FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

You guys probably touched on it....but peeling the layers of "Robbin' Season" on the surface is what it is. But in looking at the Michael Jackson and Teddy Perkins/Benny Hope parallels, I don't think anyone would deny that Jackson became who he was because was 100000% robbed of his childhood by Joe Jackson.

The brilliance of this show is on another level. Donald Glover is something else, man.

tumblr_p6r61z1pMz1x0bvwko4_540.gif

Last edited:
I definitely saw that and it made sense with Darius being under somewhat of a mask being a black dude in Atlanta but he's actually first generation American with Nigerian parents. I was waiting on them to incorporate tough African/Foreign parents into the show and it was executed well. Tackling the tough dad angle from sports, entertainment and making it in America. Darius is definitely an odd ball but was perfect for this episode. Definitely about sacrifice or being robbed of their youth to win at life.

You guys probably touched on it....but peeling the layers of "Robbin' Season" on the surface is what it is. But in looking at the Michael Jackson and Teddy Perkins/Benny Hope parallels, I don't think anyone would deny that Jackson became who he was because was 100000% robbed of his childhood by Joe Jackson.

The brilliance of this show is on another level. Donald Glover is something else, man.

i thought this was the common consensus of why although it was weird as hell and id never let anyone close to me who was young go near him, but you got why/how michael could hang around kids in a non sexual way. he never had a childhood.

This episode was ok. I got a Michael Jackson/tortured soul vibe soon as dude started talking about music. The killing at the end felt over the top and unrealistic. Think it woulda been better if more was explained cuz I still don't get who was Benny or Teddy or if dude in the wheel chair was really his father.

I get it's supposed to be deep but it was all over the place.

That same **** always happens.

Saw it go down with Chappelle Show. Most recently with Insecure. Its w/e.

Got me thinking about this song in a whole different way.

And Marvin Gaye's father killing Marvin makes me lean towards dude in the Wheel chair was his father.

Not sure if it's accurate but there were rumblings going around saying Marvin Gay Sr. was a crossdresser

and Wasn't "Ben" about a mouse?

Oddly enough my father was the one who first told me that Marvin Gaye was killed by his own father. He used to play that Marvin Gaye Motown Greatest Hits compilation all the time in the whip back in the day.

Yeah I think Teddy was setting up that home invasion plot from jump. Telling Darius "Take whatever you want." in the museum room, mentioning "Sam" possibly posting about the piano, moving the car to block him in.

Good episode and the MJ parallels! Surprised no one posted this
768847E3-9065-478C-A0DE-71C6768FF2AC.jpeg
First thing I thought of after the show ended and I thought back to when he was in the shadows at the beginning.

I really hope Donald, Stephen or Hiro talk about this episode in depth cause I need real answers because the theories are all over the place.

Where was blood from??

On Teddy’s hand from him trying to kill Benny. Teddy tried to kill him while Darius was up stairs by himself.

When Benny rolled up teddy said, “oh, Benny... you’re still alive?”

Back
Top Bottom