Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

laugh.gif
at Curry weighing 450 lbs

I really cant wait for Curry and Jeffries to be gone

I really still want Sessions, but if we cant get him we BETTER be able to get Nate at least one more year.

A sign and trade for Sessions (which is what i believe Donnie wants) would be ideal.

If we can get Sess and keep Nate for next year Donnie gets a big + in my book

If we lose Sess we better be able to keep Nate and if we lose Nate we better be damn sure that Sessions is coming.

If we lose both... big time L in Donnie's book. imo there is no excuses for that especially cause we can sign Nate for just one year if we want.

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61171/20090817/knicks_could_be_pursuing_rubio/[/h1]
[h1]Knicks Could Be Pursuing Rubio[/h1]
With Minnesota Timberwolves' President David Kahn bound for Spain this week, some feel the trip isn't necessarily to bring Ricky Rubio back to Minnesota.

One insider tells RealGM's Alex Kennedy that Kahn could be working out a scenario where Rubio would be dealt to the New York Knicks.

"The Knicks have closed off negotiations with all free agent point guards until next week. I think they're making a push for Rubio and if that fails, then they'll reopen talks with their other options," says the source.

"Kahn and [Knicks' President] Donnie Walsh are close and New York is looking for a cheap point guard who could help attract free agents next summer. Rubio fits that mold. I think that's what this latest trip to Spain is about, working something out with New York."

The Knicks have been in talks with multiple free agent point guards, most notably Ramon Sessions.

Via Alex Kennedy/RealGM

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61171/20090817/knicks_could_be_pursuing_rubio/#

At this point is it even WORTH speculating/reporting this stuff until something happens?

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61171/20090817/knicks_could_be_pursuing_rubio/[/h1]
[h1]Knicks Could Be Pursuing Rubio[/h1]
With Minnesota Timberwolves' President David Kahn bound for Spain this week, some feel the trip isn't necessarily to bring Ricky Rubio back to Minnesota.

One insider tells RealGM's Alex Kennedy that Kahn could be working out a scenario where Rubio would be dealt to the New York Knicks.

"The Knicks have closed off negotiations with all free agent point guards until next week. I think they're making a push for Rubio and if that fails, then they'll reopen talks with their other options," says the source.

"Kahn and [Knicks' President] Donnie Walsh are close and New York is looking for a cheap point guard who could help attract free agents next summer. Rubio fits that mold. I think that's what this latest trip to Spain is about, working something out with New York."

The Knicks have been in talks with multiple free agent point guards, most notably Ramon Sessions.

Via Alex Kennedy/RealGM

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61171/20090817/knicks_could_be_pursuing_rubio/#

At this point is it even WORTH speculating/reporting this stuff until something happens?

to answer your question... no. This would be a HUGE deal in the beginning of the summer but now i think most people including myself could give a%%%! about anything until it is signed in ink.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

But on Rubio i say go for him. As much as i love Sessions Rubio is younger and posseses star potential, and his rookie contract wont eat alot of space for nextsummer and than when contract time rolls around we can throw the bucks at him cause itd be way passed 2010 and (hopefully) we will be a top ter team.

I would honestly trade anybody on this team fror Rubio. My only request is that we keep Will and Gallo i would give up anything else. But idk if we gonna work!*%@ out cause this is kinda a big circle and itll prob end where it ended when we were negotiationg in early July. We want to keep Will and Gallo and theydont want anybody else from us. Same !*%@ as with Sessions, we want him but we dont want to offer him the full MLE long term. All these rumors just amount tonothing.

But hopefully it may work , like i said id give up anything but Will or Gallo cause Rubio + Will and Gallo on the break would be
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

you got the floor general with Ricky (same !*%@ with Sessions though) you got your athletic slasher in Will who throws down dunks for ally oops, or he can kickit out to Gallo for another tre bomb
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I'm so lost in what's been going on with us. Can someone please fill me in?
-qrich got traded to MIA
-some wrong with HTBs toe
-eddy curry lost some more weight he currently at 450lbs
-and dwight howard broke a world record
roll.gif
@ including this

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ everything actually

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I'm so lost in what's been going on with us. Can someone please fill me in?
-qrich got traded to MIA
-some wrong with HTBs toe
-eddy curry lost some more weight he currently at 450lbs
-and dwight howard broke a world record
roll.gif
@ including this

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ everything actually

laugh.gif
my dude is decomposing slowly not moving all day. Need to start a HTTBRascal fund.

