Gary Payton is talking reckless/craziness now

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

As a player who prided himself on defense why are people getting on him for being confident in his abilities? He did a better job than almost anyone else at guarding THE best player of all time in MJ so it his prime he could proably do a pretty good job against the ones considered the best today.

Also alot of the responses in this thread show the age of some members. Acting like clips of GP getting beat on ONE play or in one game against a player who is one fire makes him a bad defender. GP gave anyone who he guarded fits. Sure people are still going to score since offense always has the advantage but players were going to EARN them and be less effective.

Oh and youtube compilations prove nothing see....

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...a-Player-Highlight-Mixes

At the end of the day I'll take a player like GP who was, an all-star player who played great D game in and out, over players that get the title of being great defenders who only D up limited periods of the game.

QFTMFT

As a player who prided himself on defense why are people getting on him for being confident in his abilities? He did a better job than almost anyone else at guarding THE best player of all time in MJ so it his prime he could proably do a pretty good job against the ones considered the best today.

Also alot of the responses in this thread show the age of some members. Acting like clips of GP getting beat on ONE play or in one game against a player who is one fire makes him a bad defender. GP gave anyone who he guarded fits. Sure people are still going to score since offense always has the advantage but players were going to EARN them and be less effective.

At the end of the day I'll take a player like GP who was, an all-star player who played great D game in and out, over players that get the title of being great defenders who only D up limited periods of the game.

QFTMFT

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

bron has 4 inches & at least 60 pounds on GP. That's a mismatch.

On paper.

GP was quick, feisty, scrappy, and smart. 

Lebron is power with very little finesse. Payton would literally be under Lebron's skin (see picture below) everytime he would touch the ball. Charges would be called if Lebron drove. Soon Lebron would resort to catch and shoot. That is the least effective aspect of Lebron's game. 

Lebron would get points, but he would earn each and every bucket.

Edit:

2015268808.jpg

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

bron has 4 inches & at least 60 pounds on GP. That's a mismatch.

On paper.

GP was quick, feisty, scrappy, and smart. 

Lebron is power with very little finesse. Payton would literally be under Lebron's skin (see picture below) everytime he would touch the ball. Charges would be called if Lebron drove. Soon Lebron would resort to catch and shoot. That is the least effective aspect of Lebron's game. 

Lebron would get points, but he would earn each and every bucket.

Edit:

2015268808.jpg

Considering Bron's frail ego, I don't think Bron would come out for the 2nd half.

Considering Bron's frail ego, I don't think Bron would come out for the 2nd half.

thank you.

like i said on the last page... 90's babies FTL
30t6p3b.gif

thank you.

like i said on the last page... 90's babies FTL
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

The way refs call games now, GP would probably get whistled left and right

GP would get throw out and suspended by half time

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

The way refs call games now, GP would probably get whistled left and right

GP would get throw out and suspended by half time

lets say all nba rules aside and straight up streetball, it would be incredibly hard for gp. but i do think his trash talk would get into lebrons head. kobe not so much, i do however think he could shut down, most of the guards today. i would love to see how he would fair against prime steve nash.

lets say all nba rules aside and straight up streetball, it would be incredibly hard for gp. but i do think his trash talk would get into lebrons head. kobe not so much, i do however think he could shut down, most of the guards today. i would love to see how he would fair against prime steve nash.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Well $+%# if we talking about running at the local park, Lebron could take all the steps he wants and just run over GP
laugh.gif

GP would put alot of guards in check in todays game. You just don't see such a commitment to defense like that anymore.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Well $+%# if we talking about running at the local park, Lebron could take all the steps he wants and just run over GP
laugh.gif

GP would put alot of guards in check in todays game. You just don't see such a commitment to defense like that anymore.

Originally Posted by Law3001

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

No hate i just think him being physical would affect lbj much. it be like a tic on a dogs..... and i just think kobe quickness/height would be a issue. as far as nash he is so quick/skilled/ such a shooting threat, i dont see what angle could he come at him. Cause trash talk, and physical play wouldnt work with him.

Originally Posted by Law3001

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

No hate i just think him being physical would affect lbj much. it be like a tic on a dogs..... and i just think kobe quickness/height would be a issue. as far as nash he is so quick/skilled/ such a shooting threat, i dont see what angle could he come at him. Cause trash talk, and physical play wouldnt work with him.

GP was a great trash talker! That's what made me like him the most. Dude would just constantly get into player's head.

I do believe GP will tear LeBron apart mentally. Not with Kobe though, in my opinion, Kobe is the epitome of making players eat their words.

EDIT: On the side note, anybody else getting tired of OG players coming out of the blue trying to keep themselves relevant?

Just enjoy your retirement!

GP was a great trash talker! That's what made me like him the most. Dude would just constantly get into player's head.

I do believe GP will tear LeBron apart mentally. Not with Kobe though, in my opinion, Kobe is the epitome of making players eat their words.

EDIT: On the side note, anybody else getting tired of OG players coming out of the blue trying to keep themselves relevant?

Just enjoy your retirement!

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Check out the moves on Gary against a good defensive Seattle team in the 90s! at 20 against a prime gary

I was at that the game back in May of 99 at Key Arena and once Kobe got started the crowd got so deflated and were screaming for the coach (wesphall) to do something. Than after the game I went to the after party and met GP, Vin Baker, saw Olden Polynice DJ and saw Jame Edwards wearing jeans up past hi waste.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Check out the moves on Gary against a good defensive Seattle team in the 90s! at 20 against a prime gary

I was at that the game back in May of 99 at Key Arena and once Kobe got started the crowd got so deflated and were screaming for the coach (wesphall) to do something. Than after the game I went to the after party and met GP, Vin Baker, saw Olden Polynice DJ and saw Jame Edwards wearing jeans up past hi waste.

Back
Top Bottom