FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Darn they closed down. Was called Mekong Buffet in San Jose.
Damn just checked this out on yelp. Vietnamese buffet is wild to me. Never had that. There’s always your typical Chinese or Korean buffet. Would’ve loved to try it since it’s in my area.
87355BAD-D6A2-4C3B-9B94-DB72A90DFAC2.jpeg
8A02F442-8BE8-485A-BCB4-7A9A2AAC6858.jpeg
Garden catering. Best nuggest ever.
Recipe/info on the chicken up top?

Tried a Filipino buffet. Was stuffed after two plates. I usually can eat more than that at a Chinese/American buffet. Their fried chicken is dry as heck. Kare kare was heavy in peanut butter (someone correct me if it doesnt have peanut butter in it I for sure tasted it), The beef was soft, too tender that was kinda weird like it's not beef. Their fried rice and mango salad were good. Sisig was okay kinda sour. They had a coconut and cane sugar drink I had couple cups so that filled me up too. Ended it with a corn dessert and some gelatin
20180720_164717.jpg
20180720_170051.jpg

20180720_173000.jpg
“Everybody’s cafe”?

What are ya'll getting on DC for? oven jerk clearly doesn't hold a candle to the grill version. Doesn't mean it's not good if seasoned right.

Made a Mudcake Slice with Chocolate Gnache Icing. Cakes moist, and the icing is rich as n not overlly sweet as i used but more cocoa n less sugar then usual.
Family bday was enjoyed by everyone which is good too hear due to never making tis myself istead i buy it like the lazy man i am
And its gluten free n vegan! ( this is for sisters birthday so cos she's vegan and she is gluten intolerant I had to make it for her this way, the recipe I followed is awesome though)
IMG_20180804_161402_157.jpg
IMG_20180804_161511_875.jpg
IMG_20180804_161253_237.jpg

Last edited:
Is that what was posted? Can't read or reaching?

Don't be a dumbass.

And yeah you're a ****ing weirdo :lol:

1. I know I am weird. I embrace it.

:rofl: @ jerk chicken in the oven.

This dude is so weird.
This is what I am referring to. I must be dumb because this, to me, says, "You are weird for embracing jerk chicken in the oven."

In THIS instance, there was no reason to call me weird.

But yea.

Last edited:
Are you sure you did it correctly ? Maybe you're too confident in your cooking skills ?
I wouldn't even waste my time making it in the oven

I have had plenty of jerk chicken made in the oven.

From individuals.
From restaurants.

It doesn't compare to grilled.

Really?

This is the comment I am referring to.

To me, it implies he feels I am endorsing Oven Jerk Chicken.

Which is why I am confused
oh idk. i checked back and when u originally quoted a few pages back it only had "so weird".

then when i checked back to the og post it said "this girl is so weird".

and now this quote says "dude is so weird".

i was responding to only seeing "so weird".

oh idk. i checked back and when u originally quoted a few pages back it only had "so weird".

Yea just trying to sift through his advances. That is all. He comes on strong at times

Last edited:
This is the actual post. I don't know why @ DC changing my post.

:rofl: @ jerk chicken in the oven.

This girl is so weird.
Dont know what's so confusing.

Maybe read it a 1000 times and rethink it.
This is what I am referring to. I must be dumb .
Yes. We can agree on that.

I edited my post once to be clear on who is weird. The other edits were dc quoting me and editing my post for some reason.

Doesnt sound like sifting through advances but just editing my post and claiming confusion.

This is the actual post. I don't know why @ DC changing my post.

Dont know what's so confusing.

Maybe read it a 1000 times and rethink it.

Yes. We can agree on that.

I edited my post once to be clear on who is weird. The other edits were dc quoting me and editing my post for some reason.

Doesnt sound like sifting through advances but just editing my post and claiming confusion.

I changed one pronoun.

I didn't change the content/context.

So yea, I stand by my statement.

Regardless of the pronoun being changed, what did you take he was trying to say/imply?

Your Top 5 list?

1. Federalist Pig
2. Monk's
3. Sibby's
4. Dude @ Gilbert's corner - dunno the name
5. Yummy Pig

Those are just the restaurants.....not even counting the folks that I personally know who do a much better job using their BGEs/Traeger's. The thing about the DC Area/NOVA (as you know,) folks take their BBQ VERY seriously.

I have only eaten yoyr #1.

It was good, didn't stand out to me when compared to other solid bbq spots in the area though

You like Mission?

Back
Top Bottom