Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

roll.gif

No big deal. Funny how those two Seattle heads be in the BX hard. They were probably scooping up some Hispanic broads.

could the Knicks/Ramon Sessions soap opera offically be voted as the most annoying flip floppy story of this entire offseason in the NBA??

I think this is the 5th time this summer that the media flipped this story 180 degrees
laugh.gif

Alan Hahn provides an update on the status of restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions.

"I continue to hear that the Knicks remain the 23 year old's last remaining legitimate option," writes Hahn. "The Clippers seem content with their roster and the Bucks just recently made additions (Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic) that suggest they are ready to move on, as well."

According to Hahn, the Knicks are ready to sign an offer sheet at around $4 million per season if and when Sessions accepts.
every single %%+!+$% week you got, Knicks only sessions suitor or Knicks will offer Sessions this week, or Sessions will be a Knick. Only to befollowed by Knicks dropping out of Sessions race because of 2010, or Knicks meet with Sessions cant decide on an offer, or Knicks backing down Clippers newfrontrunner for Sessions.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Now after all last week hearing about how we are kinda backing out of the sessions race and that the Clips are favorite we oncce again start hearing Knicks areonly option nd he will most likely be a Knick. Probably only to be let down in a few days. I honestly expect Sessions to remain unsigned til opening day
laugh.gif

Media FTMFL
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Nasty Nate
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]KNICKS FROWNING AT NATE'S ARREST[/h1]
Nate Robinson's arrest in The Bronx yesterday for driving without a valid license -- and revelations of his reckless driving record -- underscored why the Knicks have been apathetic in re-signing their restricted free agent.

If not for the one-year, $2.9 million qualifying offer they issued Robinson before July 1 as procedure to keep him restricted, the arrest that included his immature tweet postings during the incident could have been the end to his Knicks career.

The Knicks had seen enough recklessness and immaturity from Robinson on the court to realize he wasn't a player worthy of a long-term deal.

Antagonizing referees and opponents, he recorded 12 technicals last season, among the league leaders. His lack of control periodically led to public scoldings by coach Mike D'Antoni, who had it out with Robinson on the bench in Milwaukee last season.

Despite his emergence as one of the league's most prolific sixth men and his freakish athleticism, the coaching staff did not seem to trust him. The Knicks' wooing of multiple point guards this offseason illustrated how little they value his floor-leader skills at 5-foot-7½.

According to DMV records, Robinson's license has been suspended five times in 14 months. Robinson, an instigator in the infamous Denver brawl three seasons ago, still treated the latest pullover as it was a joke, showing he doesn't learn from mistakes.

The Knicks released a statement that hardly showed support: "We are aware of the situation. We are still getting details, and will discuss it with him directly."

It's been no secret the Knicks have no interest in retaining Robinson for more than a one-year deal. Still, not one team tendered him an offer sheet for two years that would not have been matched by Donnie Walsh.

Robinson can still accept the Knicks' qualifying offer. After a bad day in The Bronx, he may have no choice.

Meanwhile, the Knicks are expected to re-sign David Lee to a one-year deal for more than the qualifying offer.

Man i swear to $+%$!!$ god, you get Nate Robinson for a 1 year deal, you take it. dude is already one of the leagues top bench players and a 1 year deal doesnot effect our cap. He is the best scorer on our team and to not take him for a one year deal cause of a stupid arrest that has NOTHING to do with basketba;land nothing really to do with his bad character (other than the fact that he is a bit irresponsible but ive had similar $#$% happen to myself) is just $+%$!!$******ed.

That would basically be like cutting Nate for no reason at all. If you wanna get rid of him AT LEAST get something like cap relief out of it, he is a desirableplayer just this market is $#$%. And he would have got other offers as well, but teams didnt want to offer cause it wasnt high enough as to where Donniewouldnt match, as stated in the article... But you dont get rid of a young 17 point per game scorer off the bench who is a fan favorite when you could sign himfor one year, without any risk at all on our cap room next summer. Im not saying go out and offer him some long term deal, cause that would be a bit risky, butif we cant work a long term out with him or Lee for that matter. To not give them a one year deal is just $+%$!!$ ******ed because they clearly make the teambetter next season (which we want considering that tanking is not an option
mad.gif
) and because it has 0 salary cap risk. There is 0 downside to it. Nate is not a "cancer" player, sure $#$% like this happens, he is a bitirresponsible. but his teamates love him, he is coachable for the most part, and most importantly always gives 100%

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
@ that last sentence.

im starting to feel cofident about lee having to just take a 1 year deal....and i think ultimately nate will too

wasnt there a report that actually most teamates hated him?
maybe it was someone else.
i have a feeling walsh is going to use this arrest against nate, as a smokescreen, and give him lets say a 3/10 deal.
wouldnt mind that, AT ALL.

Originally Posted by BangDak

i have a feeling walsh is going to use this arrest against nate, as a smokescreen, and give him lets say a 3/10 deal.
Na it was 90% of the league hates him actually
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

People don't mess with Nate forreal though? Why?

Is that story true about him trying to fight Malik Rose in the shower? LOL

Originally Posted by BangDak

i would take that 3/10 in a hot second

Na it was 90% of the league hates him actually
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

my man Nasty tha Villain
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

People don't mess with Nate forreal though? Why?

Is that story true about him trying to fight Malik Rose in the shower? LOL
yea I heard about that
laugh.gif

just heard that...

knicks cut off all negotiations with all PGs until the 24th (kahn is in spain until the 24th to see if he can work something out with rubio). basically donnieis waiting to see what will happen with kahn and his meeting with rubio's camp this week before he can start negotiations with kahn about rubio and hisrights. just some speculation...

no. thats why i went bonkers when iheard about the report chandler+#8 pick. and i mean bonkers.
i actually believe that rumor, because once that report of kahn going back to spain, we saw reports of clippers being front runners for sessions.
i doubt thats a coincidence.

Originally Posted by DubA169

would you guys really want to give up chandler if it means rubio?
If I had to choose then, no. I would not give up Chandler to get Rubio. Although, Chandler does play the same position as LeBron and if we want toget LeBron you'd figure Wilson will see less minuets. I don't think Chandler has the game to play a SG. That's just me though.

sooo i just realized...

say we get nate for the qualifying. lee for 5 mil.

we can package them with jeffries/curry to a team willing to take a chance on an extra wack contract for a year to rent out nate+lee in an attempt to make adeeper run into the playoffs. and we can get a contract that expires in 2010.

brad miller on the bulls? b wallace+pavlovic on the suns?

if its possible we should try getting something done at the deadline so that we can keep lee and nate for as long as possible. we need the depth.

^
Players that sign one year contracts like that have to agree to a trade but it would give them a disadvantage when they become free agents. I don'tremember the exact specifics but I remember reading about it due to Ben Gordon's situation this past season.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

If I had to choose then, no. I would not give up Chandler to get Rubio. Although, Chandler does play the same position as LeBron and if we want to get LeBron you'd figure Wilson will see less minuets. I don't think Chandler has the game to play a SG. That's just me though.
true

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

If I had to choose then, no. I would not give up Chandler to get Rubio. Although, Chandler does play the same position as LeBron and if we want to get LeBron you'd figure Wilson will see less minuets. I don't think Chandler has the game to play a SG. That's just me though.
true
You gotte remember we're not building a conventional team here. Chandler can play the 4, 3, or the 2 and we would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom