FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

episode sucked and they made van look like a bird

she had those slides at the end so i guess she got that drake pic tho

Skimming through this now, but this write up is from a guy who was on tour in '14 with Glover...it's VERY interesting. I came across it in reddit when going through the post-show discussion from Thursday.

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/in-depth/2014/05/being-angry-and-black-on-the-childish-gambino-tour

Being Angry and Black on the Childish Gambino Tour

Man...

Gotta think Donald Glover has a chip on his shoulder the size of a planet.

I always thought CG’s music was trash but I definitely respect his screenwriting and acting. Atlanta was a pleasant surprise when it came out. That’s the dope thing about a multi talented person. You might not rock with their music but you dig the acting.

I always thought CG’s music was trash but I definitely respect his screenwriting and acting. Atlanta was a pleasant surprise when it came out. That’s the dope thing about a multi talented person. You might not rock with their music but you dig the acting.
You ever heard this?
Childish-gambino-because-the-internet.gif

Yea, dudes are tripping :lol:

Thought it was a good ep. Definitely looked at it more of an episode about social media/fame than just about Van and her friends being "Thots". Hell, Van wasn't even really thotting. She saw a vid of her ex on the gram, and decided that she wanted to try to make him jealous by posting a pic with a celeb. As soon as she saw the video, she said to her friend "I need to get my IG poppin". Her sniffing the jacket thinking it was Drake's was a bit much, but there's chicks who would have done a lot worse :lol:

Then the lil bit about the black athletes always dating white women. Wasn't really done that well but it was funny, and valid.

All the girls paying for the pic with the cardboard cutout because they know that a picture with Drake will get their IG "popping". Everyone pretending that they're at a Drake mansion party, when the whole thing is fake, but like the chick said, "the public doesn't know that"

You may see it as Van wasn’t bopping or being a thot, but the eagerness she had to just “see” drake was thottish behavior. We haven’t seen her get that excited over her own baby daddy(which is mainly his fault by some of his actions) which in my opinion is a red flag if we are trying to go to the “bigger” picture view as your post suggest. Shorty would’ve bussed it wide open just to say she slept with drake :lol:. Groupies come in many shapes and both men and women wear the jersey. It’s the same as dudes taking pictures with famous people saying “Me and Bro” or Me and the Big Homie” :smh:.

Sista Soulja aka the the hating chick basically spoke what many black females have always said about professional or well to do black men, plus some of yalls GOAT Kanye referenced it on Gold Digger “When he get on he leave your A$& for a white girl”. I myself don’t care about interracial dating. To keep it 100 people should date who they like etc, regardless of color, but on both sides black women and white women, we have have numerous examples that have shown they seek out these “powerful” men for monetary gains or sometimes just the cache one of these men may have for selfish reasons, then they “learn” to love the guy etc. For example, we have all of these Housewife, Girlfriend, Love and and hip hop shows. Majority if not all of these chicks saw guys who were approaching or had potential to make a lot of money and gain noterity in their perspective fields right? You do realize it starts out the same way that Van acted on the episode. Girl just needs to get in the vacinity as the guy, guy chooses, smashes, is careless, a baby comes, she gets fed up with the cheating or realizes the money train is about to stop, hits homie with child support to continue funding her lifestyle, then when that runs dry to keep her “brand” hot, she joins a reality show with the hopes to be seen by another potential sucker. Rinse and repeat. :pimp: “The game is the game.”

This whole social media age just highlights that everyone is looking for validation from other folks period. With my fake philosophical hat on, it’s almost a microcosm of the world in general, it’s why people go into debt to to stunt on people, or to appear to being doing better than the next person. We are all self conscious about something, some more than others. Social media just highlights this vanity.

Last edited:
With the white woman when home girl approached/attacked (Glover arguing) her, she said she was with dude from jump when he was down and performing in community theater. The black chick retorted I ain’t got time for that.

I didn’t necessarily agree with that.

And freaking Darius existentialism philosophical madness lol.

Episode wasn’t that entertaining. Bibb has been the highlight episode.

Back
Top Bottom