FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Dudes are defensive for no reason, and are really projecting your own issues.

His show is based around him being awkward and corny just like Issa Rae

Pretty much. It ain't that serious. He's a geek and we can see past that.

When dudes start saying "you think all black people have to act the same". They're projecting their own ****. :lol:

Nobody is thinking that.

I've never thought of Donald Glover as corny. To me, corny is when you're trying to be something you're not. He's different, weird, and I would refer to him as a breath of fresh air because there's not enough brotha' s like him that have clout in the industry. Also I see a lot of similarities between myself and him in our viewpoints so I defintiely wouldn't refer to myself as corny. Just different from what's perceived to be the status quo.

Pretty much. It ain't that serious. He's a geek and we can see past that.

When dudes start saying "you think all black people have to act the same". They're projecting their own ****. :lol:

Nobody is thinking that.

He's even self deprecating about it on the show, so you know he realizes it.

In Thursday's show Al asked him about Devin and how people perceived him as to who would be wearing the fake jersey, and Ern gave that look like I'm ******. It was basically implying that Ern wasn't any of those things.

F145B606-4228-48A1-921A-3B2A3A087F32.jpeg

Not gonna lie, I thought he was corny as a comedian. I remember watching "Weirdo", and thinking he's definitely pandering to a white audience. But then hearing his musical progression, creating Atlanta, and everything else he's done / doing, I've got a ton of respect for him.

Edit:

Here it is in its entirety. Still corny to me

He pretty much said he had to pander to a white audience to do what he wanted to do in that Rolling Stone interview. He practically lied to fox about what kind of show Atlanta was going to be.

He pretty much said he had to pander to a white audience to do what he wanted to do in that Rolling Stone interview. He practically lied to fox about what kind of show Atlanta was going to be.

That would explain the stark difference between season 1 and season 2. Probably sold it as a live action Boondocks or something.

its funny yall having this convo because shea butter twitter slowly turning on him

its funny yall having this convo because shea butter twitter slowly turning on him

Donald as a person does nothing for me. Those black nerdy types are the first ones to settle down with white woman when they get on cause black chicks didn't look they way at all when he was growing up. I appreciate what he's doing for up and coming black actors with Atlanta and I'll keep it at that.

Donald as a person does nothing for me. Those black nerdy types are the first ones to settle down with white woman when they get on cause black chicks didn't look they way at all when he was growing up. I appreciate what he's doing for up and coming black actors with Atlanta and I'll keep it at that.

I thought you was a dude. :wow:

Still sounds bitter and close minded. Like everyone is supposed to date and marry inside their race

Back
Top Bottom