George Zimmerman Rescues Family From Truck Crash

:lol: :lol:

I love when a white dude tells a black dude how things are.

How would you know this?

I'm not white though, terrible assumption.

nah, pretty sure i got it right based on your apologist posts

always a little too eager to side with the other

Missed the point and not remotely close. World is not black and white because there are bigger minorities in the mix now.

I'm not boycotting by not buying something.......thats ******g stupid....this law is a state by state issue that needs to be handled accordingly 

Bingo!

Are you black?

If you aren't, you can't really assert what the world is to certain people. Unfortunately, for many black folks all that is seen IS their skin color. The reverse is also true--many minorities only see a white person's skin color.

So sure, YOU may feel that we're past the black/white thing in America for whatever reason you want. But that doesn't mean that your experiences ring true for everyone. Even if you're black, that still holds true. Everyone experiences different things.

Last edited:
What are people boycotting?
People are vowing not to spend ANY money today on anything, to show their discontenet for the verdict.
Those that agree with the verdict probably wont care but for those that feel justice was not served financial boycotts haven proven to be an effective form of non violent protest.

Last edited:
Black spending power is still vital to most communities...

With buying power projected to reach 1.1 trillion by 2015...
grin.gif

Wonder how much of that percentage includes sneakers? 
indifferent.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/black-spending-power-nielsen-reports_n_1911111.html

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: Perfect response. I did the exact same thing upon reading the title

BREAKING: George Zimmerman goes back in time and frees slaves!!

GZ is dat dude... Who else u know catch a body and save a family this year besides GZ and Superman?
:rofl:

Last edited:
So the entertainers are boycotting performing in Florida because of the "Stand Your Ground" laws? - Okay, that makes some sense.

But what about all the other states that have similar laws? You have to boycott them as well, no?

Can't just pick and choose because you're emotional, way too many emotions going on. No logic.

Are you black?

If you aren't, you can't really assert what the world is to certain people. Unfortunately, for many black folks all that is seen IS their skin color. The reverse is also true--many minorities only see a white person's skin color.

So sure, YOU may feel that we're past the black/white thing in America for whatever reason you want. But that doesn't mean that your experiences ring true for everyone. Even if you're black, that still holds true. Everyone experiences different things.

We are not remotely past it by any means, saying we are no longer in a "black and white country", doesn't mean we are in a "post-racial" world. We are far from it. The problem with most of these race threads is that they become about black vs. white when in reality NO ONE is standing behind you, NO ONE is supporting you.

I'm glad I was able to grow up in a diverse place, where I've had to deal with different races/ethnicities/cultures. Beat the ethnocentrism out of me.

If you're not black or white, there is no such thing as "getting past the black/white thing", because we were never a part of it. Mexicans, Salvadorians, Domincans, Puerto Ricans we are all different, yet we get clumped together. Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, even Filipinos, they are all different yet unfortunately clumped together. I could go on. All these minorities that are growing, and getting bigger have never been a part of this "black/white thing", and if that is your focus they/we will NEVER stand behind you.

When it came to the Trayvon Martin case, there was very little coverage on major Spanish Networks, until the rioting/looting and protesting on the freeway took place. Guess how it made these folks look to the Latino community?

Think about it. Races/Ethnicities are heavily divided and it's partly due because some people can't get past the "black/white" thing.

Yes, people experience different things, hence why it's polarizing to make everything "black/white".

For the record...

-Never defended Zimmerman
-Don't know why people outside of Florida are calling for justice when this was a case regarding STATE law.
-Wasn't a racial issue until the media fed that to you.
-No one can truly prove that Zimmerman was a racist, but since people can't get past skin tones, that is what it became.
- When Martin and Zimmerman got into their "scuffle", Martin couldn't conduct a background check so there's no way of Martin knowing about Zimmerman's violent past.
-This needs to go away, like yesterday. People can't formulate coherent thoughts when riding the wave of emotion.
- Don't need people destroying my city and causing traffic jams for something that happened in the backward *** state of Florida.
- Stay classy 8)

Jay-Z and JT are boycotting but are still doing the concert they had scheduled in Florida

Lulz

Are you black?

We are not remotely past it by any means, saying we are no longer in a "black and white country", doesn't mean we are in a "post-racial" world. We are far from it. The problem with most of these race threads is that they become about black vs. white when in reality NO ONE is standing behind you, NO ONE is supporting you.

I'm glad I was able to grow up in a diverse place, where I've had to deal with different races/ethnicities/cultures. Beat the ethnocentrism out of me.

If you're not black or white, there is no such thing as "getting past the black/white thing", because we were never a part of it. Mexicans, Salvadorians, Domincans, Puerto Ricans we are all different, yet we get clumped together. Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, even Filipinos, they are all different yet unfortunately clumped together. I could go on. All these minorities that are growing, and getting bigger have never been a part of this "black/white thing", and if that is your focus they/we will NEVER stand behind you.

When it came to the Trayvon Martin case, there was very little coverage on major Spanish Networks, until the rioting/looting and protesting on the freeway took place. Guess how it made these folks look to the Latino community?

Think about it. Races/Ethnicities are heavily divided and it's partly due because some people can't get past the "black/white" thing.

Yes, people experience different things, hence why it's polarizing to make everything "black/white".

Okay, I'm assuming you're a minority then.

One thing that I think you're not seeing is that a lot of black people DON'T want everything to be a black vs. white thing.  But there are instances in life where that conclusion is unavoidable, and I speak from 34 years of experience.  Are there some black people who are holding onto the past and refuse to look deeper than skin color?  Hell yes there are.  But I believe that most black folks don't want it to be that way.  You're also not factoring in the white folks aspect of it--there are a lot of whites who also refuse to let go of the past and see past skin color when it comes to blacks.  Are there prejudices against other skin tones, races and ethnicities?  Indeed.  But given the history of this country, black people seem to bear the brunt of this discrimination.  And that all goes back to the history of this country and the 400 years of slavery that blacks endured.  It isn't about a pissing contest about who has had it worse or been discriminated against more, either.  It can't be because the black vs. white thing is literally engrained in the history of this country.  America was built off the back of slaves who were predominantly black.

So you have to look at the history of this country to truly understand why the black/white thing still exists.  Consider yourself lucky that your people weren't a part of that equation.  But also recognize that for those that were, it isn't just a "get past it" thing when the prejudices and stereotypes against you are STILL there.  And that's why this Zimmerman trial is difficult for a lot of black folks--it reinforces that black males are still perceived as a threat to society, even when they're doing nothing but walking down the street.    

And as far as other minorities standing behind black people, do you really think that's what the majority of black folks are looking for?  
laugh.gif

And the rioting and looting were very, very minimal.  95% of it was peaceful protest, which is a good thing and our right as American citizens.  If your people want to look at the negative coverage of a very small percentage of the protests and form opinions from it, well, that's on you.  

Back
Top Bottom