Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

lee is going to sign with us at the end of the day so he needs to stop being a baby. no one is offering him anything or else he would have signed to a teamalready. and yea you guys are right, he will probably be packaged away by the trade deadline

it's almost gonna be September and we still haven't signed our own free agents
laugh.gif
smh.gif

[h2]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Jackson-wants-out-of-Golden-State?urn=nba,185890[/h2]
[h2]Jackson wants out of Golden State[/h2]
By Yahoo! Sports

Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson told Dime Magazine on Friday that he wants to be traded. His preferred destination: "Either Cleveland, anywhere in Texas or out here with Al [Harrington] in New York."

Jackson, who received a three-year contract extension from the Warriors last season, said the team knows of his wish to leave. He evidently doesn't think Golden State is close enough to becoming a contender.

"I really can't get too much into it right now, but I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.

Source: Dime Magazine

http://dimemag.com/2009/08/breaking-news-stephen-jackson-wants-out-of-golden-state/

Originally Posted by you big dummy

[h2]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Jackson-wants-out-of-Golden-State?urn=nba,185890[/h2]
[h2]Jackson wants out of Golden State[/h2]
By Yahoo! Sports

Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson told Dime Magazine on Friday that he wants to be traded. His preferred destination: "Either Cleveland, anywhere in Texas or out here with Al [Harrington] in New York."

Jackson, who received a three-year contract extension from the Warriors last season, said the team knows of his wish to leave. He evidently doesn't think Golden State is close enough to becoming a contender.

"I really can't get too much into it right now, but I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.

Source: Dime Magazine

http://dimemag.com/2009/08/breaking-news-stephen-jackson-wants-out-of-golden-state/

No Thanks

i'll take jackson, he brings toughness and defense. I just dont like his attitude, but he'll be with his good friend harrington and dantoni can changehis demeanor. jackson+curry for chandler+eddy curry........

You're insane. Warrior fans would howl with laughter if the Knicks took Capt Jack off their hands.

Have you seen his contract?!?!

^exactly. dudes would be clowning us saying donnie walsh is the new zeke.
if you do jefferies+curry+hughes for sjax+AR, you got yourselves a deal.

So, I know this trade might not ever happen, but we can try it. The Rockets need a Center and if Curry can lose some weight, then they might be interested.

2q0syfp.png

^could see this happening at the trade deadline especially if T-Mac get's hurt again but most likely the Knicks are going to have to throw in eitherRobinson, Chandler or Lee

I looked through every teams salary cap and I don't see many option for us. The Rockets seem to be the only team besides the Heat that would take Curry andJefferies
laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind giving up Nate or Lee at this point. Hell, I don't mind giving up Chandler either. We can always sign him after his contract expires atthe end of the season.

listen if curry starts beasting then there will be callers. It's hard to come by a center. One of the problems is that all the contending teams have one.

Originally Posted by DubA169

listen if curry starts beasting then there will be callers. It's hard to come by a center. One of the problems is that all the contending teams have one.
Curry doesnt beast nor will he ever. I have MAYBE seen him play a good all around game twice in his NBA career. He is garbage and we need to ridourselves of him at all costs

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Curry doesnt beast nor will he ever. I have MAYBE seen him play a good all around game twice in his NBA career. He is garbage and we need to rid ourselves of him at all costs
stretch
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Curry doesnt beast nor will he ever. I have MAYBE seen him play a good all around game twice in his NBA career. He is garbage and we need to rid ourselves of him at all costs
stretch
grin.gif
Thats the problem in here, its really not. People get so blinded by that one season he averaged 19 ppg, that they forget he was our entireoffense. Hense why we didnt win. We didnt run plays we just dumped it intop Curry and watched. Isiah was a 1000x worse coach than a GM. He would always getover obsessed with utilizing one player whether it was Marbury than Curry and than Crawford, that we wouldnt run plays. Curry could NEVER put up even close tonumbers like that on a winning team let alone a team that has an actual system.

But beyond that people were so blinded that season by his fluke PPG average that they would just forget how inept he was EVERYWHERE else. For a center he wasjust a turnover machine, whenever the double teams came he got exposed, hed either force up a terrible shot, barrel into a guy for a charge, or just turn itover. Beyond that he has never EVER played defense. Nor as he ever hustled for a boad or boxed out. So while he is putting up fluke scoring #s on one side, itdoes not even CLOSE to make up for his other liabilities, let alone the fact that the scoring wouldnt even be there in a real system. This is why i have said ihave maybe seen him play one or 2 good all around game. The only game i can remember of recent memory was that Milwaukee game when he went off and i rememberedhe had a few nice defensive plays as well.

