Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

From the New York Knicks

The Knicks have announced their preseason schedule, which includes four games at Madison Square Garden and three road games.

The schedule is as follows:

Date; Opponent; Arena; Time

Oct. 4; Nets; Times Union Center, Albany; 2 p.m.

Oct. 9; Celtics; TD Banknorth Garden, Boston; 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 13; 76ers; Madison Square Garden; 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 16; Nets; Madison Square Garden; 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 18; Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv; Madison Square Garden; 1 p.m.

Oct. 20; Celtics; Madison Square Garden; 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 21; Nets; Prudential Center; 7 p.m.

Tickets for the preseason home games at MSG go on sale Thursday, Sept. 3 at 9 a.m. and can be purchased at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, nyknicks.com, (800) 4NBA-TIX, and Ticketmaster outlets.

nice you should post the preseason sched. on the first page.

& i wouldn't mind going to a celtic game. can't wait . .

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I swear the more I think about it the more I would take the Iverson deal. At this point the roster we have now is *@$%!*@ horrible.
its better than last years
grin.gif
Are you just guessing that everyone coming back is better? I'm sorry but I need to see their growth before I comment on it. You're telling me this roster right now is better then last minus Nate or Lee with only the addition of Darko? All you're doing right now is hoping that the young guns like Gallo and Chandler have gotten better, but you never know what might happen. We're a top tier lottery team right now, sorry for being releastic. You have teams in the east like Indy, Toronto, and Washington that have tried to get better. I think the only teams that have taken a step back are the Bobcats and the Bucks. Maybe the Nets but I can see that young core surprising a lot of people. At this point we need to get Iverson before I say we're better then last. I can not see how you think the team we have now is better then last year's.
-nate and lee will wear a knick jersey for atleast another year
-chandler and gallinari will improve
-yes darko/hill/douglas do make us that much better
-eddy curry is gonna beast again and be our starting C sooner or later
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-i doubt we'll be a top tier lottery team (i'm not saying playoffs, but more along the lines of 10th-14th pick) but just realized we dont have a pickthanks to you big dummy but i think we'll fall in that range

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by BangDak

ill take duhon over tj and those bums any day of the week, realtalk.
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

news for you TJ actually played in 74 games last season, and he dropped 15 a game along with over 5 assists. With his quickness he would KILL in our system. Any GM who can seriously say he would take Duhon over TJ Ford (or pretty much any other starting PG in the NBA) is just foolish.

No knock against Duhon as i said over and over again. I like him and all but dude is a ROLE PLAYER

so what the hell is tj? hes nothing but a role player as well. theres damn reason why the raps took jose over tj

^yea because they are stupid
pretty much. and just because another solid PG took over your job does not mean that you are not a capable starter. That is terrible logic. I meanback in the day John Starks lost his starting job to Allan Houston did that make him just a role player? Nah he proved to be the best 6th man in the league andwon 6th man of the year. TJ just found a new team to be a starter with cause Toronto was clearly set with Calderon and numerous teams in the NBa would take TJas a starter cause he is a quality starting PG. Just because he lost his starting job in Toronto does not mean he is a role player. To call TJ ford just a roleplayer is ridiculous he would absolutely wipe the floor with a guy like Duhon who probably would not start on any other team in the league... check thatdefinitely wouldnt start anywhere else.

i was just giving an example.
in no way in hell do i think TJ is a quality starter. dude is so careless with the ball, making dumb decisions so many time.
he needs to mature up.
yes, i still stand by my statement. duhon > tj.

yes, i still stand by my statement. duhon > tj.
grin.gif

I guess we all have opinions but idk how many people or GMs would agree with that statement. I think if Donnie had to choose between pne or the other most ofus would know who hed take
laugh.gif

[h1]WALSH HIGH ON DARKO[/h1]
[h3]By LENN ROBBINS[/h3]

Knicks team president Donnie Walsh isn't in the business ofselling pipe dreams. He knew when he took over a dysfunctional and grossly over-the-cap Knicks franchise that there would be pains the likes of which theOctomom could relate to.

Walsh has diligently worked to get under the salary cap and in doing so, he might have acquired a player who can finally blossom. Darko Milicic was thesecond player taken in the 2003 draft, behind LeBron James and ahead of Carmelo Anthony.

"He was a very skilled player when he was drafted," Walsh said of Milicic before last night's Liberty game, where he was honored as a RuckerPark Pro Legend. "I think the thing that's held him back is he's been thought of as a guy that has to play with his back to the basket. Andeverywhere he's been, people have tried to do that.

"I don't think that will be the case here," Walsh added. "The way [coach] Mike [D'Antoni] plays, the fact that he's a skilled,fairly athletic, long big man who can run the floor and can dribble the ball, shoot the ball, pass the ball, he might fit into this system better. That'swhat I'm hoping."

When asked if Milicic's situation reminded him of other players who have benefited from a change of scenery, Walsh named some of the NBA's best.

"[Steve] Nash to a degree," Walsh said of the Suns point guard who won two MVP trophies. "He was a very good player in Dallas and became theMVP of the league in Phoenix."

Former NBA superstar Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Liberty president Carol Blazejowski, former Knick Cal Ramsey and Rucker Pro League co-founders Bob McCullough Sr.and Fred Crawford also were honored.

[email protected]

Definitely.

TJ is superior in almost every aspect.

Darko did show flashes of potential last season, maybe he can start coming into his own under Mike's system.

It's been a quiet preseason for the Knicks. If NBA free agency were airplanes, restricted free agents David Lee and Nate Robinson are in a holding pattern waiting for the weather to change. And the Milwaukee to New York flight (Ramon Sessions) hasn't gotten off the ground, and may be rerouted to Los Angeles.

So over anxious New Yorkers, like yours truly, are looking for any clue that might shed some light on these events. Nate Robinson is a frequent twitterer, and perhaps he hinted at a Knicks resigning.
Yo twill ill be in nyc on the 17th my dude 8block
1:38 PM Aug 5th from UberTwitter

RT @MikeAdz: @nate_robinson I doubt you read these, but for what it is worth, PLEASE STAY IN NY!!!(Yeah ill be back in nyc dnt worry)
4:36 PM Aug 5th from UberTwitter

For the Twitter-illiterate and the elderly, I'll translate: Robinson is telling his friends he'll be in New York City on the 17th (Monday), and he'll be back playing for the Knicks. Now granted perhaps Nate is just speculating, and perhaps he's coming into New York for another reason. It's certainly possible that nothing will happen in the next few days, especially if Donnie Walsh is waiting out the Ramon Sessions situation. I'll guess we'll find out the answers to these sooner or later.

Boy it is a slow summer.

cant wait for the season to start and especially 11/9 when Dwill comes to town. i went last year but he was injured when they came. anyone know where there aregood bargains for tickets besides stubhub and ebay?

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I'm so lost in what's been going on with us. Can someone please fill me in?
-qrich got traded to MIA
-some wrong with HTBs toe
-eddy curry lost some more weight he currently at 450lbs
-and dwight howard broke a world record

Back
Top Bottom