Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by Al3xis

okay, then why is he still unsigned and only the lac and knicks even showing interest?

im the only one finding this odd?

The more I think about it and read into it, the more I'm leaning towards agreeing with you.

Originally Posted by Proshares

okay, then why is he still unsigned and only the lac and knicks even showing interest?

im the only one finding this odd?
The more I think about it and read into it, the more I'm leaning towards agreeing with you.
Most teams are set in the PG department. LAC has Baron Davis and Bassy at the PG. At best, he'd be the second-team PG. He wants to start andhe pretty much wants the entire MLE.

No other team is going to offer that much for a 2nd (or 3rd) team PG.

New York is the only one willing to give him the MLE AND allow him to be the STARTING PG.

eek.gif
smh.gif
Nate is changing his # no matter where he plays next season... Theonly authentic i own for a current Knicks player. Oh well
tired.gif

Nate Robinson does not yet have a team for the 2009-2010 season, and even if he does return to the New York Knicks expect to see him in a new jersey number.

Robinson informed his fanbase via twitter that he will be changing from #4 to #2 next season. The jersey was the first number Robinson wore, and is also the jersey worn by Deion Sanders, who was Robinson's favorite player growing up.
dc915eeaaec5195fd550a5630bdef46c355e56a.jpg

a3615be0a8ce10574b4208bf6dd39a0e72436ca.jpg

maybe he should just go back to...

11d35e59e0e6ab64ca9c13b756d7f46d6326045.jpg

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Well Baron is a pretty injury prone starter so take him for what he's worth. Who's behind him? Telfair? Mardy? They're thin as hell at PG. Detroit(even though they can't offer him the ML) is definitely not set at PG, unless you're on of the very few sold on Stuckey. GS, HOU, IND, Memphis all notset at the PG position. I'm sure there's other teams I'm missing.

^^

Golden State just drafted Steph Curry and have already made it clear that they like Monta as the teams PG of the future (i dont know why cause imo hr is moreof a 2 as well as Curry although Curry wont be able to defend %$%% at the 2 but thats Nellie) basiclly they not about to go out and sign ANOTHER guardespecially after just aquiring Acie Law and Speedy claxton in the Crawford trade.

Houston is 100% sold on Aaron Brooks at the point. Son had a huge playoffs and he will be the starter this season, count on that. Also if you remember theyjust handed out the MLE to Ariza so count them out.

Indiana just signed Earl Watson as a abackup and still have TJ Ford on their roster who is their starter.

Memphis is sold on Conley as a starter for now, and even if they werent they would probably try an upgrade through the draft, not go out and sign a starter forthe MLE who was a 2nd round pick the year Conley went top 5. If they wanted a PG upgrade they woulda taken Rubio or Flynn

None of those teams fit as possible destinations for Sessions, anyone else??

Well Baron is a pretty injury prone starter so take him for what he's worth. Who's behind him? Telfair? Mardy? They're thin as hell at PG.
so having Baron Davis who has averaged 17 and 7 for his career, Sebastian Telfair who averaged 10 and 5 last year and Mardy is thin as hell at PG? Really?

Detroit (even though they can't offer him the ML) is definitely not set at PG, unless you're on of the very few sold on
I agree Detroit could use him, but I dont believe they have their MLE
GS, HOU, IND, Memphis all not set at the PG position. I'm sure there's other teams I'm missing.
Memphis has Conley, who may not be their franchise PG, but I dont think they are ready to give up on him. Houston used their MLE on Ariza. Golden State is too busy making stupid $!% trades like Marco Belinelli for Devan George
laugh.gif
and I assume they are going to try to play Curry or Ellis at the Point, andhave Acie Law and Claxton coming off the bench. Indiana wont go after him because hes not white and like the Bucks they are cheap as hell.

if sessions isn't looked as better options than those guys then....?

a rising 22 year old pg, should have some more interest if he is indeed as good as some think.

he's a nice player, but we can live without him

and why are people getting upset about bringing in stack, jwill, hudson, etc to work out?

they aren't being signed in the end. what harm does it do to see what is out there?