[h2]Lee Talks[/h2]
August 18th, 2009 by Mike Kurylo | Comments | Permalink |

At a basketball camp, David Lee speaks on his contract situation, courtesy of the Lower Hudson Journal News:
"It's been a little frustrating, but my agent came up a couple of weeks ago and we had a meeting with Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni and found out where we were, and the purpose behind what's going on, and it kind of all makes sense to me now," Lee said. "We agreed on what I thought I was worth, so it's not a money issue. What it comes down to is they need their flexibility for the 2010 summer. Whether they can get LeBron or not, they need to have the flexibility to make a run at a guy like that. And that's completely understandable from my standpoint. We're going to continue to work on a few sign-and-trade possibilities; otherwise, we'll continue to work on a one-year-deal."

Very few teams are spending money, so there haven't been any free-agent offers, which the Knicks have the right to match. There was a meeting with Portland in Las Vegas, but there was little common ground.

A sign-and-trade would be extremely difficult since there are strict base-year-compensation rules that could get in the way.

"It has to be something where the Knicks can dump another salary or get another player in return they really want to have around," Lee said. "There's a couple of possibilities out there, and we'll see if those come true, otherwise we'll start talking to the Knicks about what we want to do for a one-year deal."

I think a majority of Knick fans want to see Lee in a long term deal now, but from his words it seems unlikely. Walsh wants the financial freedom for 2010 and if he doesn't sign Lee to a long term deal now, then he's willing to risk losing him as an unrestricted free agent next year to accomplish that goal. It appears that Lee wants to stay in New York, and perhaps things may turn out this way. However Knick fans are likely going to have to wait until next summer to see where he ultimately lands.

if somehow nate and lee both come back on 1 year deals, we have a decent team and depth

duhon. hughes, chandler, harrington, lee

nate, gallo, darko, hill, douglas, curry, jefferies

if darko or *gasp* eddy could man the 5 spot and let dave play the 4 with al coming off the bench (still starters minutes) for scoring purposes, that wouldbe ideal

Originally Posted by DubA169

well if we do end up with a max contract maybe we'll give lee a long term deal
i only see this happening if we get rid of both jeffries and curry. anyone else think harrington is gonna get an extension?

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

It was for a suspended license, not that big of a deal.

Robinson -- whose license was suspended in June for the fifth time -- was driving a vehicle that also was carrying newly drafted New Jersey Nets player Terrence Williams when cops stopped him in The Bronx in the late afternoon.

grin.gif

Don't get me wrong... He got got for some bull !$%# a couple of times.

But damn, letting it creep up to a 5th time just shows irresponsibility and negligence.

In September 2006, Robinson was cited for disobeying a traffic signal in White Plains, NY. After failing to pay the fine, his license was suspended in April 2007, but reinstated a day later when he forked over the $75 fine.

In December 2007, he was ticketed for failing to signal on a Manhattan street, and fined $40.

Within a four-month span in early 2008, Robinson was twice cited for speeding in White Plains, and once for driving without his seat belt on in the same city. The fines in those cases totaled $425.

This past January, in The Bronx, Robinson was ticketed for driving without his seat belt on, and for driving while talking on a cell phone. He was fined a total of $80.

Records show that his license was suspended a whopping four times since June 2008 for failing to pay ticket fines or answer summons, including the most recent suspension, which was issued this past June 23.

This has to be one of the slowest summers for the Knicks. I can probably understand why. No Isiah, this isn't 2010 and there aren't many optionsavailable for us.

smh at nate being arrested

wait, what?

edit: ok, i just saw the following posts, lol

being that he was driving around NYC, it would have been something if he bumped into Marbury driving
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom