FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I learned how to cook by watching cooking shows on tv. They never washed the meats so I didn’t. My parents never did either.
In the cooking shows everything is prep in and that process isn’t always shown, your suppose to rinse or wash your meats in cold or hot water.

Unless you from a 3rd world country and clean water isn’t abundant. But if you ain’t

Wash your meats B!

I drain my rice once it comes to a boiling point to remove the stratch from the water and put a fresh water once drained then boil it again.

my mom and dad does this so I followed suit.

Do you wash rice before cooking it?

I didn’t before. Then someone showed me to rinse it before turning on the rice cooker.

Don’t latino people just toast their rice in a pan before cooking it?

In the cooking shows everything is prep in and that process isn’t always shown, your suppose to rinse or wash your meats in cold or hot water.

Unless you from a 3rd world country and clean water isn’t abundant. But if you ain’t

Wash your meats B!

On food network they take the meat out the container and just cook it. No washing.

Wash your meats B!
Use some acid in thst wash/soak

I didn’t before. Then someone showed me to rinse it before turning on the rice cooker.

Don’t latino people just toast their rice in a pan before cooking it?

On food network they take the meat out the container and just cook it. No washing.
I learned the toasting method when I worked in a kitchen sone years ago. It supposedly cooks out the startches.

While that is being done, you should have you water/broth boiling in a separate saucepan

I do need to learn how to make Mexican style yellow rice with peas and carrots. Simple but so damn good.

For me personally I rinse and wash off my the meats I cook for myself. This is the way my mom’s does it so I follow her cultured way.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Found a Nigerian hole in the wall restaurant near my crib yesterday, they got suya meat for and other types of dishes. Will be there on the regular.:pimp:

Plus I messing with this West African chick who says she can cook. I’m gonna get fat this summer for sure.

I wash my meat with vinegar or lemon. Then I wipe everything down with Clorox wipes and bleach (bowls, sink, counter, and etc). It’s a process. Lol

F09CC951-5C31-4CC9-AC21-0A26F7639758.jpeg
8350B90D-D1DC-49B8-ADD0-6BA2CCC5E733.jpeg
37B8FD27-4F86-42A1-83CB-A95736EC9283.jpeg
758D273E-948D-4B1C-A483-A48758C3C001.jpeg
Yard house

Should have went to the African spot in Harlem for fish instead.

Last edited:
Wait dudes haven't been washing rice either?

Just straight up boil it or put it in the rice cooker? :smh:

Y'all should get a good look of the color the water does turn when you wash it (in any container) just to see.

I can hear my mom's voice just yelling make sure you wash that rice as a kid.

It's definitely not an inherent thing. Unless you just grew up eating mad amounts of rice.

Back
Top Bottom