FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Not that I have it too often, but I think I'm officially over chipotle... had it today & it was very very meh... Don't think I'll ever go back again, at least for a long while.

I was like that for a while. Then I started going back and enjoying it. For me it depends on the specific spot.

Not that I have it too often, but I think I'm officially over chipotle... had it today & it was very very meh... Don't think I'll ever go back again, at least for a long while.

Chipotle is kinda like subway. You can eat it occasionally but eventually your gonna get sick of it and try something else across the street like Quiznos or blimpies.

Chipotle starts to taste the same after a while if its drenched in salsa. So I order it without the salsa just to get a different taste. Sometimes I get it with queso to switch it up.

Chipotle is solid.

I know what I am getting from them.

If I am out and there are a bunch of random fast food spots, it is them or Panera. Unless I want to be unhealthy and i would go to CFA and order a Grilled Sandwich

Chipotle starts to taste the same after a while if its drenched in salsa. So I order it without the salsa just to get a different taste. Sometimes I get it with queso to switch it up.

What I wonder is how their meat / proteins have no flavor.

See, I go in with minimal expectations.

Beans
RIce
Chicken/Steak
Spicy Salsa

Tortillas on the side; Smokey Chipotle Tabasco sauce for drizzles.

It is solid. Good flavor

Copped this out of curiosity. Was gonna make tacos. Heated it up for like 5 minutes, started laughing aloud and then just threw it all in the trash can. $6 down the drain. S**t looked, smelled and tasted VILE.

15389531.jpg
Yea, it looks horrible man. I swear, I was in a "Black Vegans" group on FB, just to get some ideas on making different dishes and the people in there were SO fully of it. One lady made some "tuna salad" with some tofu and sunflower seeds and everyone was commenting, "Ahh, that sounds so good." Group was full of it man

If I was vegetarian then eating those meat substitutes and fake meat would just make me want to eat the real stuff again.

This restaurant on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives did make some that looked good but the process to make fake meat required so many ingredients and steps to make.

I've been to Chipotle once in my life and it was extremely bland.

Lotta stuff, but alotta bland stuff.

Shame how hard Chipotle fell off, **** used to be so damn good

Past few times I've gone the quality just isnt there anymore, last time i went was when that queso was introduced and it was straight up disgusting imo

Theres a spot by me opening up soon called Jimboys Tacos, anyone been?

I've been feening to try Jimboy's but it's little bit out of the way. They need to expand to more Bay Area locations. They opened up one in Huntington Beach recently.

I've been feening to try Jimboy's but it's little bit out of the way. They need to expand to more Bay Area locations. They opened up one in Huntington Beach recently.

Yeah I'm tempted to hit the HB location up, the Irvine location one is right by me but its said "coming soon" for months now :lol:

Also, I'd much rather have Chronic Tacos any day of the week over Chipotle

I get Chipotle a couple times a month. Solid to me. I always know what I'm getting. Don't expect too much out of it.

There are other legit taco spots that I frequent as well.

Different experiences.

Yea, once he gets around his friends at school you know he will give in to the fat American eating waya, so it is good you are giving him a solid base

Yeah it’s possible but most his friends now us moms cook similar. So maybe there’s hope.

Yeah it’s possible but most his friends now us moms cook similar. So maybe there’s hope.
Yep that's the other thing to think about.

This generation of kids has parents who have had clean eating and whatnot in their life for a while now, more so than any of the parents of kids before. Bound to get impressed upon the children.

Obviously it won't apply to everybody though.

Back
Top Bottom