Division[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]DNQ[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]New York[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]52[/td] [td].366[/td] [td]7th[/td] [td]Atlantic Division[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]DNQ[/td] [/tr][/table]

Damn, the past 8 years is tough to look at. At least we know we're on the right track now, though.

I am extremely happy with Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni. I think they're doing an excellent job of sticking to a plan. Also, props to James Dolan(
eyes.gif
) for allowing these guys to blow it up and rebuild.

im going to say
-duhon
-larry
-will
-lee
-darko

but i would like this lineup....
-duhon
-gallo
-will
-al
-lee
pimp.gif

i still have hope for the playoffs
grin.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I am with HTTB as far as a prediction...I say 38-44 wins as well but under 40 I feel is a safe bet. I am just happy the front office stuck to their guns and did the right things this offseaason.
You think it was a good move passing on Sessions?

i dont think dolan has a choice
laugh.gif

and im still on the sessions thing. he's nice and all but ehh. duhon does fine in our system, as long as we get him a backup point.
still hoping we can pick up rubio.

The regime
pimp.gif

amd_dantoni-walsh.jpg

Big things to come next year, Donnie has to have something up his sleeve and knows something we don't
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom