Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

^ why do you seem to think that trading curry or jefferies is inevitable? Curry ain't going anywhere man.

sessions is looking for the FULL MLE, which is about 6.
if he was lookin for 4, im sure a deal would have been done a long time ago.

Originally Posted by DubA169

^ why do you seem to think that trading curry or jefferies is inevitable? Curry ain't going anywhere man.
I dont buy that, there is a full season to play, and im not gonna get into it again but if you go back a few scenarios i discussed exactly why ithink he may be tradeable and possible options. But even if we cant trade him, Jeffries contract onlygoes for a year after, and he makes less tnan Curry, andhe is not as worthless. And even if for some reason we cannot trade ither of them (which i doubt if you look at some of the players Walsh got rid of this pastyear) we could still offer a max contract unless the cap drops the max possible amount. Either way i dont feel like it is worth passing up on Sessions.

And i think it has been said that Sess would take an offer for about $4 mil but Donnie is hesitant to offer anything $4 or higher because of the cap space#+@#. I say go for it. Sess will make us alot better, and a lot of #+@# would still have to go against us for us not to be able to offer a max deal nextsummer.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

isn't it strange the bucks have let him go and not thought twice about it?
Not really considering the Bucks are cheap as @%!@, so much so that they didnt even do so much as to give Charlie Villanueva a QO. At least theygave Sessions that much. Add to that, that Scott Skiles is a douche and Sessions is one of many PGs who dont mesh with him (and Skiles is basically aanti-D'Antoni in terms of coaching style), and they just drafted Brandon Jennings im actually not suprised at all.

Fact is in Skiles slow $%* *$*@*#% system he averaged 15 and 7 as a starter. He has great vision and has had more than 20 assists in numerous occasions in thepast few years. He also plays D and is athletic and he is *$*@*#% 23!! He has alot of time to blossom and he will do that with D'Antoni as the coach. Thisis really baffling me.

isn't it strange the bucks have let him go and not thought twice about it?

the bucks are *%!%%%% cheap and just drafted a PG who they think will be their future.

yeah, well...if sessions is good and only 22, why did they first target flynn and jennings?

they were after a pg...i ask why if sessions is this good..?

im not saying he's not good, but that isn't some sort of red flag to anyone?

BJ has shown great potential.
there was an article saying that the bucks were near luxary tax, even after trading RJ for basically nothing.
so if signing this year, and next years draft pick, they'll be over the LT, which i assume they dont want to be near of.
kind of mind boggling how their roster is so expensive. andrew bogot and redd must be ballin out there
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeah, well...if sessions is good and only 22, why did they first target flynn and jennings?

because they are cheap and dont want to spend more money when they arent making money

No cause like i said the Bucks are cheap as *$+%, so much so that they wouldnt even give a player who got much more than the MLE that Sess islooking for a QO, and they targeted PGs because they knew they wouldnt pay him more than that when other teams would. And their coach is a hard +** who putsplayers in a tight and structured system and Sess as an up and coming 23 year old with great vision never meshed with him because he needs to run the openfloor (hmmm kinda sounds like our system, just sayin). But evn in that slow +** system my boy was dropping #s. Ive wanted Sess since day 1 and ive sat throughus offer contracts in a second to bums like Kidd and Hill, im not about to sit still and watch us let Sessions walk when he is RIGHT out there for the takingif we would man the *$+% up a little.

okay, then why is he still unsigned and only the lac and knicks even showing interest?

im the only one finding this odd?

okay, then why is he still unsigned and only the lac and knicks even showing interest?

any other year I guarantee he would be signed by now, but considering the economy as it is now and how most teams are trying to save for 2010, Ireally dont find it odd at all. Same thing could be asked as to why Nate Robinson still isnt signed or Dlee

those 2 aren't worth what they want, either.

im not against sessions for around 4,5 years 20 million.

