Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Sep 08, 2009 7:41 AM EST

Szczerbiak_Wally_cle.jpg
The Knicks have an open roster spot and Wally Szczerbiak is still unsigned.

Szczerbiak has been linked to the Nuggets this offseason, but nothing appears imminent between the forward and Denver.

Alan Hahn of Newsday believes that the Knicks could get Szczerbiak for the bi-annual exception ($1.9 million), which would be good value for a veteran of his caliber.

Szczerbiak is a native of Long Island, which might make New York an enticing destination.
eyes.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/
Courtesy of Isola:
lebron-james-300x344.jpg

"…Speaking of which, the latest LeBron to the Knicks rumor I've heard is that Cablevision - which owns the Knicks but not the Daily News - will circumvent the salary cap by giving LeBron his own channel. I don't know exactly how that will work but that's what I've heard.

As of today, I say there is a 90 percent chance LeBron is coming to New York … and 100 percent chance that I won't be watching the LeBron channel…"

"If you give us 23 on the jersey, we'll give you the world…"

The question now becomes what would that channel entice? In fact, my marketing brain tells me a Lebron reality show would be worth zillions and I'm sure fans would eat it up.

No truth to the rumor that the Charles Oakley cooking show would make it on Lebron- TV, (even though I liked it) but in fairness, LB-TV with NY marketing dollars could be pretty serious.
I'm sure a reality show would be part of it, and he'd get a huge piece of the total revenue from what would be his network, and as Andrew Smith points out, it would have to be separate from his playing contract and occur down the road…

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that's mad funny. Honestly I've been thinking that it will take sonething real shady to land lebron with the cap going down. I just wanted to give dudemoney under the table, but in the internet age it's impossible to do without being caught. So this seems like the next best thing. I still want to find away to give curry money to opt out.

I like lebron, but I'd much rather watch oak cook.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by BangDak

pat. jr > that bum.

Can't touch a basketball until January.

Should have signed him last year...I never understood how Roberson, Crawford, and freaking Cheikh Samb got looks but now Pat after how he played in the preseason.
What happened this time?
He had surgery on the same knee he injured playing in the D-League last year. He re-injured it with the Knicks this summer. When he returnshe's probably headed back to Reno and looking to catch on with an NBA team towards the end of the season.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Darko going for 15 and 10 this year.

Book it.
You already know
pimp.gif
. Darko is the toughest big we got andalways plays with a chip. We need that interior defense cuz dlee and curry ain't doing nothing. I see darko beasting in dantoni's system.

You mean a chip like a championship or a chip as in a chip on his shoulder? Because I've never seen him play with the latter before
laugh.gif

when Darko is the only one on your team with championship experience, you know there's a problem with your team
laugh.gif

One would have to define "experience" when speaking about Darko's ring. I think he logged 4 minutes in the finals.........maybe.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

One would have to define "experience" when speaking about Darko's ring. I think he logged 4 minutes in the finals.........maybe.
exactly what I meant
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SEAN C0MBS

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/
Courtesy of Isola:
lebron-james-300x344.jpg

"…Speaking of which, the latest LeBron to the Knicks rumor I've heard is that Cablevision - which owns the Knicks but not the Daily News - will circumvent the salary cap by giving LeBron his own channel. I don't know exactly how that will work but that's what I've heard.

As of today, I say there is a 90 percent chance LeBron is coming to New York … and 100 percent chance that I won't be watching the LeBron channel…"

"If you give us 23 on the jersey, we'll give you the world…"

The question now becomes what would that channel entice? In fact, my marketing brain tells me a Lebron reality show would be worth zillions and I'm sure fans would eat it up.

No truth to the rumor that the Charles Oakley cooking show would make it on Lebron- TV, (even though I liked it) but in fairness, LB-TV with NY marketing dollars could be pretty serious.
I'm sure a reality show would be part of it, and he'd get a huge piece of the total revenue from what would be his network, and as Andrew Smith points out, it would have to be separate from his playing contract and occur down the road…

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I've always had ideas like this to circumvent the cap. If you're a billionaire that owns the team, an extra 20 mill out your pocket indisguise is nothing, the team is not your primary source of income, it's almost just a hobby and you want them to win, so do it.

pat. jr > that bum.

Should have signed him last year...I never understood how Roberson, Crawford, and freaking Cheikh Samb got looks but now Pat after how he played in the preseason.
What happened this time?
He had surgery on the same knee he injured playing in the D-League last year. He re-injured it with the Knicks this summer. When he returns he's probably headed back to Reno and looking to catch on with an NBA team towards the end of the season.

This guy can't catch a break.

pat. jr > that bum.

What happened this time?
He had surgery on the same knee he injured playing in the D-League last year. He re-injured it with the Knicks this summer. When he returns he's probably headed back to Reno and looking to catch on with an NBA team towards the end of the season.

This guy can't catch a break.

Because he wants so bad to be affiliated with the Knicks...the curse of their franchise has gotten to him. He shoulda took the offer to play with the IowaD-League teams because the Bulls wanted to give him a look and that's their farm team. That spot eventually went to Linton Johnson.

quote me on this please...

By the end of the season the New York Knicks will highly regret not signing an extremely hungry AI for 1 season when he was right out there for the taking.

He would have come in right away and fill that spot at the 2 as well as becoming our only true prolific and consistent scoring threat, and he would also be oneof our only players with a winning history all while he is playing with that deadly chip on his shoulder and we all know how well he plays with that.

on another note we just signed that dude Warren Carter from our summer league team... anybody care? Personally i think he was a chuck in summer league andthere are wayy better players out thee to sign, I doubt he makes the 15 man roster... anybody care??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

quote me on this please...

By the end of the season the New York Knicks will highly regret not signing an extremely hungry AI for 1 season when he was right out there for the taking.

He would have come in right away and fill that spot at the 2 as well as becoming our only true prolific and consistent scoring threat, and he would also be one of our only players with a winning history all while he is playing with that deadly chip on his shoulder and we all know how well he plays with that.

on another note we just signed that dude Warren Carter from our summer league team... anybody care? Personally i think he was a chuck in summer league and there are wayy better players out thee to sign, I doubt he makes the 15 man roster... anybody care??
laugh.gif

I dont see why the Knicks or any true fan would regret not signing AI? The Knicks will still be in a good position for the Summer of 2010 and right now thatalong with development of our young players is ALL that matters! I may be in the minority but the Knicks have done the right thing this off-season in notmaking a splash or move JUST to make one.

laugh.gif
at the title... its ok say what you want. But i am telling you AI isstill a beast and he will go OFF this season. Maybe its AI being my favorite player this decade, but i refuse to believe he is done for. Dude is hungry andaveraged 25 ppg just 2 seasons ago. He was in a bad spot last season but he would off in our system. For one year he would be well worth the investment, andimo he would have possibly taken us to the playoffs. You can quote me on it, but i am telling you by the end ofthe season we will regret not signing AI for this season. My man is HUNGRY.
pimp.gif

in other news we signed Gabe Pruitt... yay most exciting day of this offseason
laugh.gif

New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that free agent guard Gabe Pruitt has been signed to a contract.Hmmmm.. Playoffs?

I would have never thought in a million years back in their college days...that Ramon Sessions would become a potential high caliber NBA point guard and GabePruitt would be buns.

Back
Top Bottom