Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

I don't get why I get so much flame for paying $750 for a pair of Jordans?

It shouldn't matter what I pay $750 for, if that's the market price then guess what... it is what it is.

Hell in Canada I pay $4.5 a gallon for gas, in WA I pay $2.59 a Gallon and in Hong Kong $9 a gallon.... but that is what the price is....

It's not like I m getting ripped off and paying $3k for a pair that markets at $150.... its not like tons of people have these as well, as it is limited thats how the price goes up, guess there are not many people that understand supply and demand here.

Hell, my Bred,Royals,Slam Dunk, Shadows, and others were all over retail as well.... I did start buying jordans this year.... 

Last edited:
^^^ Like many have said already in the thread...it's your money spend it how you like...if your content with your purchase nothing else matters...congrats to all that got a pair however they got um...retail or not :lol:

it's all good!  if i struck out on retail or close to it, i would have went the resell route on this release right away

i had a back up plan for 550 & 600

work hard play hard! 

This guy & his irrelevant comparisons :lol:

How is it a reach? You're talking about Frags being hyped like SB Lebron's weren't. 

You said me talking about how many personals I picked up was irrelevant to the convo (when I used it as an example to a generalization I made :rolleyes ) & you bring up how you got your shoes for retail through the old cliche "I got a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy" :lol:

I'm done with debating you man because you clearly don't understand the concept of supply & demand.
What did I say was irrelevant? Me comparing car prices cause you want to excuse paying 3x the retail price and I'm trying to show you outside of kicks people will laugh at you for doing that like I did?
Then you talk about the kicks in my avi like you know how I got them? Again sorry if you one of the dudes that pay extra for nikes cause you simply need to have them, that's some female ish right there. I just move on to the next.
Again you would've never known how I got my lebrons in my avi if you ain't bring that up for no apparent reason.

Man I laughed at a guy for paying $750 and yal want to flame because I found that funny? Now I'm either salty cause I missed them and wanted them or I can't afford to pay $750?? Lol YAL is too much

Team money boyz checking in. I paid so I can play. Nuff said. Word to frag boyz on ig. Bred 2013 1s plus 150 for frags winning?

For those of you still on the borderline of 1k resell price, hopefully these pics will assist your decision.

See pic below for condition... in similar quality: Fragment, Blk/Wht, Shadow  (left to right)

Differences for fragment:
  • Tongue reconstruct (more padding).
  • Toe and back shape redefine (more OG form, yes similar to the old 94 or 85).
  • Leather is a bit soft, if Blk/White or Shadow is 8/10 for softness then Fragment is 8.5 or 9/10.
  • Size tag is re-located on the side (similar to SB), no longer located on middle tongue like previous NA treatment.
  • I didn't include Royal because Royal quality is not better than these 3.
  • Bred is not any better neither.
  • Didn't include "qualified" Vegas because it's not NA treatment.
  • Jeters aren't that great neither.
  • NYC is not apple2apple comparison.  NYC lost to gym red in term of quality.
Frament ^

Black/White ^

Shadow ^
It has been great for the last 2 years of retro 1.
View media item 1335078
Nice comparison.... 

Repped! 
Man I laughed at a guy for paying $750 and yal want to flame because I found that funny? Now I'm either salty cause I missed them and wanted them or I can't afford to pay $750?? Lol YAL is too much
I laughing with you...

Half these dudes only copping for $750 because its the thing to do.... 

#nuffsaid

roll.gif

Last edited:
I don't get why I get so much flame for paying $750 for a pair of Jordans?

It shouldn't matter what I pay $750 for, if that's the market price then guess what... it is what it is.

Hell in Canada I pay $4.5 a gallon for gas, in WA I pay $2.59 a Gallon and in Hong Kong $9 a gallon.... but that is what the price is....

It's not like I m getting ripped off and paying $3k for a pair that markets at $150.... its not like tons of people have these as well, as it is limited thats how the price goes up, guess there are not many people that understand supply and demand here.

Hell, my Bred,Royals,Slam Dunk, Shadows, and others were all over retail as well.... I did start buying jordans this year.... 

