FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

CC870736-E89E-4E72-9580-A5EACEDFED44.jpeg
92B0F28C-A833-4E65-8392-E658805490BE.jpeg
My mom roasted breadfruit on her stove. Can’t wait to cut this bad boy open. Hopefully she have some ackee and saltfish.

Curried flounder, kale, yucca, boiled green banana, and avocado.

Just put this on my “food to try list”. Similar to White Castle?

No way, completely different level. Admittedly they're a little pricey for what they are but you gotta treat yourself once in a while.

I'm also probably biased cause I grew up in the town over :lol:. I'm also talking about White ManNa in Hackensack, NJ. I've never been to White Mana (note the missing N) in Jersey City.

7E2F8E47-05FC-4C7A-B7C0-50354B611DEB.png
No way, completely different level. Admittedly they're a little pricey for what they are but you gotta treat yourself once in a while.

I'm also probably biased cause I grew up in the town over :lol:. I'm also talking about White ManNa in Hackensack, NJ. I've never been to White Mana (note the missing N) in Jersey City.

Don't bother going there. What a bummy place.

Either one of you been to Peck Peck or Ducks Donut, they are also on my NJ list ?

7E2F8E47-05FC-4C7A-B7C0-50354B611DEB.png

Either one of you been to Peck Peck or Ducks Donut, they are also on my NJ list ?

Peck peck is dope. Good Korean fried chicken , don't know if I'd cross state lines for it, but if you're gonna be around it's worth it.

Never heard of Duck Donuts.

EYE know the difference and I don't look like you.

Tabasco tastes awful to me. Sriracha is whatever. My go to hot sauce is usually some kind of habanero sauce.

Had no idea til that one thread here and everyone was saying only kids put ketchup on their hot dogs :lol:
one of my go to
Picado_-_General_Product_Shot_-009.jpg

I’ve had medium duck a few times, didn’t taste gamey to me.

Duck bao buns are crack. Could eat those all day. My friends hosted a 10 course meal dinner at a Chinese restaurant. After they made all the duck baos, they wrapped up all the remaining ducks and gave them to us.
5FACC02D-9FA1-4474-8C4C-31B4970C7598.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: fx2
Tried Matiki Island BBQ in San Jose for lunch for the first time. There is one in Anaheim. Got the #7 with beef and kalbi short ribs.
The mac salad was bland. At Ono Hawaiian Bbq I had Sunday tasted better. The rice was borderline hard here too. Meat little overdone. On the sweeter side too. Good char/color though lol. Might go back for the beef ribs.
20180619_120617.jpg
20180619_120628_20180619121931939.jpg

Back
Top Bottom