Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by THE GR8

laugh.gif
at the title... its ok say what you want. But i am telling you AI is still a beast and he will go OFF this season. Maybe its AI being my favorite player this decade, but i refuse to believe he is done for. Dude is hungry and averaged 25 ppg just 2 seasons ago. He was in a bad spot last season but he would off in our system. For one year he would be well worth the investment, and imo he would have possibly taken us to the playoffs. You can quote me on it, but i am telling you by the end of the season we will regret not signing AI for this season. My man is HUNGRY.
pimp.gif

in other news we signed Gabe Pruitt... yay most exciting day of this offseason
laugh.gif
I don't understand your thinking. He needs the ball to be a star player, which in turn takes the ball out of the hands of our young talent. Weneed to focus on gallo,chandler, and inflating curry's numbers. Even if iverson goes off, it's a 1st or 2nd round loss in the playoffs. Nobody is goingto be regretting not getting an out of prime ballhog. The 2001-2007 knicks would have signed A,I. to a damn 3 year 30 million dollar contract.

???

I said he needs the ball to be a star player. Nothing changed except he's gotten older.

oh ok nevermind... by your post you made it seem like there was a difference signing ai before but not now and that was confusing... i still think hes the sameplayer and still in his prime... but hes just older now though...

but anyway i dont know that other guy that signed but he will probably be waived after the preseason... and for some reason i think gabe pruitt is a solidpickup...

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif
at the title... its ok say what you want. But i am telling you AI is still a beast and he will go OFF this season. Maybe its AI being my favorite player this decade, but i refuse to believe he is done for. Dude is hungry and averaged 25 ppg just 2 seasons ago. He was in a bad spot last season but he would off in our system. For one year he would be well worth the investment, and imo he would have possibly taken us to the playoffs. You can quote me on it, but i am telling you by the end of the season we will regret not signing AI for this season. My man is HUNGRY.
pimp.gif

in other news we signed Gabe Pruitt... yay most exciting day of this offseason
laugh.gif
I don't understand your thinking. He needs the ball to be a star player, which in turn takes the ball out of the hands of our young talent. We need to focus on gallo,chandler, and inflating curry's numbers. Even if iverson goes off, it's a 1st or 2nd round loss in the playoffs. Nobody is going to be regretting not getting an out of prime ballhog. The 2001-2007 knicks would have signed A,I. to a damn 3 year 30 million dollar contract.
ok so youre saying you wouldnt take a 1st or 2nd round loss? Are you kidding me i would kill for that this season we dont have any draft picks andit would be great for our young talent to smell postseason bball. Just because our young guys wouldnt be featured as #1s doesnt mean they wouldnt still beeffective. Will, Gallo, Nate, and Lee along with the rookies are all great don t get me wrong but it would be ideal to have a veteran #1 option to play aroundso all the pressure is not on them. These dudes are good but they cant be #1 scoring ioptions yet. No one on our team has a legit veteran winning history andnobody is a good enough scorer to be a #1 option. AI is hungry as #%@! and its a 1 year investment. He would be perfect for us this season and imo it would bea positive for our young guys rather than being thrown out as our #1 options right away. Let AI lead the team and have the other guys work around him and stillcontribute alot. In this system he would be able to get his shots up and all the young guys are still contributing it just takes some pressure off having astar that could score like AI is and imo it would ake us a better, more functional team and no team would work as hard/ be as hungry as us if we had AI thisseason plus our young guys like Nate and Lee all being aggressive and wanying to prove themselves. Im telling you, we should have went after AI while he wasright there for the taking.

^Okay, lets just PRETEND we did have an first round exit.
unless you're saying to resign him after the year is done, whath appens when he leaves? we'll be back to square one.
i rather let all our youngs learn to play together, help each other out with their needs. they'll be scared to leave the team by themselves, butthey'll get confident, and thats what we want. we want them to develop into leaders.

???

