Gary Payton is talking reckless/craziness now

to be fair, kobe learned a thing or two from gp. check 2000 all-star game. kobe always credits gp for his defense.

he wouldn't actually shut kobe or bron down but he'll make them work hard. players like bron and kobe will get theirs, they'll just have to adjust to gp's defense. for some of you guys saying gp will give bron fits, do you guys realize the weight and height difference between bron and gp?
laugh.gif
 you can be a great defender all you want but when  you're overmatched in size, it'll catch up to you. mutombo was one of the greatest defending big men out there but shaq was just too much for him to handle.

--Kobe would just rise up, fadeway and even with GP's hand in his face: BUCKET.
--Lebron would tea-bag GP all day long. All day.

--And I like GP.

--Kobe would just rise up, fadeway and even with GP's hand in his face: BUCKET.
--Lebron would tea-bag GP all day long. All day.

--And I like GP.

The Glove could contain these guys better than a lot of you guys think...

The Glove could contain these guys better than a lot of you guys think...

alot of you guys are way too young to remember gary payton in his prime.
he was the MVP trash talker till KG took that.
He was called the Glove for a reason.
and no one in recent memory has ever dropped more than 28 on him.

yeah kobe and MJ woulda still got their points, but they would be EXHAUSTED by 2:00 in the 4th

alot of you guys are way too young to remember gary payton in his prime.
he was the MVP trash talker till KG took that.
He was called the Glove for a reason.
and no one in recent memory has ever dropped more than 28 on him.

yeah kobe and MJ woulda still got their points, but they would be EXHAUSTED by 2:00 in the 4th

I think Lebron's size would give him problems but there's really nothin reckless about the statement.

My son the glove
pimp.gif

I think Lebron's size would give him problems but there's really nothin reckless about the statement.

My son the glove
pimp.gif

the glove usually backed it up. i wouldnt say shut down, but he would be able to give him fits. shane battier does a good job while giving up 30+.

the glove usually backed it up. i wouldnt say shut down, but he would be able to give him fits. shane battier does a good job while giving up 30+.

Gary played better D on Jordan than anyone ever though.  He held Jordan under 30 everytime he guarded him in 96 in the finals.

Payton could disrupt anyone's game, if he could do it to Michael he could easily do it to anyone today.

jordan_payton_96.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gary played better D on Jordan than anyone ever though.  He held Jordan under 30 everytime he guarded him in 96 in the finals.

Payton could disrupt anyone's game, if he could do it to Michael he could easily do it to anyone today.

jordan_payton_96.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i hate comments like that, how many dudes have Kobe destroyed ? Barely anyone can guard lebron -_-

i hate comments like that, how many dudes have Kobe destroyed ? Barely anyone can guard lebron -_-

i agree that "shut down" isn't the right term.

he would do a great job and make both of them work hard as %%@%.

i agree that "shut down" isn't the right term.

he would do a great job and make both of them work hard as %%@%.

Back
Top Bottom