FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

i don't think yall have to know someone who killed themselves to relate to this episode
i think the overall themes of the episode are very relatable
we've all been teased and made fun of

bullying
self esteem issues
mental issues
familyenvironment being a huge factor in a childs education

i think a really important scene in this episode that got overlooked was when earn was all stressed out about his jersey and the white kid was like, "who cares? I wore this shirt 2 times this week."
shows a stark contrast from such an early age the differences between black youth and white youth

You don't understand tho... my generation wasn't soft like that. Nobody ever committed suicide over bullying. How else could I relate to this episode?

You don't understand tho... my generation wasn't soft like that. Nobody ever committed suicide over bullying. How else could I relate to this episode?
This. I related to the episode though because we all used to clown on each others gear.

the whole beat and background vocals are def african inspired

Also you can even see he’s doing some cultural dances :emoji_thinking:

21 and young thug Adlibs :lol:

Video crazy dope....

There are always such subtle clues in each episode that make me appreciate the show even more...

- Young Paperboi going through lockers looking for more stuff to sell :lol:
- Denisha, and her use of medication affecting her mood and behavior. I thought it was a stretch, until I saw the teacher saying "we talked about this during the conference."
- The lack of empathy surrounding middle school (And throughout the ethos of the show, which subsequently creates every problem that occurs) Devon tried to put Earn on the spot for having the fake shirt, even when he was going through his emotions. Earn and Al attempting to put it on Devon in an attempt to keep Earn's social status, and the strain of bullying to a bare minimum.

This season has raised the bar so much higher. I love how they flipped the script of Earn and Al's characters between the first and second season. Earn went from the nucleus of the group with vision and a sense of responsibility, to becoming too much of a risk taker, putting too much chips on the table for the sake of pride. Al went from being impulsive and forceful, to becoming more pensive, making him wonder where is the line between his name and his rap persona. It even shows how each character has an effect on the collective; Earn's calculated thinking often makes those around him feel used, and unsupported. Al's explosiveness, and apparent potential makes him a natural magnet to danger and dependency.

I think it's easy to look at Earn as the main problem of the group; he's clumsy, unimposing, and this season has blurred the line of who he's trying to be successful for. But at the end of the day every character is attempting to do the most with the least. To assume that Earn is JUST those things, would be similar to assuming that Al is just a ruthless criminal, and not an introspective being, trying to be successful while still being close to the very same environment that can harm him at any given moment.

I would assume the writers are trying to make the point similar to Seinfeld; that while all the characters have potential for greater things, they make decisions that are at the detriment to themselves. Super excited for the finale. Hope Earn, Van and Al get it right. Also...

Is it wrong for me to hope that Earn pushes Tracy's wave cap back with the Gold Gun? :lol::smh::nerd::evil::angry:

There are always such subtle clues in each episode that make me appreciate the show even more...

- Young Paperboi going through lockers looking for more stuff to sell :lol:
- Denisha, and her use of medication affecting her mood and behavior. I thought it was a stretch, until I saw the teacher saying "we talked about this during the conference."
- The lack of empathy surrounding middle school (And throughout the ethos of the show, which subsequently creates every problem that occurs) Devon tried to put Earn on the spot for having the fake shirt, even when he was going through his emotions. Earn and Al attempting to put it on Devon in an attempt to keep Earn's social status, and the strain of bullying to a bare minimum.

This season has raised the bar so much higher. I love how they flipped the script of Earn and Al's characters between the first and second season. Earn went from the nucleus of the group with vision and a sense of responsibility, to becoming too much of a risk taker, putting too much chips on the table for the sake of pride. Al went from being impulsive and forceful, to becoming more pensive, making him wonder where is the line between his name and his rap persona. It even shows how each character has an effect on the collective; Earn's calculated thinking often makes those around him feel used, and unsupported. Al's explosiveness, and apparent potential makes him a natural magnet to danger and dependency.

I think it's easy to look at Earn as the main problem of the group; he's clumsy, unimposing, and this season has blurred the line of who he's trying to be successful for. But at the end of the day every character is attempting to do the most with the least. To assume that Earn is JUST those things, would be similar to assuming that Al is just a ruthless criminal, and not an introspective being, trying to be successful while still being close to the very same environment that can harm him at any given moment.

I would assume the writers are trying to make the point similar to Seinfeld; that while all the characters have potential for greater things, they make decisions that are at the detriment to themselves. Super excited for the finale. Hope Earn, Van and Al get it right. Also...

Is it wrong for me to hope that Earn pushes Tracy's wave cap back with the Gold Gun? :lol::smh::nerd::evil::angry:
Tracy is my third favorite character behind Bibby and Alligator man lol

yeah, im standing in the cant relate line too

i lived in a poor area so hella kids wore fake gear, it really wasnt a big deal

teasing went on but nothing on that level checking tags and ****

as stated above

if it was relatable to you that may say more about the type of school you went to than anyone being blind to it

kids around my way rocked knock off gear proudly
got it from what they called the G Shop

couples would rock matching fake outfits and everything.....no one cared

ive seen a few get chastized for it but most were confused as to the difference between the real vs fake

but hey, use that broad brush if you choose to

I can relate with his episode all too well tbh, all the way down to the white kid that didn’t understand. I was that kid with 4 shirts and 3 pair of pants, all basic concepts from the BX. That and other things, I would get it bad, at all the schools I went to till the 11th grade. It was the worst in the 10th grade. I was skipping school just to not get roasted. I did a lot of crying alone in my room, but I don’t think I ever really considered suicide. I mean my parents didn’t divorce until my senior year. By that time I had a job and, for the most part, I could buy my own clothes.

Smh. Sometimes you have to look past the surface to get the whole message.

I can relate with his episode all too well tbh, all the way down to the white kid that didn’t understand. I was that kid with 4 shirts and 3 pair of pants, all basic concepts from the BX. That and other things, I would get it bad, at all the schools I went to till the 11th grade. It was the worst in the 10th grade. I was skipping school just to not get roasted. I did a lot of crying alone in my room, but I don’t think I ever really considered suicide. I mean my parents didn’t divorce until my senior year. By that time I had a job and, for the most part, I could buy my own clothes.

19E1C77C-DDDF-47B3-ACCB-68439232B730.gif

the whole beat and background vocals are def african inspired

Also you can even see he’s doing some cultural dances :emoji_thinking:

21 and young thug Adlibs :lol:

Video crazy dope....

Peeped this too. Definitely gave me Fela Kuti vibes during his first SNL performance.

There's been a discussion on what constitutes musical genius on NT lately, guy on the guitar, Ludwig Goransson is a prime candidate.
Thought I was bugging when I saw him. Dude’s done so much already. That BP score actually made me go back and listen before I knew who he was.

Seems like Donald keeps him and Hiro Murai closeby. Wild how much talent there is in that group.

like the score or the beats on the album?

didnt see it yet so idk if they had actual score or he just EPed the songs on the album with kendick

binge watching all but the first episode in the last 48 hours. kind of glad i missed almost the entire season

Back
Top Bottom