Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

2.5 is borderline disrespectful but Donnie is sticking to his guns ... David just has to do the same thung.

Can't be mad at either party.

Business is business.

I appreciate Lee's hardwork and dedication though. Wish there was someway we could keep him without messing up the plans.

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Originally Posted by Proshares

Let him sit out, I'm getting sick of him and his bull +###.

And nothing is definite on Rubio staying overseas as yet.

Are u kiddin the Knicks are screwin both Nate and Lee here the only bs is from Walsh.

Nate and Lee couldnt have done more for tha franchise since theyve been there Nate has been a spark off tha bench and improved every year even giving up his summers to play for the summer team how much more commitment do the Knicks need from a player.

As for Lee hes become a diamond in tha rough a solid workhorse player rebounding great ,put backs and solid d and the Knicks reward his hard work by doin this crap its stupid,guys like David Lee dont come around often u need a player like him in a contending team hes a Haslem,Wallace blue collar guy who does alot of lil things to help.

This plan for 2010 is like putting ya life savings on tha lottery its crazy.

Do u really think players who can sign for the Knicks in 2010 wouldnt be put off by tha fact of how badly they reward there players for hard work and dedication to there team to me all this summer has done is made it obviouse the Knicks would screw everybody just to have mad cap space for 2010.

I cant wait untill nobody big signs for them next summer and all u die hard Knicks fans are callin for Donnie Walsh's head for running the franchise even further into tha ground If u think things couldnt get any worse than recent times wait till next year because it quite possibly could.

Peace
Scottie

Nate I can see your point a little bit but no way with Lee. Lee is definitely not a diamond in the rough. A good, solid player? Yes. Players like him comearound more often than you think. You need these type of players to win championships, yes, but you tell me are you willing to pay David Lee (who has probablyhit or is very near his ceiling) between $10-12 million over 4 years? That's what he wants and I'm with Walsh for not giving him that contract. TheKnicks are not screwing their players, they are offering them EXACTLY what they'd get on the open market. You see any other teams ponying up what Nate andLee are demanding in free agency? Why do you think that they're not? Keep pricing yourself out. If Nate and Lee had any sense, they'd take theQO's, play this year and prove last year was no fluke for either and they'd get their money next offseason whether it be from the Knicks or fromanother team.

Donnie is playing the market as he should, Nate and Lee need to just get over it. Y'all might hae put up decent numbers but your squad still sucked so justtake the money your being offered and sit down.

does anybody think we have should have kept zach r.

great shooter for a big man and gives u a double double every night

Can't blame D. Walsh. Its refreshing to see the front office be frugal with the money. I think D. Lee and N. Robinson will re-sign.

this guy did not just asked if we should have kept zbo right....?
roll.gif
roll.gif

what's the real point about being frugal when we are talking about one year deals? We can give lee 5 mil for one year without blinking. I think this justmakes players look at the organization and realize that they never want to come here.

Originally Posted by BangDak

this guy did not just asked if we should have kept zbo right....?
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
forreal. Dude forgot to mention that he is a selfish ball hog who plays no D and has no IQ and you cant win for him, AND in addition to allthat, he makes over $17 mil PAST 2010
eek.gif
sick.gif

I'm through with David Lee. If you don't want to pay him, that's cool, but how about we work out a sign and trade? Maybe get some young talent ordraft picks back.

From the looks of it I predict this lineup and rotation on opening night and I think nate will be back for the QO but dlee will be gone.

pg: duhon
sg: hughes
sf: wilson
pf: harrington
c: darko

Bench depth of nate, rooster, curry
smh.gif
, jhill, tdouglas

Hughes and harrington is in their contract years also so you never know. I do remember hughes playing decent on ball defense for us when he arrived.

That looks like a pretty decent starting line sans Darko.

1) roflgalapagos at mentioning Z-bo
roll.gif

2) I can't be mad at D. Lee. As my favorite current Knick, it sucks to see this situation pan out the way it is, but we must understand that these NBAplayers live inflated lifestyles, and 2.5 mil is weaksauce to a guy who led the league in double doubles.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

From the looks of it I predict this lineup and rotation on opening night and I think nate will be back for the QO but dlee will be gone.

smh.gif
, jhill, tdouglas

8th seed in the playoffs
grin.gif
pimp.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by xblker47

Originally Posted by Woodside718

smh.gif
, jhill, tdouglas

8th seed in the playoffs
pimp.gif
look i fixed it for ya

Originally Posted by bigred11220

Agreed. And although small, a backcourt of stevie franchise and starbury would be quite potent and explosive
pimp.gif

Imagine a small ball 3-guard lineup of starbury, franchise, and penny
eek.gif

Also, jalen rose would have been nice for that Chandler kid to sit back and improve through observing a veteran superstar.

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

bigred11220 wrote:

Agreed. And although small, a backcourt of stevie franchise and starbury would be quite potent and explosive
pimp.gif

Imagine a small ball 3-guard lineup of starbury, franchise, and penny
eek.gif

Also, jalen rose would have been nice for that Chandler kid to sit back and improve through observing a veteran superstar.

Please tell me 2/3 of that reply was sarcasm. If not, go sit in a corner until you learn what a horrible backcourt Steph and Francis could havebeen and were (particularly Francis).

Do you guys think we are trying to low ball david lee so we can package him? Imagine a contending team obtaining david lee and curry and only having to pay 2.5mil for david lee. This makes taking cheeseburger eddie's contract much easier to swallow.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Do you guys think we are trying to low ball david lee so we can package him? Imagine a contending team obtaining david lee and curry and only having to pay 2.5 mil for david lee. This makes taking cheeseburger eddie's contract much easier to swallow.
(tec 9 from malibu's most wanted) i guess i aint neva thought of it like that (tec 9 from malibu's most wanted)

yeah I was drunk last night with some people and at some point it came up. I don't know why I never realized that's what probably is happening.continental(5 shots 10 dollars) FTW

taking shots to 2010
smh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Do you guys think we are trying to low ball david lee so we can package him? Imagine a contending team obtaining david lee and curry and only having to pay 2.5 mil for david lee. This makes taking cheeseburger eddie's contract much easier to swallow.
maybe im drunk right now, but thats #@*@+% genius. imagine like the magic or some %@%# getting lee and paying him that little?! curryas contractexpires in only 2 years so for a team like that, getting the league leader in double doubles fot THAT price may be worth taking fat boy
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom