FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Broken rice with short ribs and fried shrimp cake, sunny side up egg. (Com Tam Thuan Khieu)

Rice paper stuffed with pork and mushrooms, etc. Topped with bean sprouts, fried sweet potatoes and green bean cake. (Banh cuon Tay Ho)

Vietnamese crepes. Beer battered shell stuffed with bean sprouts, shrimp, pork, onions, served with fish sauce. (Banh Xeo)

Glutinous Rice cakes stuffed with mushrooms, pork, and other good stuff served on top of a fried rice cake. Served with fish sauce (Banh It Ram)

Grilled lemongrass beef on top of vermicelli with greens, pickled carrots and daikon and pineapple. Special sauce on the side(full of fermented crap). (Bun Bo Nuong)

Just a Vietnamese food dump for you guys. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Can't say I was impressed with them when I went to Off The Grid.

It looks way better than it tastes.

I think it might be because Off The Grid is usually rushed so they premake their stuff. I go when it just opens on Wednesdays in the North Beach and it's delicious. Maybe it's just me :lol:

tried eggslut a couple of weeks ago and it was great. just had the bacon, sausage, on over medium egg on brioche. my girl said she was going to get the **** so I didn't bother ordering it since I wanted to try it out and switched it to the avo burger when she ordered :smh:

what's worse is the day before, I told her we should go to eggslut for breakfast but she picked to go to Bruxie instead since it was closer, probably one of the worst meals I've had while I was in SoCal.

what I had from eggslut was pretty good and I was eating it driving down I-5 on the way back to the bay, would definitely love to try out the rest of their menu and sit down on the counter.

^ That lasagna looks incredible.

I've been playing 1-2 hours of soccer per day the the last 2 days so I decided to treat myself, :pimp: so damn good.

Yesterday, vegan cookie and cream cupcakes

Today, red velvet cookies and cream and peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes

No regrets :pimp:

^^:smokin

Dudes out in LA ever go to Zankou chicken? That garlic sauce with the chicken wrap is savory delicious. That's the one place I miss while I was in LA. I need to start posting in this thread.

Last edited:

Dudes out in LA ever go to Zankou chicken? That garlic sauce with the chicken wrap is savory delicious. That's the one place I miss while I was in LA. I need to start posting in this thread.

I saw this place on Curb Your Enthusiasm (funny *** episode) and have driven past it but I never had it.

I saw this place on Curb Your Enthusiasm (funny *** episode) and have driven past it but I never had it.

If you're ever near one I highly recommend it. Don't forget to the garlic sauce, it's what makes it :smokin

Back
Top Bottom