I would like for Memphis to go after Sessions, but it won't happen because it would be a threat to Conley's development. If he's only asking forthe MLE, I would sign him to have a 1-2 punch with Conley and Sessions. But, thats one team you don't have to worry about signing him, plus Conley willhave a good year this season anyway.

a rising 22 year old pg, should have some more interest if he is indeed as good as some think.

and why are people getting upset about bringing in stack, jwill, hudson, etc to work out?

they aren't being signed in the end. what harm does it do to see what is out there?

the question has never been whether he is a better option, the question has always been whether or not teams want to shell out the cash for himwhen they already have a couple of options. Like I said before, the combination of a terrible economy and most teams saving for what may be the biggest FreeAgent class EVER next year has a ton to do with it. And to add fuel to the fire they are talking about the cap shrinking, so teams who were tightening theirbelts before are forced to tighten them even more.

Besides, in 2010 if you sign a big free agent, who the hell is going to play PG. If you let Duhon go, Nate Rob leaves, what does that leave you with.

not really. I think that the teams that should be interested in are so. The Knicks should just have more interest because we may be the only teamin the league with a huge gaping whole at the starting PG position and it is not everyday that a 23 year old who can be a every day starter on numerous teamsis right out there for the taking. A lot of teams already have their MLE used up, and in other cases even if Sess may be a bit of an upgrade, teams may notfind it worth spending the MLE on because that is $ they want to save for other positions next summer, and they do not want to create a logjam at the point.Trust me because he isnt being heavily targeted does NOT mean the dude cant ball. You couldnt name me 2 restricted FAs who have been targeted and signed in asecond this offseason. I mean last season D lee averaged 16 and 12 was a near all-star and led the L in double doubles nd teams are reluctant to give him theMLe by now. Sess is a baller and the fact that he isnt signed yet really doesnt say anything about that.

We dont have to worry about using $ when we have other options at the point because we have absolutely no capable starting PGs on our #%%!!%@ roster.

bottom line to me is he's not worth sacrificing 2010 plans.

and if that's the price, no thanks.

bottom line to me is he's not worth sacrificing 2010 plans.

and if that's the price, no thanks.

what plans? You dont know who the hell will be out there. IF the cap shrinks to 50 million and you dont get rid of Curry and Jefferies, that leaves you roomto sign one free agent. What if that free agent isnt Bron or Wade? Is there anyone else you can really build a team around? You going to build a team aroundBosh or Amare? That team would be trash and you would be no better off than you would have if you just kept Lee and Nate Robison and sign Sessions to a MLE.

lee, nate and sessions get us where exactly?

ill build a team around chris bosh before those 3 together.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^

Golden State just drafted Steph Curry and have already made it clear that they like Monta as the teams PG of the future (i dont know why cause imo hr is more of a 2 as well as Curry although Curry wont be able to defend %$%% at the 2 but thats Nellie) basiclly they not about to go out and sign ANOTHER guard especially after just aquiring Acie Law and Speedy claxton in the Crawford trade.

Houston is 100% sold on Aaron Brooks at the point. Son had a huge playoffs and he will be the starter this season, count on that. Also if you remember they just handed out the MLE to Ariza so count them out.

Indiana just signed Earl Watson as a abackup and still have TJ Ford on their roster who is their starter.

Memphis is sold on Conley as a starter for now, and even if they werent they would probably try an upgrade through the draft, not go out and sign a starter for the MLE who was a 2nd round pick the year Conley went top 5. If they wanted a PG upgrade they woulda taken Rubio or Flynn

I misunderstood the question then, I was just listing teams that aren't set/have better PG's than what Sessions can off not subtracting teams that haveused/don't have a MLE anymore.

BUT
laugh.gif
to counter this, Monta and Steph are not going to cut it at PGpoint blank. They're both shoot first SG types and in that up and down the court offense they're going to be more shooters than passers. And neitherof them are better PG's than Sessions. Acie Law is trash. Maybe give him a year when he actually plays minutes I might change my stance.

Brooks may have that Stuckey syndrome. Remember he was supposed to be the next great PG after the 08 playoffs? You never know with that scenario.

TJ Ford is too injury prone to be able to rely on him for a full season. Watson is a solid 2.

Memphis I'll give you, I actually root for Conley to pull it together and live up to that potential. But the status in the draft has nothing to do withthe argument. Sessions is a better player at this point in his career than Conley is and may ever be. Draft picks are always
grin.gif
for lack of a better term.

so having Baron Davis who has averaged 17 and 7 for his career, Sebastian Telfair who averaged 10 and 5 last year and Mardy is thin as hell at PG? Really?
Career #'s are nice but you really going to depend on him to play a full season? Injury prone and someone who has admitted they've playedhalf-assed before? Telfair let's see how he does this year. Mardy @@*#+*% Collins is a joke and an excuse of a player. I don't even know why Ibrought him up.

