FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Sous vide is really cool but something about cooking in plastic make me hesitant.

I want a offset smoker, cold press juicer, dutch cast iron pot, food thermometer, kitchen aid mixer, instant pot, and a food scale.

I went from buying sneakers to cookbooks. I also use youtube a lot and a few accounts I follow on IG as inspiration.

What is the purpose of apple cider vinegar?
I use it to offset the Brown sugar in rubs. Mix it with some of your rub to mop during grilling/smoking

What appliances yall looking into getting in the near future?

I'm looking into a deep fryer that's not a pain to clean. And a joule sous vide. Really want the sous vide. Feel like itll be clutch.
The sous vide is clutch. I make a perfect medium rare steak or pork chops in that thing.

I can only see the amount of ***** that they're gonna run out of. 2 hours into, ain't not one patty in sight.

Gates open at 12pm. I'm normally online at 11:30am to avoid food selling out. Only downside to arriving early, some of the food is still cooking. By the time I leave the line is long as **** around the block.

There's not a ****load of chicken? Chicken prices crazy out here.
There are. In fact, I think the price of chicken wings have been really low for the past month or so.

Normally they're really pricey.

5875E570-F6D3-4806-BB25-86402716A8EA.jpeg

A euro and lemon potatoes for lunch

What appliances yall looking into getting in the near future?

I'm looking into a deep fryer that's not a pain to clean. And a joule sous vide. Really want the sous vide. Feel like itll be clutch.

Thought of buying a manual pasta roller but I probably would use it only once lol smh

Udon in tonkotsu concentrated broth in a packet I found in kitchen cabinet. Added hot dogs and cracked an egg into the broth as it was boiling. Not fancy but it hit the spot.
20180627_111319.jpg

In Orlando for vacay visiting my brother & his family. Forgot to take a bunch of pics but snapped a few from a place called Fred’s Cafe that has a buffet of southern cuisine. Surprised the fried chicken was done almost perfectly. Would’ve been perfect if it was seasoned a bit more.

1st plate was 2 thighs, rice & gravy, greens, & corn/cornbread soufflé.
8F4F0482-D326-4D18-936B-20C755AD6A93.jpeg

2nd plate was fried catfish, 1 chicken thigh, black eyed peas, okra, sweet potato mash, & more of the corn/cornbread soufflé.
37DB3105-22F2-4C71-A008-33C30C4DC49E.jpeg

I wanted sooo bad to get a third plate but I couldn’t do it. Couldn’t even get desert. I’ll try to remember to snap more pics while I’m here.

Trying to get some Korean food. Like jajangmyeon or Jjamppong.

Btw for me, fried chicken thighs are the best piece of chicken.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I've never had Popeyes?
Not entirely.

Depends how prevalent they are in your area dating back to when you were growing up.

I like Popeyes but I don't got out of my way for it. Convienence and price really despite having better fast food chicken than most.

Just the other day ihad the option of getting some cuz delievery was free. I still went with Wendy's.

Is it wrong that I've never had Popeyes?
Popeyes is like top 5 GOAT fast-food. Crazy addictive that’s why I call it crack head Food.

“Boy if you don’t come get some of this high cholesterol food, you missing out”

My Popeyes order was actually good, hood spots you gotta becareful cause they will serve you dark meat chicken. Which to me is gross.

Popeyes is like top 5 GOAT fast-food. Crazy addictive that’s why I call it crack head Food.

“Boy if you don’t come get some of this high cholesterol food, you missing out”

My Popeyes order was actually good, hood spots you gotta becareful cause they will serve you dark meat chicken. Which to me is gross.
What’s your go to order at Popeyes

In Orlando for vacay visiting my brother & his family. Forgot to take a bunch of pics but snapped a few from a place called Fred’s Cafe that has a buffet of southern cuisine. Surprised the fried chicken was done almost perfectly. Would’ve been perfect if it was seasoned a bit more.

1st plate was 2 thighs, rice & gravy, greens, & corn/cornbread soufflé.
8F4F0482-D326-4D18-936B-20C755AD6A93.jpeg

2nd plate was fried catfish, 1 chicken thigh, black eyed peas, okra, sweet potato mash, & more of the corn/cornbread soufflé.
37DB3105-22F2-4C71-A008-33C30C4DC49E.jpeg

I wanted sooo bad to get a third plate but I couldn’t do it. Couldn’t even get desert. I’ll try to remember to snap more pics while I’m here.

Trying to get some Korean food. Like jajangmyeon or Jjamppong.

Btw for me, fried chicken thighs are the best piece of chicken.

Chicken look real good.

Back
Top Bottom