Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

i think these frags are dope AF and i wish i had a pair. and i do have the money to cop, but i just can't do it. as an OG (see: oldhead) in the game, i just can't see myself paying this much for some kicks that aren't made in italy. salute to those of u that did tho. i decided i'm no longer trying to be a willing participant in all this hype. it has to stop somewhere. the line for me has been drawn. again, dope shoe tho.

:pimp:

i think these frags are dope AF and i wish i had a pair. and i do have the money to cop, but i just can't do it. as an OG (see: oldhead) in the game, i just can't see myself paying this much for some kicks that aren't made in italy. salute to those of u that did tho. i decided i'm no longer trying to be a willing participant in all this hype. it has to stop somewhere. the line for me has been drawn. again, dope shoe tho.
Weren't you the one who got those custom made baron 1's?

If so, man those were FIYAH :pimp:

Only way I'd ever rock some baron 1's. 

thx man. yeah, that's me. i've yet to wear them. was gonna do it for this past bday, but i wound up no really doing much this year.
View media item 1349320View media item 1349321

yeah, they're JBFs. they were around double what frags are currently going for. bday gift to myself. normally i would never spend that on shoes, but i had a chance to design them myself and the quality, craftsmanship and materials are otherworldly.

View media item 1349325

not to jack the thread tho. back to the fragment beef...
1z3w5sp.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing useful going on here right now except the jbf talk :lol:. I see some alligator on them, I need to get me a pair done at some point. I'd probably do a white/pink aj1 high.

thx man. yeah, that's me. i've yet to wear them. was gonna do it for this past bday, but i wound up no really doing much this year.
NVM. My question was answered... I was looking at his work the other day. Crazy how talented he is. Well. This may sound like a dumb question but no experience with customizing. Obviously he takes the entire shoe apart. Does he use any original materials other than the sole or does he go over original material which seems cheesy to me if he did?

Last edited:
Good move man! Shadows are an ABSOLUTE must.

My personal favorite out of the trinity

$325 is a good price bruh. I pulled the trigger at $375 a little over a week ago and was very happy with the purchase. I could've returned to sender and saved about $75 but after having them in hand I didn't care about the money I could of saved anyways.

You wont regret the purchase, I promise you that :pimp:

yeah I think having a nice pair in hand tends to make the little bit of extra $$ spent an afterthought.. although I'm not one to regret any purchases really, I like to think that every decision I make is ultimately the best decision for myself. Sleep easier that way lol

Last edited:
Those JBF's are sooo sick, here are my favorite 1's he's done

View media item 1349327

this is the pair i also liked most and these are what i loosely based my pair off of as far as materials and placement.

[COLOR=#red]@antdon[/COLOR] he does not use any OG materials except for the mid/outsole. and honestly why would he? the OG materials are LESS THAN crap compared to what he uses. and also for the price, why wouldn't u want all premium, luxurious materials? that's the whole point of getting JBFs.

i knew i wanted 1s done, but i couldn't bring myself to alter my breds, black toes or shadows as i only have a pair each. also, i felt like barons were neutral colors that i could wear with more stuff.

Last edited:
But its become that though. I don't really have a problem with it. It is what it is.

Seriously, $800+ for some AJ1. AND CLIMBING. I never saw that coming.

I'm only referring to this whole "its the mold, height" talk. I think thats ludicrous, for the majority.

Whoa now. I said those were the reasons i liked the design of the shoe. I would have been extremely happy if they went for retail and were gr.

Black and whites saw very little hype and i have two pairs. Barons were the same, no hype two pairs. Friends & family no hype two pairs.

Again i buy jordan 1s because that is my favorite model. I like to see each pair in hand before i decide to keep.

Im not happy about what i paid for fragments, but it is what it is. I have the means to pay for it and i wanted them in my little collection so I bought them.

I realize that some people refuse to pay the high price. I respect that, but i didnt want to regret it in a year and see prices even higher.

And for the love of god if you are getting bent over us who are paying for a legit pair, go look at ebay where people are bidding $640 on a pair where the seller admits the pair is FAKE.

Last edited:
How does the ASW thing go? Do they simply do a raffle? Luckily I live in NYC!
nobody knows, although if they rerelease these I suppose they'll do a raffle. or maybe just fcfs them on the low.

SEEING HOW NYC IS PROBABLY THE MOST SHADIEST PLACE ON THE PLANET WHEN IT COMES TO ANYTHING SNEAKER RELATED, MY BET IS THAT THE FRAGS WILL RE-RELEASE AGAIN DURING ASW BUT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY DID.

I'm telling y'all people seem to think there's gonna be some massive restock on ASW :lol:

If the release was shady as hell at most places it'll be worse now that they know what they go for. Memphis is 100% right

Whoa now. I said those were the reasons i liked the design of the shoe. I would have been extremely happy if they went for retail and were gr.

Black and whites saw very little hype and i have two pairs. Barons were the same, no hype two pairs. Friends & family no hype two pairs.

Again i buy jordan 1s because that is my favorite model. I like to see each pair in hand before i decide to keep.

Im not happy about what i paid for fragments, but it is what it is. I have the means to pay for it and i wanted them in my little collection so I bought them.

I realize that some people refuse to pay the high price. I respect that, but i didnt want to regret it in a year and see prices even higher.

And for the love of god if you are getting bent over us who are paying for a legit pair, go look at ebay where people are bidding $640 on a pair where the seller admits the pair is FAKE.

my comments were not necessarily directed at you, personally. I was just saying for the MAJORITY, those who copped don't care about what you mentioned as to why these were so sought after. I think there truly are folks who copped and paid big money because of the mold and height, etc. BUT, i think the majority copped for one thing: EXCLUSIVE.

Thats all.

So this just happened, page monitor just went off as I was at the computer, hit on that doubletime, are people returning pairs or sthn, second time they restocked?  on a side note, didn't release that you get a countdown to checkout on sns - probably wouldn't have made it past checkout if not.

Back
Top Bottom