Like I've said before, I am all for signing Sessions. But I'm not going to sit here and say +@%! Walsh or I'm sick of his %%*# if he doesn't. I have faith in the mans plans.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^

Golden State just drafted Steph Curry and have already made it clear that they like Monta as the teams PG of the future (i dont know why cause imo hr is more of a 2 as well as Curry although Curry wont be able to defend %$%% at the 2 but thats Nellie) basiclly they not about to go out and sign ANOTHER guard especially after just aquiring Acie Law and Speedy claxton in the Crawford trade.

Houston is 100% sold on Aaron Brooks at the point. Son had a huge playoffs and he will be the starter this season, count on that. Also if you remember they just handed out the MLE to Ariza so count them out.

Memphis is sold on Conley as a starter for now, and even if they werent they would probably try an upgrade through the draft, not go out and sign a starter for the MLE who was a 2nd round pick the year Conley went top 5. If they wanted a PG upgrade they woulda taken Rubio or Flynn

Career #'s are nice but you really going to depend on him to play a full season? Injury prone and someone who has admitted they've played half-assed before? Telfair let's see how he does this year. Mardy @@*#+*% Collins is a joke and an excuse of a player. I don't even know why I brought him up.

Like I've said before, I am all for signing Sessions. But I'm not going to sit here and say +@%! Walsh or I'm sick of his %%*# if he doesn't. I have faith in the mans plans.
I agree that Davis isnt really ever healthy but he has been good for about 60 games the last 5 seasons. Im not saying they shouldnt go after him,im just saying I can understand why they wouldnt. Do they really need 4 PGs, when they have one who was an all-star, one who started last year, and one who isa good third option at PG?

Yea I get you. I'm just trying to make my point. But forgetting about the MLE, I've pretty much sealed that I don't really have a point besidessaying what teams could use Sessions
laugh.gif

lee, nate and sessions get us where exactly?

ill build a team around chris bosh before those 3 together.
Lee, Nate, Sessions, Chandler, Hill, and Gallinari could probably get you a low seed in the playoffs, maybe better.

Bosh, Hill, Chandler, and Gallinari could probably get you a low seed in the playoffs or they could be like toronto was last year. !@!%, toronto couldnt makethe playoffs with Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon, Marion, and Parker. You really think that a team of Bosh, a 20 year old with back problems, a rookie in Hill weknow nothing about in terms of professional play, and a really good swingman will do better than that? Im sorry but I dont.

Who the hell would play point? You can still sign Sessions and get a max contract player, but you cant sign two max contract players unless you get rid ofCurry.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Detroit (even though they can't offer him the ML) is definitely not set at PG, unless you're on of the very few sold on
I agree Detroit could use him, but I dont believe they have their MLE
will_bynum.jpg

I dont know, im not really sold on Stuckey. Sometimes it seems like he drives the ball to the hoop with little or no control and doesnt know what to do withit. Maybe its just me

and eddy curry will be traded.

and maybe he will, but with the team as it currently is, you guys are absolutely screwed if he isnt. (well I shouldnt say screwed, but you wont be that good)

The whole thing with nikes contract and lebron, I thought it doesnt matter because he will be signing a new one in 2010 since his current contract will beup??

VIIheaven be optimistic
grin.gif
laugh.gif

if donnie walsh some new guy on the block with this plan, id have doubts.

but i think we can all agree he's fairly smart, and has not detered from his plan since day 1. not sure how now continuing on his path is a problem all ofthe sudden.

if donnie walsh some new guy on the block with this plan, id have doubts.

but i think we can all agree he's fairly smart, and has not detered from his plan since day 1. not sure how now continuing on his path is a problem all of the sudden.

I agree, but circumstances have kind of drastically changed since then. At the time he started this plan he was expecting about 60 million dollars worth ofcap room, not around 50. That 10 million would make a world of difference. From day one it wasnt a bad plan, but things have changed and now signing one maxcontract player isnt going to make a lot of a difference for your team.

Back
Top Bottom