I think what got some peoples panties in a bunch was what you said. You were PROUD to pay 4x's retail. But its your money, so if you're proud, so be it.

I'm the king of paying resell on the majority of my shoes. I don't buy every release (not even close), but when I do, I don't have the time to jump through hoops to cop shoes. I rather pay $250 and not deal with the hassle. Infrareds was the first pair i paid retail in a long time. I also don't cop junk like Legend Blues.

But am I happy about it, or proud to pay resell?? Nope. It disappoints me when I have to continue to pay resell, but it is what it is. But what i am happy about is I don't have to waste my time to go sign up for raffles or whatever it takes to get shoes these days. My time with my wife and kids > all that nonsense to cop shoes.

I just think your statement of copping $1500 on 2 pairs of AJ1, when in reality, is just a limited shoe and a nice cw, and not much else, rubbed some the wrong way. Maybe I'm reading into it wrong, but thats really what I felt when i saw your post an hour ago. I could have easily copped a pair for $750+, but I think i would have resented the shoes afterwards, because i don't think its worth the price tag. But thats my opinion on the shoe. These just have 0 meaning to me, albeit a nice cw.

**Shrug**

Enjoy your pears. I hope you wear the hell out of them!

What did I say was irrelevant? Me comparing car prices cause you want to excuse paying 3x the retail price and I'm trying to show you outside of kicks people will laugh at you for doing that like I did?
Then you talk about the kicks in my avi like you know how I got them? Again sorry if you one of the dudes that pay extra for nikes cause you simply need to have them, that's some female ish right there. I just move on to the next.
Again you would've never known how I got my lebrons in my avi if you ain't bring that up for no apparent reason.
You're comparing apples to oranges dog 
laugh.gif

No one said anything about how you got your shoes nor do I care. If you're reading comprehension was up to par you'd understand that I brought up your shoes because you said frags are hype shoes like those SB Lebron's aren't.

You're comparing apples to oranges dog :lol:

No one said anything about how you got your shoes nor do I care. If you're reading comprehension was up to par you'd understand that I brought up your shoes because you said frags are hype shoes like those SB Lebron's aren't.

he just isn't getting it. You;re talking to a wall. Let him keep comparing it to a Mercedes. Sometimes you just have to tap out because you;re talking different languages

When you pay over retail for a sneaker who are you trying to fit in with?
this is what I am trying to figure out, i don't respond to most negative post but this is honestly one of the most idiotic post I have ever seen. I tend to give most people benefit of the doubt but if i have ever seen a "hater" it is truely this guy.

For those of you still on the borderline of 1k resell price, hopefully these pics will assist your decision.

See pic below for condition... in similar quality: Fragment, Blk/Wht, Shadow  (left to right)

Differences for fragment:
  • Tongue reconstruct (more padding).
  • Toe and back shape redefine (more OG form, yes similar to the old 94 or 85).
  • Leather is a bit soft, if Blk/White or Shadow is 8/10 for softness then Fragment is 8.5 or 9/10.
  • Size tag is re-located on the side (similar to SB), no longer located on middle tongue like previous NA treatment.
  • I didn't include Royal because Royal quality is not better than these 3.
  • Bred is not any better neither.
  • Didn't include "qualified" Vegas because it's not NA treatment.
  • Jeters aren't that great neither.
  • NYC is not apple2apple comparison.  NYC lost to gym red in term of quality.

View media item 1335043

View media item 1335044
Frament ^

View media item 1335045
Black/White ^

View media item 1335046
Shadow ^

It has been great for the last 2 years of retro 1.
View media item 1335078

Would it make sense to trade a pair of 2013 Breds + $100 for a pair of frags?

I guess you can look at it like this paying resell for the Frags.  If your favorite team is playing in a championship game and you actually wanted to go to the game.  You probably not going to find a ticket for face value, so you have to go to the secondhand market.  Prices from those ticket brokers are 2X to 3X the face value.  Gotta pay to play.  The same goes for kicks I guess.
hell no!

Watch that ish on my couch for free, grab the beer and food and be just as happy when we win or equally disappointed when we lose :lol:

Back
Top Bottom