I said he needs the ball to be a star player. Nothing changed except he's gotten older.
ALOT has changed ...... with the zone defense rules and the new hand checking rules ........ AI ....... would struggle to get his shot on a teamw/o shooters or at least players that can create their own shot .......
When you add in that his mid range jumper was shaky at best it doesn't bode well for AI .... also in Detroit he wasn't getting anywhere near the amountof calls he has been accustomed too .... and I don't think it's going to get any better in memphis

Originally Posted by BangDak

^Okay, lets just PRETEND we did have an first round exit.
unless you're saying to resign him after the year is done, whath appens when he leaves? we'll be back to square one.
i rather let all our youngs learn to play together, help each other out with their needs. they'll be scared to leave the team by themselves, but they'll get confident, and thats what we want. we want them to develop into leaders.
What do you mean were back at square one? It works out for both parties. For AI we helped him rejuvinate his career and show hes still a valuablecommodity. And for us we are not back at square one our young guys got a year of playoff experience and they probably improved alot. Just because they are not#1 options do not mean theyre riding the bench they still showed that they can be key contributors on a playoff team. And that will show Lebron and all the2010 FAs that also. We are not at square one cause wed be a playoff team with cap space making NY 10000x more desirable for Lebron than to come to a team witha top 5 worst record in the league not to mention another team would have our draft pick thise season. Our young players could still step up as keycontributors and leaders even when they are not the #1 scoring option you know that right? And right now nobody on this team is capable of being so it is aproblem that has hurt us numerous times last season. It is a problem when the 2 closest players to be considered a legit NBA scoring threat is your 6th man andAl Harrington
laugh.gif

Just throwing it out there whats the difference between getting a veteran like AI one season to try and make a playoff push and going after other vetewrans forcontracts that expire in2010 for the exact same reason such as Grant Hill, Hughes, and Harrington. The only difference is that AI is 10x better than any ofthose scrubs and could actually potentially take us to the playoffs thise season which has been said numerous times by players/coaches/donnie to be our #1goal.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I still don't get why we didn't sign Sessions. Absolutely disgusts me.
agreed with that as well. Hed be great here i think we were a little too non-aggressive with him. Theres like a fair medium

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by xblker47

great night at the garden
pimp.gif
you took pics?
my ears are still ringing
laugh.gif
looks like i'm a little deaf for this weekend

A video or two on my phone but thats about it, got the shirt they were sellin
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I guess ill see ya again either when Kanye plays the garden or Lebron comes to town in November

Jeter > JayZ sounds about right. and why is it that everyone has hovs album like 2weeks ago? every store in manhatten is playin da album? Bootleggin FTW
roll.gif

alright thread title change

answer that question
laugh.gif

Jeter breaking Lou Gherig's record

Jordan being inducted into the basketball hall of fame

Jay-Z's 9/11 Charity concert

Jeter> jayz < Jordan lol

jeter = success
jordan = success
jayZ = fail(people where profiting off what should have been a 50$ ticket for fans but ended up being sold for 3000$ by people that got their tickets early)
laugh.gif

only built for cubin linx 2 > blueprint 3

by a large margin...
QFT

and it aint even close
pimp.gif
for real, I was beyond shocked when i heard ob4cl 2. First cd I will actually purchase in maybe 4 years

Probably Jeter because Jordan & Hov I could always watch on reply. You can only witness history once while it happen, watching a replay of Jetersaccomplishment live isn't the same as a rerun

By HOWARD BECK

Published: September 13, 2009

The Knicks, searching for more size in the backcourt, have signed Sun Yue, a 6-foot-9 point guard, to apartly guaranteed contract, his agent, Charles Bonsignore, said. Sun spent last season as a reserve for the Los Angeles Lakers, who drafted him in the second round in 2007. The Knicks signed two other playersto partly guaranteed deals: point guard Gabe Pruitt, who spent the last two seasons with Boston; and forward Warren Carter, who played overseas the last twoyears. All three will be invited to training camp, which begins Sept. 29 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

Sun yue @ 6'9 would probably be able to guard 4 positions in dantoni's rotations, he probably already better than jeffries
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom