FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Frozen grapes are delicious, especially during the hot summers.
Frozen fruit is just the way to go. Frozen Mangoes are very good, cut them up and freeze OR just buy them from Trader Joes.

Also, frozen bananas should always be kept in your freezer. I have a gallon zip lock bag of quartered bananas that I throw into smoothies, instead of dumb ice (water) that adds NO flavor to a smoothie.
Banana.jpg

Ate enough Beefs this month already. I rarely buy sausages, I planned on making Gumbo with those but they were just in the freezer and I didn't want to waste an open flame (Paul's)

Hol up is this summer school or a cookout?

If the latter, how did the recipients react?

I need to try this. My cousin use to eat cucumber and salt or tomatoes and salt.

Frozen grapes are delicious, especially during the hot summers.
My Mom is a tomatoes and just salt fan as a snack.
She is/was always very health conscious and growing up we rarely ate out. Moms was on that chart, protein, ONE starch and at the minimum one vegetable. Rice, corn, and potatoes were a starch, two would never hit our plates.
I think It made me a big fan of veggies, which I'm happy about when I see so many that don't like them.
I love frozen grapes.

I believe it. Baby boomers and their reckless spending habits smh
I just find it funny that people pay more for something that no one wanted back in the day. I like pointing it out when I can. I'm waiting to see my beloved neckbones and rice on a plate at a fancy restaurant.

I just find it funny that people pay more for something that no one wanted back in the day. I like pointing it out when I can. I'm waiting to see my beloved neckbones and rice on a plate at a fancy restaurant.
It’s different with grains and such, artisan and heirloom are interchangeable. I didn’t ask but those were more than likely stone ground, local grits. Can’t compare that to trash parts that were always readily available that have evolved into delicacies. All it takes is one good frost or hurricane for something to go extinct if you’re not paying attention.

grimeyy grimeyy

You ever try tdot jerk in PK? Had it yesterday while I was out there, it was on point. Basically a one man operation but he deals with it proper. I got the lunch special with a drink for $6.

Nah I havent. Gotta make a list of spots i gotta hit up :lol:

It’s different with grains and such, artisan and heirloom are interchangeable. I didn’t ask but those were more than likely stone ground, local grits. Can’t compare that to trash parts that were always readily available that have evolved into delicacies. All it takes is one good frost or hurricane for something to go extinct if you’re not paying attention.
Read my original post that was responded to. 70s and 80s ain't now.
Charging for grits.

Last edited:
My Mom is a tomatoes and just salt fan as a snack.
She is/was always very health conscious and growing up we rarely ate out. Moms was on that chart, protein, ONE starch and at the minimum one vegetable. Rice, corn, and potatoes were a starch, two would never hit our plates.
I think It made me a big fan of veggies, which I'm happy about when I see so many that don't like them.
I love frozen grapes.

Sound like my mom. She never eat out. Even now I feel weird bringing outside food in her house.

Read my original post that was responded to. 70s and 80s ain't now.
Charging for grits.
I feel the same way about parking. THe fact that we have to pay someone to put our car in a spot on a street.

Yea, Grits is a poor-man's food. Chargling $20 for a plate IS wild

Old school grits takes a minute to cook and they slap "artisan" on it. It does taste better than quick grits but not worth the cost in restaurants. Find a place that sells it and cook it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom