Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

uh oh, rooster in full health. cant wait to see this...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would like to see this lineup in at times assuming dlee is back

PG: Gallo
SG: Wilson
SF: Harrington
PF: Dlee
C: Darko

This lineup would be very tall and its pretty balanced. Im just excited for some knicks basketball
laugh.gif

i dont want will at the 2, at all this year. he's just not quick enough laterally on defense, and his handle is still going to be poor since has hadlimited time this summer.

I still like Larry Hughes and think a full year in this system should help him out.

According to Ric Bucher, the Jazz is looking to acquire David Lee by working out a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks.
"The Jazz have great interest in Lee and are still looking to move Carlos Boozer," Bucher said. "There would have to be other piecesinvolved, but with Boozer's contract expiring, that would make sense for both sides."

..hmm..this would do a few things..

- there is a piece in place for lebron, if he's re-upped.

- contract expires, so he can walk if that's not in the best interest, or dealt at the dead line with curry/jeffries to a contender.

I'm not a huge boozer fan, but you're not tied into being stuck with him for years if you don't wana be.

gallo at the point guard...?
i mean, dude can shoot and has handles, but i dont think he has the court vision for it. (although his court vision is really good for someone his height)
and i rather have hughes off the bench. maybe will might not be good enough to play the 2 YET, but with this upcoming year learning the job, im sure he'llget the hang of it. i wouldnt mind playing him at the 2/3 so we have more versatility on our roster.

^i dont get that trade for utah though. they have our pick, and i dont think they want us to get any better (unless they're thinking boozer would getinjured again
laugh.gif
)
they do have milsap, who basically is a better version of lee imo, which is why i really dont understand this for utah.

and do the jazz have cap space, or would they need to take on someone else?

i would doubt they wana give lee that kinda money on a new deal.

The Jazz have the second highest payroll in the league. Unless they want to give Lee (roughly) $12M per season, they're going to have to work something outwith the Knicks.

yeah that's what i figured.

It'd be interesting to me if lee is moved, cause as of now he is the only piece that can move eddy curry with him. Unless Nate plays out of his mind tostart the year or they are willing to part with Chandler

damn i really wanted to build around chandler, lee, and gallo, but i'd do that trade. Boozer is alot more consistent and although undersized is a more ofan offensive threat. Again this may be only a rumor, but boozer would be a very attractable piece along with our young studs for the 2010 free agent class .

As for the Jazz they technically 3 starting PFs with okur (i dont consider him a center), millsap, and boozer. A Lee just seems like a perfect fit for them.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

david lee being white is all i can come up with
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

and id that in a second... if we get our pick back
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Team officials regard the 21-year-old Gallinari as the most gifted and versatile player on the roster. He is already their best shooter and passer and, at 6 feet 10 inches, can play multiple positions. Assuming he has a strong training camp, Gallinari is likely to open the season as a starter.
reading that made me very happy
pimp.gif

and im fine with Hughes starting if we can get some flashbacks of his last contract year
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

imagine if the knicks trade lee and jeffries for boozer then trade boozer and curry to miami for j oneal
eek.gif
... i guess one can only wish
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

imagine if the knicks trade lee and jeffries for boozer then trade boozer and curry to miami for j oneal
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Why? So a Knick player can consistently make a SC highlight, albeit on the receiving end? O'neal, unfortunately for him, is past his prime.And while Boozer might look like a step up from Lee, I don't think either do enough themselves to attract big time FAs.

What an uneventful summer Knick fans. I'm not complaining though, Donnie must have a plan, right?

If Donnie pulls this off, he is God...And why would the JAzz want Lee went they just got Millsap, who basically does what Lee does except better.

boozer talk is serious?

boozer over lee is def an upgrade.

still, i'm always skeptical when we trade for a talented pf

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Why? So a Knick player can consistently make a SC highlight, albeit on the receiving end? O'neal, unfortunately for him, is past his prime. And while Boozer might look like a step up from Lee, I don't think either do enough themselves to attract big time FAs.

What an uneventful summer Knick fans. I'm not complaining though, Donnie must have a plan, right?

i know o neal is past his prime... thats not my point... my point is we are getting rid of jeffries and curry to be in better position for 2010...the roster wehave now isnt all that great but do you think without jeffries curry and lee it will really make a difference? even with those guys or just lee we still wontmake the playoffs... so might as well try to get under the cap and make a splash in 2010... its not like im saying we should sign someone long term... o nealis going to be a free agent next year so why not trade for him?

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Why? So a Knick player can consistently make a SC highlight, albeit on the receiving end? O'neal, unfortunately for him, is past his prime. And while Boozer might look like a step up from Lee, I don't think either do enough themselves to attract big time FAs.

I think he was alluding to the fact that J O"neal contract is coming off the books at the end of the season

mia would never do that. they took oneal for the sole reason that his contract is expiring. they're getting cap space for the same reason we are.
i do like that imaginative thinking though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom