FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Gonna be in DC next week, what y’all recommend? Best spot for mumbo sauce?
Go wherever man. Honestly. It is sold everywhere in the local Asian Carry-Outs.

5 Wings, Fried Hard
French Fries
Mumbo Sauce on the side, or on the chicken. Your choice

Which area will you be staying in?

Been on a jerk chicken rampage.

Best jerk in the east, possibly in the city. Island Spice.

IMG_20180801_173901.jpg
I see no smoke. Can't be the best jerk if it isn't cooked on the grill.

Went to Frank Pepe's in New Haven, and never have I ever more disappointed in my life. Touted as one of the best pizzerias in America and how their White Clam Pizza is the best pizza in America. I felt lied to and betrayed. Dominos has more flavor than their pies. I don't ever mind splurging but I hated paying the bill yesterday. I took pics, and it looks like it'd be good, but it just all goes downhill.

Went to Frank Pepe's in New Haven, and never have I ever more disappointed in my life. Touted as one of the best pizzerias in America and how their White Clam Pizza is the best pizza in America. I felt lied to and betrayed. Dominos has more flavor than their pies. I don't ever mind splurging but I hated paying the bill yesterday. I took pics, and it looks like it'd be good, but it just all goes downhill.

Wow really?
Seen that place on tv

Yikes. Never had any issue there. Or any of their locations I've been to for that matter.

Wow really?
Seen that place on tv
I went with a couple of buddies because they wanted to try, I had already been to the one in Yonkers, NY and didn't like it. So I thought to my self that maybe going to the original one in New Haven might be better. While eating my first slice, I was trying so hard to like it, I was saying oh no, this is good, and the more I ate it, the more upset I was knowing the drive, gas, and price of the pizza just for it to be really bad. I'd post a picture but I don't want to give anyone the impression that the place is any good, at least to me imo. Not sure how people talk it up the way they do but it's just not good.

Finished product:

unnamed-1.jpg

Chicken was cooked well. Breast meat is always gonna be comparably dry, but it was tender and well-seasoned. No issues with the asparagus. Decided to make a lemon dijon viniagrette with white wine vinegar and crushed red pepper flakes that worked really well with it. The garlic/chive mashed potatoes could have used some cream cheese to add to the flavor and mouthfeel, but still taste really nice given the confines of trying to make something remotely healthy.

Jerk chicken ain't made in the oven man.

Can't have the title of best and they aren't making it on the grill

Nope
Nope
Nope

Oven? :lol: ok man

Didn't see anyone outside with a grill so that's why I said indoors. Unless they cooked it all outside earlier. Either way, I stand by my statement.

If you ever come up here, peep it and give your review.

Feel like I'd definitely prefer from grill, but a good version could also be made in oven.

Oven? :lol: ok man

Didn't see anyone outside with a grill so that's why I said indoors. Unless they cooked it all outside earlier. Either way, I stand by my statement.

If you ever come up here, peep it and give your review.
you know DC likes her meats burnt

I don’t even use ketchup packets l tend request bbq sauce at whatever fast food establishment I go to.

Certain Ketchup brands contains high corn fructose syrup which I’m trying to eliminate from my lifestyle food choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom