FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Along the same lines if the Donald Glover hate from a couple pages back. Sites like theshaderoom and ybf make a living pitting black men and women against one another

Man if this wasnt how school was lol. From the pizza to the joning. Episode on point
Man damn, it was until this ending.

The **** is that. Child suicide due to bullying? Not saying no one can relate but that slapped me right out of the nostalgia.

Fights, getting shot, gangs, girls getting pregnant, death due to sickness, etc.

Ending with If I Ruled the World didn't even lift me up.

Update on my binge: Yo this ***** Teddy Perkins trippin

EDIT: the **** was this episode bruh
it was a take on michael jackson and for donald glover to get his eddie murphy on

incase you didnt know donald glover was teddy perkins in whiteface

I mean kids are brutal, especially in middle school. They don’t know when to stop. You’d get roasted for your clothes in a heartbeat. The ****** up part about it is, none of them have any control over it. Ol girl talking about she don’t like broke ******. ALL y’all broke tho. :lol:

Class of ‘98.

Most of the stuff you listed was my era :lol:

I’m curious to know what year he was for that stuff to be a “no fly zone”. If was after maybe 01 at the latest, then yea.. that stuff was past its relevance.

it was a take on michael jackson and for donald glover to get his eddie murphy on

incase you didnt know donald glover was teddy perkins in whiteface

Yea I caught the MJ stuff I meant it more in the that was some wild **** in general :lol: such a different tone from other episodes in the show was dope.

But I didnt know that was Donald playing Teddy :rofl::rofl:

Related to allll of this, except this was more 8/9th grade for me. I still remember my first day for too... Navy rocawear shirt with the gold logo on it and some phat farm jeans. Man I thought I was killing if haha...

Episode again was on point. I would have liked to see more or the childhood Earn/Al relationship but it definitely was on point.

I get it, but I don't get it. Everybody getting all depressed and emotional over the fact the episode ended in a suicide. What did y'all expect? I graduated HS in '03 and even I predicted that. Bullying and child suicide are a boiling point nowadays, so to make the show relevant to modern day, that had to be added in there. Back in my day (or at my school atleast) ishh like that got brushed off on the regular; bcuz 2 days later someone else was getting clowned for something else more recent that just happened.

I'm not saying it's not depressing, but in today's society, it's not surprising. It's just goes to show how real this show can be. Which makes it so dope...So relatable for so many ppl.

Maybe I'm desensitized to ishh like suicide bcuz of my experiences or maybe I'm just an a--hole, but I didn't feel any type of way watching this entire episode. Just enjoyed reminiscing on my childhood.

Last edited:
Like I said I can't relate.

Aint nobody in any of my schools all the way up to college committed suicide.

Back in my day (yeah I'm sounding washed #WarshedThread) the kids who got bullied either eventually snapped or had breakdowns. None of that take my life ****.

No way for me to telegraph that outcome.

The kid clowning on the fat teacher had me crying. Son said his underarms smell like ribs :rofl:

im surprised ppl cant relate to this episode or the suicide

like theres a whole show on netflix about a little white girl that killed herself

but thats how it is for us black folks, its never understood what we go thru when it comes to stuff like this

andi think whats being overlooked is that the kids parents were getting divorced

that jersey was likely a gift from his father like to make him not feel so bad about it

then he goes to school and gets clowned on for wearing a fake

like i dont think the suicide stemmed entirely from bullying but depression and probably feelings of he's the reason why his parents were divorcing

Last edited:
Like I said I can't relate.

Aint nobody in any of my schools all the way up to college committed suicide.

Back in my day (yeah I'm sounding washed #WarshedThread) the kids who got bullied either eventually snapped or had breakdowns. None of that take my life ****.

No way for me to telegraph that outcome.
yea back in the 80’s and 90’s kids werent killimg
themselves like that you either took your lumps or whooped a ****** *** until they respected you

i guess they threw that suicide in there to reflect on kids today

Yeah I don’t really relate to school suicides, and I went to a mostly colonizer middle school in the late 90s. I know the anti-bullying movement is a big thing now so I get why they put that in there (or maybe this is partly based on Gambino’s own life, I don’t know).

Back
Top Bottom