But Curry has never beasted, he put up #s in a fluke system which blindfolded people from his rediculously terrible tunover, rebound, and block numbers. So weshould stop say "I hope Curry beasts like he used to" cause i said it than and ill say it again now, he wont, he cant, he never has. Is it anysuprise that he has fallen off completely opnce Zeke is gone and we actually play a game in an organized system with ball movement????
nerd.gif
smh.gif

I'd take Capt Jack. He's won before, and his off court trouble get amplified to extreme volumes. The Knicks need some toughness. I can see Capt Jackchillin in the Bronx on Jerome Ave, with a blunt.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I'd take Capt Jack. He's won before, and his off court trouble get amplified to extreme volumes. The Knicks need some toughness. I can see Capt Jack chillin in the Bronx on Jerome Ave, with a blunt.
I mean i like SJax too but cmon people. Lets not tun into Isiah. Have you looked at homeboys salary? There is a reason we gave up dudes likeCrawford and Z Bo for nothing. We wont even sign Sessions for long term if its too much $. SJax's contract is just as bad as Jamals and it goes on wellbeyond 2010. There is 0 way we will go after him, havent yall been [paying attention to what were trying to do at all? The fact that his name is even beingbrought up is ridic. I like SJax but getting him would mean giving up on 2010, which just isnt gonna happen, unless theyll take a straight up deal for Curry
laugh.gif
Basically SJax aint coming to NY

^obviously g8....
who in the hell would take jackson for expirings, except dallas because he might that missing piece to take them over the top.
reach, but its an possibility..

The Portland Situation

An earlier report noted that the Blazers were sure that the Knicks would match any offer to Lee, hence why GM Kevin Pritchard decided not to attempt to signLee to an offer sheet, yet from what I'm hearing out in P-Town, that wasn't the case. That said, a source confirms relative interest between both theKnicks and Blazers regarding a
David Lee sign and trade.

In the beginning of the summer, the Blazers target was Andre Miller an upgrade and veteran leader the team desperately lacked at the point guard position. Thatwas until it appeared that Hedo Turkoglu could be had. My source tells me that the team felt Turkoglu, coming off an impressive playoff, became attractivebecause of his "perimeter length," which has become a trend in the NBA these days.

Regarding Lee, the team was and is interested in a sign and trade, but was never interested in an offer sheet because, after Turkoglu headed north to Toronto,the team knew it could get Miller at a reasonable price. In fact, as much as Donnie Walsh is lauded for his patience, the Blazers feel that waiting out Millerwas equally savvy business, feel they played their cards right and significantly upgraded at the point.

Which is to say the Blazers were never in a position to offer Lee and if they did, one would really have to wonder if the Knicks would have matched knowingwhat we know about 2010.

And yes, Travis Outlaw would certainly be involved in any deal, along with Steve Blake.
Like Hahn said, Walsh would be wise to hold out for Rudy Fernandez, who was incensed that the team was courting Turkoglu, but now seems to be okay. Rudy is anabsolute fan favorite, and the Blazers are unwilling to move him because of that and especially if they are primed to offer LaMarcus Aldridge a contractextension. But where does Rudy fit? With Miller there now and Brandon Roy there long term, the starting back court seems set. Plus the team has plenty investedin Martell Webster and I'm hearing second-year man Jerryd Bayless "is not available."

It will be interesting to see what happens as Portland is a fit for a sign and trade, but unless the Blazers are willing to move a 2010 draft pick along withBlake and Outlaw, or include Fernandez, who would thrive under Mike D'Antoni and fit the bill at the two position, a sign and trade for Lee seems unlikely.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^obviously g8....
who in the hell would take jackson for expirings, except dallas because he might that missing piece to take them over the top.
reach, but its an possibility..
how the $!%* is it even a possibility? Why in the world would we take on a guy making 10+ mil well beyond 2010 at this point? Why do you think wetraded every player (except for Curry) who fits in that category. It is not a reach it is just not happening. A more likely location is a team not worriedabout next summers free agency or a contender kind of team looking for another guy to help them out. Aint no way Donnie will take him here, although i dobelieve he drafted him with the Pacers. Like i said he would be a good fit to start at the 2 he would fit in well and he plays D. But D Walsh aint taking on acontract like that right now, nor should he, especially considering the fact that Jackson is 31

first of all, i was talking about dallas.
jackson's d is overrated, and does jack up too many shots, but you're really tripping if you wouldnt do a curry+jefferies for him+AR.
AR is a perfect point foward who has so much potential, and is STILL growing. i believe hes listing at 7/7'2 right now?
AND Jackson is def. an upgrade over hughes+any other bum not named chandler/gallo.

Originally Posted by BangDak

first of all, i was talking about dallas.
jackson's d is overrated, and does jack up too many shots, but you're really tripping if you wouldnt do a curry+jefferies for him+AR.
AR is a perfect point foward who has so much potential, and is STILL growing. i believe hes listing at 7/7'2 right now?
AND Jackson is def. an upgrade over hughes+any other bum not named chandler/gallo.

roll.gif
why the hell would Golden State get rid of Anthony Randolph to take backnon expiring contracts in Curry and Jefferies???? What makes you even think they would trade Anthony Randolph?

Back
Top Bottom