5 years, 35? hell no.

him not being able to shoot is bothersome to me as well, specifically if trying to build with the thought of lebron in mind

wrong g8.
he just never had great PT to show off what he was capable off. coach always used him as a backup to ridnour, and was taken out so quick he couldnt even have agood run.
people only started noticing him once ridnour got injured.
dlee prob would have gotten an 8mil easy, in any other year. 10mil is a stretch, but then again, flopajao got away with highway robbery
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

wrong g8.
he just never had great PT to show off what he was capable off. coach always used him as a backup to ridnour, and was taken out so quick he couldnt even have a good run.
people only started noticing him once ridnour got injured.
dlee prob would have gotten an 8mil easy, in any other year. 10mil is a stretch, but then again, flopajao got away with highway robbery
smh.gif
laugh.gif
not true. He has always shown signs. Trust me ive been watching dude for awhile his name did not just come up for me. This is the guy i wantedsince day 1 when we was still talking about J kidd and all that %@%%. And allen, you wanna talk about shooting, i dont know if that is SUCH a big dealconsidering we went after Kidd who cant shoot and will never be able to shoot ehile Sess has a better J right now than Kidd, and still has room forimprovement. Anyhow this dude burst onto the scene last year after killing it in the D League. But he never really meshed up with Skiles who started Ridnourover him when everyone in the right mind knew Sess was better (sess murked the Knicks when we played them this year). In the games he started (not all year)dude averaged something like 16 and 7. Hes legit. And he exceeded 20 assists numerous times on the season. Im not saying hes a superstar right away, but dudecan def play, he is young, and in this system i think a poss potential all-star, i dont know what more we want. IMO he is a steal for the MLE. But i doubt hewill get the full and maybe he doesnt deserve that if you look at the fact that Artest/Ariza only got that, but even 45 mil a year id take him in a sec.

those 2 aren't worth what they want, either.

im not against sessions for around 4,5 years 20 million.

5 years, 35? hell no.

him not being able to shoot is bothersome to me as well, specifically if trying to build with the thought of lebron in mind
i understand your point, but i dont think our offer was anywhere near 35 mill. wasnt it like 3 years/18 mill or 5 years/26 mill? we have plenty ofplayers that can shoot, hell our entire team can shoot besides for like 3 players. i've heard he pretty much mastered the floater, but you can work on yourshot. when you're that good of a facilitator and penetrater u dont really need to look for your shot. although he has proven that he can put the ball inthe hoop. and to your other post, almost every lottery team targeted flynn whether they had a PG or not.

[h1]Knicks' Curry shapes up, sheds pounds[/h1]Alan Hahn

Eddy Curry has been in Ocean City, N.J., since Aug. 1 to continue hisoffseason regimen with his trainers, Jerry Powell and Tommy Weatherspoon. According to multiple sources, the Knicks will find that Curry is down another 10pounds since they saw him in Las Vegas last month, when the embattled center spent two days working outwith the summer league team.
Knicks president Donnie Walsh made the trip to Ocean City Tuesday to check up on Curry. It is thethird time Walsh has seen Curry since the end of the season.

Curry, 26, who appeared in just two games this past season because of knee and conditioning issues, weighed about 328 in July, which, according toWeatherspoon, was 30 pounds lighter than he was at the end of the NBA season. As ofTuesday, Curry is said to be at about 318 pounds, which is near the ideal weight range that Weatherspoon has set as Curry's playing weight.

Curry's listed weight is 285 pounds, which hasn't been accurate since his early days with the Chicago Bulls. Weatherspoon, who has trained pros in the NFLand MLB during the past two decades, told Newsday in July that anyone who believes Curry willever play again at 285 is "delusional." Weatherspoon said 300 to 315 pounds is where the 6-11 Curry should be.

Curry was under the watchful eye of Mike D'Antoni, Donnie Walsh and even Garden chairmanJames Dolan in Vegas and the Knicks came away pleased with the progress. The Knicks are owned byCablevision, which also owns Newsday.

Curry is expected to continue his regimen in Ocean City for the rest of the month and move to the Knicks practice facility sometime in September to reunitewith his teammates before training camp opens Sept. 29 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.

Since when are most GM's in this league good?

indifferent.gif

@ this team and its "direction." We're putting together a 8th seed team from 2002. Interest in Grant Hill, Jason Williams, Troy Hudson and JerryStackhouse?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm pretty much convinced we're not going to be able to sign LeBron. I was listening to Don La Greca the other day on 1050 the other day and he put itbest:

LeBron is probably going to re-sign with the Cavs because they'll be able to offer him the most money, and with the cap going down, there's only somuch the Knicks can offer him. On top of that, we won't be able to sign another "elite" player to play along side with him and the teamdoesn't even look its going anywhere, even with the cap space so LeBron should just stop playing around and re-sign with the Cavs now so we can move on(along every other team in the L).

