Gary Payton is talking reckless/craziness now

Originally Posted by DubA169

Gary Payton could guard lebron with his trash talk alone. He would be saying some WILD stuff
THIS. GP would try to get into Lebron's head one his one of the greatest trash talkers period, I don't know if it would work. But, Jordan used to do the same thing as well.

By the way, the best defender at the point guard position of all time in my opinion.

Gary Payton could guard lebron with his trash talk alone. He would be saying some WILD stuff
THIS. GP would try to get into Lebron's head one his one of the greatest trash talkers period, I don't know if it would work. But, Jordan used to do the same thing as well.

By the way, the best defender at the point guard position of all time in my opinion.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Gary played better D on Jordan than anyone ever though.  He held Jordan under 30 everytime he guarded him in 96 in the finals.

Payton could disrupt anyone's game, if he could do it to Michael he could easily do it to anyone today.

http://dimemag.com/wp-con.../09/jordan_payton_96.jpg src="http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jordan_payton_96.jpg">
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It was obvious that Gary Payton slowed down Jordan in the last three games of the finals. To be honest, this was Jordan's worst finals series. But at the same time, I think that Jordan was fatigued due to playing 100 games for the 1996 season after returning from his first retirement and it took a toll on him. Jordan still had good looks, but they were not dropping. But, Payton held him to a low percentage in that series. Jordan still had games in the regular season when he went off on Seattle.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Gary played better D on Jordan than anyone ever though.  He held Jordan under 30 everytime he guarded him in 96 in the finals.

Payton could disrupt anyone's game, if he could do it to Michael he could easily do it to anyone today.

http://dimemag.com/wp-con.../09/jordan_payton_96.jpg src="http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jordan_payton_96.jpg">
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It was obvious that Gary Payton slowed down Jordan in the last three games of the finals. To be honest, this was Jordan's worst finals series. But at the same time, I think that Jordan was fatigued due to playing 100 games for the 1996 season after returning from his first retirement and it took a toll on him. Jordan still had good looks, but they were not dropping. But, Payton held him to a low percentage in that series. Jordan still had games in the regular season when he went off on Seattle.

Originally Posted by scoop99

As a one on one defender id agree, as a team defender, overall defender including all aspects like playing off the ball man to man stealing rebounding etc id have to give the slight edge to j kidd. just due to the fact he could be more effective on taller,larger players, played the passing lanes a slight better then gp, and well as far as shot blocking/rebounding well.....

As a one on one defender id agree, as a team defender, overall defender including all aspects like playing off the ball man to man stealing rebounding etc id have to give the slight edge to j kidd. just due to the fact he could be more effective on taller,larger players, played the passing lanes a slight better then gp, and well as far as shot blocking/rebounding well.....

Originally Posted by LDJ

THIS!!! I agree with your statement 100%. JKidd slowed Kobe down this this year's playoffs. I still finding it suprising that a 32 year old Kobe could not beat by a 38 year old JKidd off the dribble. At the same time I should not be suprisied, JKidd plays defense with his head and heart.

Originally Posted by LDJ

THIS!!! I agree with your statement 100%. JKidd slowed Kobe down this this year's playoffs. I still finding it suprising that a 32 year old Kobe could not beat by a 38 year old JKidd off the dribble. At the same time I should not be suprisied, JKidd plays defense with his head and heart.

Originally Posted by LDJ

a twenty something lebron wasnt doing much with kidd on him.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by LDJ

Im just throwing it out there, haters can hate and thats fine with me. But if j kidd had the shooting abilities, shot selection post game he has now in his latter years, earlier in his career, i could see him as being the goat pg. I still have him as a top 5 as it is.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Im just throwing it out there, haters can hate and thats fine with me. But if j kidd had the shooting abilities, shot selection post game he has now in his latter years, earlier in his career, i could see him as being the goat pg. I still have him as a top 5 as it is.

Originally Posted by LDJ

QFT. Let the haters hate. He still my favorite point guard in the NBA. And a first-ballot hall-of-famer in my book. He should have won MVP in 2002/2003 when he was on the Nets (still have that jersey after all these years).

Originally Posted by LDJ

QFT. Let the haters hate. He still my favorite point guard in the NBA. And a first-ballot hall-of-famer in my book. He should have won MVP in 2002/2003 when he was on the Nets (still have that jersey after all these years).

IMO, when you consider the fact that 'Bron doesn't have the refined ball-handling/footwork/post moves necessary to counteract GP's defensive style, GP would definitely make life hell for him. He'll have to work extremely hard to get his points in a one-on-one matchup with GP. That's not even taking into consideration the mind-games.

Though it's just one game, Rondo took away any operating space from 'Bron and he couldn't consistently counter.

IMO, when you consider the fact that 'Bron doesn't have the refined ball-handling/footwork/post moves necessary to counteract GP's defensive style, GP would definitely make life hell for him. He'll have to work extremely hard to get his points in a one-on-one matchup with GP. That's not even taking into consideration the mind-games.

Though it's just one game, Rondo took away any operating space from 'Bron and he couldn't consistently counter.

Kobe in his prime being guarded by Payton in his prime does not get locked down.

LeBron? Probably.

Kobe in his prime being guarded by Payton in his prime does not get locked down.

LeBron? Probably.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

LeBron? Probably.

Iuno it could go either way, what i have notice is that a frustrated kobe becomes a non level headed kobe. I could see him trying to do to much, and just playing erratic, and if the shots fall its all good, if not its a wrap for him. That plus just the egging on gp would do if kobe game is off. Kobe would more the likely be trying all types of moves/circus shots. He wouldnt i think even be playing to win, but moreso playing to prove a point i can do/get anything i want on the court, thus could lead to him putting himself out the game.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

LeBron? Probably.

Iuno it could go either way, what i have notice is that a frustrated kobe becomes a non level headed kobe. I could see him trying to do to much, and just playing erratic, and if the shots fall its all good, if not its a wrap for him. That plus just the egging on gp would do if kobe game is off. Kobe would more the likely be trying all types of moves/circus shots. He wouldnt i think even be playing to win, but moreso playing to prove a point i can do/get anything i want on the court, thus could lead to him putting himself out the game.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Another example i brought up when discussing drose and his questionable validity as mvp. J kidd that year was just remarkable, he was still somewhat near his prime, and was the beginning of him being a better shooter,post up player. His shot selection and timing was on that year. That could very well have been his best years. And if someone dares say this years drose>nets jkidd clearly only knows basketball from nba 2k and should never be allowed to post in s&t again.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Another example i brought up when discussing drose and his questionable validity as mvp. J kidd that year was just remarkable, he was still somewhat near his prime, and was the beginning of him being a better shooter,post up player. His shot selection and timing was on that year. That could very well have been his best years. And if someone dares say this years drose>nets jkidd clearly only knows basketball from nba 2k and should never be allowed to post in s&t again.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

With him averaging near a triple double for many seasons before returning to Dallas.

DRose>Nets JKidd
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Not a chance.
JKidds basketball IQ is higher is significantly higher than DRose. DRose is relies on his athleticism and I do not want to take away from him and I don't blame him because he is a young player. JKidd is a "true point guard" and DRose is a point guard with a shoot first mentality and making every transition look like a track meet, I do not see that working when he reach 30 (maybe I might be wrong).

Back
Top Bottom