FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

DchVQrQW0AAfnEF.jpg
DchVQrQW0AAfnEF.jpg

:emoji_thinking:

heads online saying the exaggerated facial expressions and dancing in the video supposed to represent a modern day minstrel show :emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking:

Definitely felt that way with the backdrop being what it was and the overall tone.

All that chaos juxtaposed against the dancing going on at once in the same warehouse pumping out the same product built around the commercialization of struggle and a caricature of a people since the beginning. Pay no attention to the symbolism of the white horse running across the backdrop, we dancin’.

as stated above

if it was relatable to you that may say more about the type of school you went to than anyone being blind to it

kids around my way rocked knock off gear proudly
got it from what they called the G Shop

couples would rock matching fake outfits and everything.....no one cared

ive seen a few get chastized for it but most were confused as to the difference between the real vs fake

but hey, use that broad brush if you choose to
Yea I feel u ...around my way u could get made fun of for rockin something crazy or wild fake but it wasn’t really that serious...where I’m from you had to really think before roasting someone cuz it would ALWAYS end in a fight....everybody was swinging on someone no matter how uncool, nerdy or soft they seemed :lol:

You don't understand tho... my generation wasn't soft like that. Nobody ever committed suicide over bullying. How else could I relate to this episode?
Well as mentioned I related to the other stuff.

Even if we talking about mental issues I can relate just off dealing with stress, oppression and the struggle.

Its just the suicide threw me off. I don't know anyone that committed that especially in that age range.

The other stuff about materialism, what black youth and black ppl in general put value in, mental issues, the difference with the white kid, etc.

Well as mentioned I related to the other stuff.

Even if we talking about mental issues I can relate just off dealing with stress, oppression and the struggle.

Its just the suicide threw me off. I don't know anyone that committed that especially in that age range.

The other stuff about materialism, what black youth and black ppl in general put value in, mental issues, the difference with the white kid, etc.

I get it. It just seems like ppl are harping on that part, like kids used to be that much different, and they couldn't understand how the **** could happen. I know when I was in school they used to tell us about the suicide hotline quite a bit. I'm sure they weren't pubbing that for no reason

Clothes were too serious. But what I realize is that all of that is gone now. All the hip hop artist wear designer now. Long gone are the fubu denim suit, avirex jacket durag under fitted cap era days. Especially in the south before the internet anf phones people were really into urban magazines and urban fashion. Back when Tommy was bigger than polo. Clothes were a big deal. Literally went to school with a click of kids that exclusively wore Tommy Hilfiger everything. School yearbooks had best dressed categories for each class. Really different times man.

I remember I had a fake Polo shirt that I didn't realize was fake until a kid in class asked me about it. I realized later it was fake :smh: Luckily he didn't check my tag and he had seen I had real Polo shirts in the past.

Throughout my school years I've never heard of a kid committing suicide. Everybody joned on everybody. Some kids got it worse if they ain't know how to take it. Kids would get jumped if you was too sensitive.

I remember this girl I was feeling in 5th grade passed me a note in class that said "you gotta have money if you want to be with me"....then she got on a dusty yellow bus to go home

The days when "Bill, Bills, Bills" and "No Scrubs" was dominating the box. :lol:

Last edited:
Good times.

I remember we use to take rap singles and change them to reflect our ghetto poor ways.

Changed Stay Fly to Stay Poor

tumblr_ls1xvauL0s1qiebmoo3_250.gif

I remember I had a fake Polo shirt that I didn't realize was fake until a kid in class asked me about it. I realized later it was fake :smh: Luckily he didn't check my tag and he had seen I had real Polo shirts in the past.

Bro, I had a Ralph Lauren’s CHAPS shirt. I swore I was super fresh.

Until I was told, “you Coulda Had A Polo Shirt’ (CHAPS).

The whole school was on my *** that day.

:lol:

Throughout my school years I've never heard of a kid committing suicide. Everybody joned on everybody. Some kids got it worse if they ain't know how to take it. Kids would get jumped if you was too sensitive.

Damn. We just used to laugh at the ones who couldn't take it. Jumping them tho? Yeeesh... You sure none of them committed that?

From bout 2001 and after, if you was wearing a champion jersey you got cooked.

Yeah, I'm sure during the Fab Mitchell & Ness era it was like that. I couldn't imagine going to my parents asking them for a $250 jersey.

I wonder how many kids started hustling or just stopped going to school throughout the years because they didn't have it or wanting to be envied.

Damn. We just used to laugh at the ones who couldn't take it. Jumping them tho? Yeeesh... You sure none of them committed that?
I remember a kid had to change schools. That's just how it was. When you moved to certain part of town kids would test you with jokes or fighting. If you joked back and fought back you was cool.

I remember in elementary school my class made a teacher quit, kids was so bad. My elementary school days was wild. Me and friends got harassed by a cop and won a lawsuit. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure during the Fab Mitchell & Ness era it was like that. I couldn't imagine going to my parents asking them for a $250 jersey. I wonder how many kids started hustling or just stopped going to school throughout the years because they didn't have it or wanting to be envied.

You had to at least have a Nike swingman.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom