FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

I thought he said Marshals int he episode? Wgen Earn mom said the chips were by the jeans, socks and other snacks lmao. Sound like a Marshalls/ Ross

Also boys used to get flamed for wearing polo asssn.

I do remember the kids from divorced families used to always have the fresh gear in school. Knew one kid his dad bought him a new outfit and j's every 2 weeks smh. To think i would wish my folks was separated so i could get better gear smh

I was rollin when they said other guys dad was in his 30s so he always had fresh gear :rofl:

It most def was one of those. I recently went to Ross for an exercise mat and they sell everything you can think of :lol:

He performed 2 new songs tonight. "Saturday" and "This Is America". New album out this year?

Dude is reeeeeaallly doing it this year. Atlanta Season 2, Solo, tour and possible new album.

Last edited:
I mean kids are brutal, especially in middle school. They don’t know when to stop. You’d get roasted for your clothes in a heartbeat. The ****** up part about it is, none of them have any control over it. Ol girl talking about she don’t like broke ******. ALL y’all broke tho. :lol:

I remember this girl I was feeling in 5th grade passed me a note in class that said "you gotta have money if you want to be with me"....then she got on a dusty yellow bus to go home
dead.png

That video is heavy man.

"You just a black man in this world, you just a bar code"

Choir scene seemed like a Charleston reference.

Hope the album follows a theme. That would be a wild intro.

That video is heavy man.

"You just a black man in this world, you just a bar code"

Choir scene seemed like a Charleston reference.

Hope the album follows a theme. That would be a wild intro.
Yeah the choir getting mowed right into "This is America" is heavy.

im surprised ppl cant relate to this episode or the suicide

like theres a whole show on netflix about a little white girl that killed herself

but thats how it is for us black folks, its never understood what we go thru when it comes to stuff like this

andi think whats being overlooked is that the kids parents were getting divorced

that jersey was likely a gift from his father like to make him not feel so bad about it

then he goes to school and gets clowned on for wearing a fake

like i dont think the suicide stemmed entirely from bullying but depression and probably feelings of he's the reason why his parents were divorcing

It also wasn't just about the suicide. It was a commentary on black materialism and how our culture places so much value on clothing and brands. That was a major catalyst as to why that kid killed himself. The idea of having to dress nice for no real reason aside from impressing people that don't matter. Even if you're dressed nice you will still be crucified for wearing a seemingly fake item. It shouldn't matter but it does and the idea has been fed to us for generations. I was the kid that grew up with payless and Walmart gear and I got made fun of a lot add being fat, nerdy, and lightskin so people already assuming I'm a punching bag. Got real witty and educated then flipped it on them dudes that were f**kin with me, made them look like dummies for caring what about what I be on. The whole entire episode I was hoping that there'd be a moment of companionship between the two but that's not how it went down. It was crabs in a bucket both pulling each other down and nothing was learned by the characters. A life could of been saved if people put their egos aside and just tried to communicate.

Last edited:
I thought he said Marshals int he episode? Wgen Earn mom said the chips were by the jeans, socks and other snacks lmao. Sound like a Marshalls/ Ross

Also boys used to get flamed for wearing polo asssn.

I do remember the kids from divorced families used to always have the fresh gear in school. Knew one kid his dad bought him a new outfit and j's every 2 weeks smh. To think i would wish my folks was separated so i could get better gear smh

I was rollin when they said other guys dad was in his 30s so he always had fresh gear :rofl:

I went to buy new polos for work the other day. I dont consider myself materialistic, but i know the polo stitch has to be right when buying the polo.. lol

But i wear wal mart cargos, and buy 50 dollar special shoe on finishline, etc.. im the type that wants my savings to be dope, while i use little to no money for clothes. hated how the critique that gabby douglas chick with the wild hair, they totally missed the fact that she won gold medals, and was worried about how she looked. like really.

Reactions: wr
yeah, im standing in the cant relate line too

i lived in a poor area so hella kids wore fake gear, it really wasnt a big deal

teasing went on but nothing on that level checking tags and ****

Glover's subtle references to social commentary is second to none.

Referencing the Filipino kid as "Chinese"

Ol' boy talking about wearing the same shirt 2x in the same week

etc. etc.

Can't stress it enough as to how brilliant I think Donald Glover is as a writer. He's amazing.

Also, I was :rofl: at dude talking about 4-stripe Adidas :lol:

I like how the throwback really showed how not much has changed in the Ern/Al dynamic.

Ern is SO smart, we saw a glimpse of this when he was doing his lab project with his partner. Paperboi, all the street smarts - we saw this when he threw it back at the principal, even when he KNEW he was in the wrong about the graphing calculator, was hilarious.

In addition, to this day, Ern STILL can't stand up for himself. We've seen it time and time again where he's in situations where he just cowers. That's just who he is. The one time he did try, he got his *** beat by Tracy. It's going to be interesting to see how the season finale wraps everything up for this season and sets up the next.

i don't think yall have to know someone who killed themselves to relate to this episode
i think the overall themes of the episode are very relatable
we've all been teased and made fun of

bullying
self esteem issues
mental issues
familyenvironment being a huge factor in a childs education

i think a really important scene in this episode that got overlooked was when earn was all stressed out about his jersey and the white kid was like, "who cares? I wore this shirt 2 times this week."
shows a stark contrast from such an early age the differences between black youth and white youth

i don't think yall have to know someone who killed themselves to relate to this episode

bullying
self esteem issues
mental issues

i think a really important scene in this episode that got overlooked was when earn was all stressed out about his jersey and the white kid was like, "who cares? I wore this shirt 2 times this week."
shows a stark contrast from such an early age the differences between black youth and white youth

The white kid made the most sense in that little exchange imho.

bullying
self esteem issues
mental issues

It really is relatable, down to dudes in here not seeing the mental issues around them saying they never saw any of that, which I think was part of the point in regards to the black community. I'm glad there's like an awakening and more concern about mental health in our community now, which realistically I feel every black person in America should pay attention to.

This was a good watch on the topic

Back
Top Bottom