Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

I'd give up Chandler for Rubio. Knicks have done worse and at least have the opportunity to grow with Rubio.

There's a tournament that started yesterday going on in Spain over these next 4 days so it's not a coincidence Kahn is out there doing the dirty workfor Donny.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

People don't mess with Nate forreal though? Why?

Is that story true about him trying to fight Malik Rose in the shower? LOL
eek.gif
when was this?
laugh.gif

For any Knick fan interested:

Originally Posted by CP1708

bonafide125 wrote:
Can somebody explain to me what this draft you guys are doing is?

NBA league wide draft. All players are open again, as we were re-starting the NBA. For instance, the first pick will either be LeBron, or Kobe, or Wade, or Oden, whatever, and you're basically trying to fill out your 12 man team, much like building a true NBA roster. So you don't want to be drafting Chris Paul, Deron Williams, D Rose, and Baron Davis, cuz that might not work out well for your team.
laugh.gif

It won't be for any money, or any points, or fantasy stuff or any of that, just something NBA related for us to do during the offseason.

Once JA gets everything in order the way he likes, he will start a brand new thread, and all the activity will be handled in there. This is just to gauge people's interest and recruit owners.......

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Yeah, I think Devan George was in the same situation too when he was with the Mavs.
i think george had a no trade clause in his contract which he exercised to block the trade.

Originally Posted by Proshares

For any Knick fan interested:

Originally Posted by CP1708

bonafide125 wrote:
Can somebody explain to me what this draft you guys are doing is?

NBA league wide draft. All players are open again, as we were re-starting the NBA. For instance, the first pick will either be LeBron, or Kobe, or Wade, or Oden, whatever, and you're basically trying to fill out your 12 man team, much like building a true NBA roster. So you don't want to be drafting Chris Paul, Deron Williams, D Rose, and Baron Davis, cuz that might not work out well for your team.
laugh.gif

It won't be for any money, or any points, or fantasy stuff or any of that, just something NBA related for us to do during the offseason.

Once JA gets everything in order the way he likes, he will start a brand new thread, and all the activity will be handled in there. This is just to gauge people's interest and recruit owners.......

id definitley be interested where is this?

eek.gif

ive been checking this thread, realgm.com and nba.com almost everyday this offseason,
and nothing is happening.....

come on donnie....
tired.gif

This just popped into my head (pause)... If the Knicks don't get Sessions, would you trade Duhon for Skip?

He also only has one year on his deal. Plus he always wants to start and there is no way he's starting over Devin Harris. He's definitely and upgradeover Duhon and would probably be decent in the Knicks offense (a pass first guy with playground instincts AND plays defense).

If they could make it Duhon + Jeffries for Skip, Yi & Trenton Hassell (another expiring) it would free up a little more money for next year.

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

This just popped into my head (pause)... If the Knicks don't get Sessions, would you trade Duhon for Skip?

He also only has one year on his deal. Plus he always wants to start and there is no way he's starting over Devin Harris. He's definitely and upgrade over Duhon and would probably be decent in the Knicks offense (a pass first guy with playground instincts AND plays defense).

If they could make it Duhon + Jeffries for Skip, Yi & Trenton Hassell (another expiring) it would free up a little more money for next year.
Yeah, that trade would never happen... The Nets aren't going to give us Yi. Maybe if it was Duhon+Jeffries for Skip and Hassell then yeah, buteven then I still don't like it.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

He also only has one year on his deal. Plus he always wants to start and there is no way he's starting over Devin Harris. He's definitely and upgrade over Duhon and would probably be decent in the Knicks offense (a pass first guy with playground instincts AND plays defense).