We're probably going to have to settle for Chris Bosh or something. Man, this feels horrible, the realization that this team is going NOWHERE......AGAIN.

^ you (and alot of people) conveniently forget the fact that nike will give bron at least another 50 million dollars if he signs with new york. He can makemoney with the cap going down, we just need to worry about being able to get him another player.

^ you (and alot of people) conveniently forget the fact that nike will give bron at least another 50 million dollars if he signs with new york. He can make money with the cap going down, we just need to worry about being able to get him another player.
has anyone actually seen this clause?????

^ you (and alot of people) conveniently forget the fact that nike will give bron at least another 50 million dollars if he signs with new york. He can make money with the cap going down, we just need to worry about being able to get him another player.
You do know that was a rumor. The clause was that 'Bron would get $50 mill if he joined a big market (LA, NY, Chicago) in his first threeseasons in the league. Now that he's been in CLE for over 3 years, that clause is voided.

Found an article about it:

LeBron James Has No New York Nike Bonus

By Darren Rovellhttp://www.cnbc.com/id/15837548/cid/97942

For the millionth time, LeBron James has no bonus in his current contract with Nike-still his original contract-that pays him more if he plays in New York or any other big city for that matter.

I find myself writing this because with speculation that James will be headed to New York in 2010, as the Knicks have cleared out cap space for that season with the rumored express purpose of landing LeBron, people have started to talk again about this mythical bonus. As James played at the Garden and questions about 2010 and New York reached its greatest height, we started hearing about this bonus again.
http://
ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard, in an article for ESPN.com, wrote that James "does not get more money from Nike if he plays in New York," but then went on to say that "that clause expired after his rookie season."

That's a new one.

Then I'm driving home from work yesterday listening to 1050 ESPN Radio and Michael Kay, who I think is really a great host. He had on Stephen A. Smith, who had just interviewed James. Kay somehow not only had the rumored bonus in his head, he also had a new number associated with it that we have never heard before-$100 million. That if LeBron James came to New York, he'd get a $100 million bonus from Nike [NKE 57.24 0.45 (+0.79%) ] . Although Kay rightly pointed out that he wasn't sure Nike would benefit that much from LeBron being in the New York market since he's already in the global marketplace, he asked Smith what he knew about the bonus. And Smith said he heard it was true and that it not only included New York, but any of the big markets.

Here are the facts.

The $100 million number is LeBron's total contract that includes a $10 million signing bonus. There are other bonuses, royalties and incentives, but there is no New York, Chicago or L.A. market incentive.

James signed his contract with Nike hours before the 2003 NBA Lottery. I reported it was done some time after midnight on the same day of the lottery. The deal was done at that time for a reason.

LeBron's agent Aaron Goodwin rightfully wanted to get it done before it was clear who had the No. 1 pick to benefit off the chance it could have been a large market. LeBron could have easily ended up in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. The Clippers have the fifth best chance (8.9 percent) to get the No. 1 pick at the time, Chicago (4.4 percent) had the seventh best chance and New York (1.5 percent) had the ninth. Sure, the odds didn't make it likely, but we all know it has happened before.

So the fact that Nike executives at the time didn't have the luxury of knowing that he'd definitely be in Cleveland and therefore couldn't discount it in their offer, if they thought it was an issue, actually benefited LeBron. He, in a way, made money off the possibility of going there.

When Nike figured out their number that assumed that LeBron was going to the best. They figured out how many shoes, how much apparel he was going to sell and what it would cost them if they lost out to Reebok, which was a real possibility as Reebok offered more money in total, but less guaranteed money. But like the New York Yankees, who don't give their players All-Star bonuses because they expect them to be All-Stars. Nike wasn't going to pay more for LeBron if, hours later, the luck of the ping pong balls fell to New York or any other major market.

A couple more final points to make here. All this talk is a moot point. Even if LeBron did have the New York clause in his contract it would be done by the time his contract expired. James' original deal is a seven year deal, meaning it ends at the end of the 2009-10 season, before he would have a chance to go to New York.

As for James' next contract, given the fact that the basketball shoe market isn't what it once was, that Kobe Bryant is a bigger force than James in the market and that Michael Jordan continues to dominate the premium basketball shoe market space, James would be hard-pressed to get more than the averaged out $14 million a year he's making from Nike now. And yes, that's even if he's playing in New York.

Back
Top Bottom