FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

See I wouldn't even know for a fact. Of all the ethnicities that get championed and mostly repped on the west, Caribbean aint one of them.

Probably outside of Cali, the Caribbean presence is more minimal I would say. It's interesting to see the differences in the places. I wish I knew how authentic of a dish would be rated because even something as simple as rice and peas differ from how I had it at a trinidadian spot compared to a jamaican spot.

Rich Chocolate Gnache Mudcake
And
Another haul of snacks. Its starting to build into a collection at this rate. I can't eat it all but I like spending money on crazy specials haha
(That Rum n Raisin Dark Chocolate is amazingly good. Its sweet due to the raisins so the chocolate just taste like normal milk.chocolate, but intense. I eat a square in between drinks if im on the Dark Rum)
IMG_20180623_164910_135.jpg
IMG_20180623_161546_655.jpg

Rich Chocolate Gnache Mudcake
And
Another haul of snacks. Its starting to build into a collection at this rate. I can't eat it all but I like spending money on crazy specials haha
(That Rum n Raisin Dark Chocolate is amazingly good. Its sweet due to the raisins so the chocolate just taste like normal milk.chocolate, but intense. I eat a square in between drinks if im on the Dark Rum)
IMG_20180623_164910_135.jpg
IMG_20180623_161546_655.jpg
Man seriously, do you finish all of this stuff? You be buying in BULK. You work at a Walgreens/CVS or something?

Cha cha chicken is good...but it’s not touching authentic Caribbean food. That plantain sauce is fire though. I wish I knew what it was.
Call and ask them.

Last edited:
Cha cha chicken is good...but it’s not touching authentic Caribbean food. That plantain sauce is fire though. I wish I knew what it was.

Man seriously, do you finish all of this stuff? You be buying in BULK. You work at a Walgreens/CVS or something?

Call and ask them.

Nah no.way FAM haha..I got a stockpile now..I've given some away on bdays etc. And I don't pay. I'm not gonna say no! Lol
I'm a professional taste tester

Followed this vid for breakfast today. No pic but came out :pimp: #TeamNoFlip

Real talk. I love fries/mayo combo.

Ive mastered the flip. Took a while but im shooting like 92%. I like the edges to be crispy yet still have that runny yolk.
So oil is essential.

Il try this method out when i do eggs benedict. That swirling in hot water **** is a mess

What's your process for making jerk chicken.

I have jerk seasoning at my house and chicken

Yeah I remember being told Oriental is used non derogatory for material things.

Man, dirty (the mod), told me that oriental was derogatory like 8-9 years ago. Havent used it since.

Oriental and mongoloid...smh @ myself and my teachers/professors.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican yall throw some brats on there? First pic looks like sausages. Second looks like hotdogs.

What's your process for making jerk chicken.

I have jerk seasoning at my house and chicken

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican what kind of jerk seasoning/rub you use?

@elpablo21

1. I "wash" (soak) my chicken in a vinegar/cool water mixture. I let that soak for about 10 minutes. I stir occasionally. I just use a deep glass Pyrex dish.

2. Remove chickens, and let them air dry; then I go over and pat dry with a Paper Towel.

3. Season all sides with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Jerk Seasoning (Powdered Form: I am sure you can use any popular brand)

4. I mix Soy Sauce, Black Pepper, and the picture below. I make a paste and put the chickens in zip lock bags, with the paste, to marinate overnight
61TawmwA%2BSL._SY355_.jpg

5. Grill

6. Last 10 minutes, I remake that Marinade and add Sirracha, and brush the chickens. Let the sauce sit on there for a few mins before taking off

Last edited:
Bout to hit this pool party in a lil bit, the grill supposed to be out :pimp: ...Ima try to snap some pics if I don’t get distracted by the ho’s :lol:

Back
Top Bottom