Yeah, that trade would never happen... The Nets aren't going to give us Yi. Maybe if it was Duhon+Jeffries for Skip and Hassell then yeah, but even then I still don't like it.
Are you serious? Getting a NY kid who is an expiring contract and was good enough to start for the Magic throughout the majority of the playoffsand do well + get rid of Jeffries for another expiring?? What the ++%@ would be the downside to that? Even if you were EXTREMELY high on Duhon its clear thatthe next season is all about cap space and even if you were THAT high on duhon the best you can possibly think he is isa little better than Skip (i like Skip better than Duhon straight up), but i mean please explain why in the world you wouldnt like that deal? And ++%@ Yi. ihate that soft #$! @!@!% i like the trade better without him, we dont need more soft #$! scrubs

lets be realistic. nets arnt giving up on yi, ANYTIME soon. and yi may have been soft in the past, but dude is not soft now. trust me.
and i would love skip, just because he attended my high school
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

oh, and one more thing. why would the nets make a deal with us?
back to reality folks!

Originally Posted by BangDak

lets be realistic. nets arnt giving up on yi, ANYTIME soon. and yi may have been soft in the past, but dude is not soft now. trust me.
and i would love skip, just because he attended my high school
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

oh, and one more thing. why would the nets make a deal with us?
back to reality folks!
I agree 100% i doubt the Nets would EVER do that deal, even without Yi, and take back that contract in Jeffires. ESPECIALLY cause they not reallygetting much gain (if any) and just like us the Swamprat neighbors of ours are hopelessly hoping to achieve something in 2010 (although i wouldnt call us ashopeless, because lets be real, BK is falling apart and what big name Free Agent wants to play in a Swamp and call Izod Center their home
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
)

All i was saying is that, if it was on the table how the *#@% could anyone have any opposition whatsoever. There is little value being dealt with, whether youcan argure Duhon or Skip idc cause in reality both are mediocre PGs (but Skip DID start for most of the playoffs last saeason and performed well so he got thaton Duhon) but thats besides the point cause wed get rid of Jeffries contract. If that trade was there, there would be 0 reason to turn that down. Thats what iwas saying cause the dude before me said he wouldnt take the trade (unless he was saying that the Nets probably wouldnt do it, and if that was the case than myb my dude)
laugh.gif

also......

Yi=

soft
laugh.gif

in other news lets just sign Sessions, give Lee+Nate one years and call it an offseason
wink.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]Timberwolves Still Working On Rubio[/h1]
Minnesota general manager David Kahn has made a second trip to Spain to see what it will take to get Ricky Rubio to the NBA.

As time passes, it's unknown whether or not the Timberwolves will be able to get Rubio out of his contract with DKV Joventut in time for training campin October.

His contract includes a $6.6 million buyout.

The Timberwolves aren't expected to know whether or not they'll have Rubio this season for several weeks.

Via Pioneer

You already know Kahn is over in Spain right now doing the dirty work for Donnie
pimp.gif
, Lets get it Rubio to ny
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Yeah, that trade would never happen... The Nets aren't going to give us Yi. Maybe if it was Duhon+Jeffries for Skip and Hassell then yeah, but even then I still don't like it.
Are you serious? Getting a NY kid who is an expiring contract and was good enough to start for the Magic throughout the majority of the playoffs and do well + get rid of Jeffries for another expiring?? What the ++%@ would be the downside to that? Even if you were EXTREMELY high on Duhon its clear that the next season is all about cap space and even if you were THAT high on duhon the best you can possibly think he is is a little better than Skip (i like Skip better than Duhon straight up), but i mean please explain why in the world you wouldnt like that deal? And ++%@ Yi. i hate that soft #$! @!@!% i like the trade better without him, we dont need more soft #$! scrubs
I was just a little iffy about it because I don't like Rafer. He takes too many bad shots for being in this offense. I also don't see theNets wanting to take on Jefferies contract or give us Yi. I'm all for saving money but it would be nice to field at least a team that could put up a fightlike last year's instead of taking IMO a lesser team.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
so not only are you stealing Yi away, you think that the knicks are going to getrid of Jeffries in the process? Wow
roll.gif
Im sorry but that is the absoluteworst trade proposal I have ever heard.

i mean, they could keep yi if they want. he's a work in progess, and we need to show we can do some damage, NOW.
still dont see this deal going through, either way.

From Hahn:

Source sez Gallo (in Italy now) looks fantastic. Pain-free; fitness level very high. I expect him to be the centerpiece of offense:

Back
Top Bottom