Game 5: Mavs @ Spurs 8:30 TNT

props to dallas i thought after they went out with a whimper in last years playoffs they would slowly start fading away and off the playoff map like phoenixdid, but they proved me and a lot of people wrong. after dallas playoff failures in 06 blowing the lead in the d whistle series, the 07 choke job, and thespanking they got last year this series is huge for them.

i picked them to beat san antonio based off how they match up with the spurs and because of how hot dallas ended the season and because of san antonios injurywoes. i like them against denver although that series is going 7

but you guys need to seriously stop being delusional with this all texas wcf talk. at best houston will win 2 games in a series against the lakers but itwill be fun putting out 2 of the texas teams in the next 2 rounds.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I am SO glad Tim Duncan and the Spurs are OUT of the playoffs. Well done Mavs.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This series was unbearable for me.[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i thought i was the only one...

kidd is stronger than chauncy

and kidd is the one of the smartest players in the history of the game

he will know how to use his strengths to his advantage

Don't like the match up with Denver at all...

This series screams *@$ kicking to me...
ohwell.gif

Really wanted a rematch with the Hornets... Mavs woulda been out for blood...

Way to go MAVS!!!! I cant believe they took 2 games in San Antonio.

I honestly think Dallas matches up fairly decent with Denver even though they sweeped the season series. Plus, J-Ho was out for 2 of those games.

I think Kidd can guard Chauncey
Damp/Hollins/Bass on Nene
Dirk/Bass on K-Mart
J-Ho/Wright/Singleton on Melo

I think they biggest key will be how both 6th men play. Wright is going to have his work cut out on J.R. Smith, and JET will need to have a better series. Idont see Barea being as big of a factor in this next series.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

ohwell.gif

The way they have been playing, the Hornets would be good to play.

I'd probably rather play the Lakers, but that's just the way things fall.

It doesn't matter though, I don't think we got ANY kind of chance against Cleveland, and that's what really matters.

ohwell.gif

Last time we saw Denver they barely won and we were without Josh AND Kidd.

Dallas over Denver in 6.

However I will concede that I am talking reckless about Houston. Hell they might not get past Portland.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

It doesn't matter though, I don't think we got ANY kind of chance against Cleveland, and that's what really matters.
You're buggin...
laugh.gif

We don't have a chance against the Lakers... Or the Nuggets, IMO... THAT is what matters...

We'll cross the Cleveland bridge if we get there...

And for what it's worth... Portland has a better chance to beat the Lakers than Houston does...

You're buggin...
laugh.gif

We don't have a chance against the Lakers... Or the Nuggets, IMO... THAT is what matters...

We'll cross the Cleveland bridge if we get there...

And for what it's worth... Portland has a better chance to beat the Lakers than Houston does...

We've been close with both the Nuggets/Lakers, but Cleveland has run us out every single game.

Ryan Hollins needs to be the Barea for this next series.

Seems like JR Smith and Nene always kill the Mavs, they need to be shut down. I don't expect Dallas to win in Denver so they just need to take care ofbusiness at home and see what happens in a game 7.

LiL Stevie728 wrote:
Ryan Hollins needs to be the Barea for this next series.

Seems like JR Smith and Nene always kill the Mavs, they need to be shut down. I don't expect Dallas to win in Denver so they just need to take care of business at home and see what happens in a game 7.

I like that, sounds good. Bass and Hollins both need to be huge factors in the next round, because their front court $%$#% on ours 10 days out of10.

We've been close with both the Nuggets/Lakers, but Cleveland has run us out every single game.
Close? What difference does that make?

0-7 ... That's all that matters.

W/Out Ginobili these Spurs are horrible. We would of went farther with him.
Dallas will have to work to beat Denver though, that team is so fierce right now.
I think firepower wise they are even, but the defensive edge/intensity goes to Denver.
I still believe this franchise can win one more.

PO

Very weird seeing San Antonio exit the playoffs so early. It's the first time since 2000, when Tim Duncan was injured.

Manu wouldn't have made enough of a difference. This team was just three dependable weapons and a bunch of undependable ones. Their talent level wasatrocious, word to that one thread from early in the season, but they made the absolute best of it.

Close? What difference does that make?

0-7 ... That's all that matters.
We've had some bad run with injuries, and I know that's not what matters now, because we're healthy, and we're playing the bestbasketball all year. This team compared to those teams that were playing the Nuggets/Lakers earlier in the year, you really can't compare, we are hot rightnow, we've BEEN hot for about a full month now. Everyone is playing well, have some faith man..
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom