FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Steering away from the comfort foods tonight to make something a little more healthy. Currently marinating some chicken breasts in a mix of dijon mustard, dill, sauteed shallots/garlic, lemon juice, and black pepper. Gonna bake them in the oven along with some roasted purple asparagus and garlic/chive mashed potatoes.

Pics to come if I don't blow it.

Steering away from the comfort foods tonight to make something a little more healthy. Currently marinating some chicken breasts in a mix of dijon mustard, dill, sauteed shallots/garlic, lemon juice, and black pepper. Gonna bake them in the oven along with some roasted purple asparagus and garlic/chive mashed potatoes.

Sounds absolutely delicious. Cooking up some turkey spaghetti tonight

How long do u bake them and what temp?

Chinese Buffet?

looks like a regular vermicilli bowl.

authentic mexican taco, step 1) need fresh hand made tortillas.
this.

Lunch for today
5B44B7FC-1D92-4010-BA8F-CBD1681C5CC1.jpeg

google pay on my watch or phone is clutch when i forget my wallet

i had money on me but i only wanted to use the cash i had... the 5 i used for mcdonalds and the other 12 i had left in cash will be used on my dry cleaning on Saturday :lol:

Last edited:

This sounds so good. Do you cover the pan with foil to keep the chicken breast moist or does it stay moist from the marinade?

Spicy Shrimp with glass noodles
IMG_20180729_144812-01.jpeg

Chicken Pad Thai
IMG_20180729_144827-01.jpeg

First time trying Sticky Rice w Mango, pretty good some what similar to arroz con leche
IMG_20180729_151659-01.jpeg

Just had this tonight, Turkey Provolone Sandwich from Costco, delicious.
IMG_20180731_190334-01.jpeg

That pad Thai and that sandwich looking :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire: might have to get a banh mi tonight or tomorrow

Anybody in here ever try PB2 or any other powdered peanut butter? Way less calorie dense so I might try some

I don’t know why but I get heartburn from peanut butter. My mom does too. Must be cause it’s fatty

Docs bbq is very popular and it's good
Jackson's southern kitchen too
Clifton seafood on decker
There's a bunch of international spots on decker Blvd, taqueria Guadalajara is my go to taco spot. It's cheap and it's authentic, hidden gem.
There's a Puerto Rican joint near there, la isla bonita...very good
Menkoi ramen house if you like ramen
Camon Japanese for sushi.
If you like Chinese buffets theyre all the same except the jasmine buffet on 2 notch. Sunday or dinner is a good time to go.
Danos pizza and the rosewood dairy bar on rosewood are straight
Dipratos for Italian
Old Chicago in the Vista is great for pizza
In 5 points pawleys front porch is very popular, was on diners drive ins and dives
Blue cactus down there too..its a Korean southern mash...
My man

Gonna be in DC next week, what y’all recommend? Best spot for mumbo sauce?

not sure about mumbo sauce cuz i never had it... wish i knew about it when i went to DC... but anyways 1 spot id recommend that NT put me on thats bangin in DC is old ebbitt grill :pimp:

Last edited:
I respect his hustle but Taco Mel was trash to me. His shrimp are tiny like the canned baby shrimps.

Curious, was this cooked indoors. Looks good btw.

How was it?

I really enjoyed it...was my first time having an apple cider vinegar drink...I'm going to grab the "concord grape-acai" tomorrow...didn't know they had so many different flavors

Back
Top Bottom