FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I come in peace.
I come in peace.
I come in peace.

What is the interest in the table top grill?
For me, I'm considering convenience and price point. Living in an apartment. Not sure if I really want to lug around a regular sized grill.

But still keeping my options open. If I can find a good deal on a regular size grill, I'll do it.

For me, I'm considering convenience and price point. Living in an apartment. Not sure if I really want to lug around a regular sized grill.

But still keeping my options open. If I can find a good deal on a regular size grill, I'll do it.
Exactly. I'm in a apartment with a balcony, not a large backyard. If I get a regular grill it's gonna just collect rust, and I'm lazy to clean that its charcoal one.

My brother basically stays at his girls apartment even tho he technically lives at our house and they got a mini webster charcoal grill and it works fine on the balcony.

For $80, you can buy a regular grill, that is why I said get a real one.

But if space is that much of an issue ( @ninjahood ), go for the SMaller One

You guys can grill on your balconies? Can't do that up here, fire hazard. People just take their portable grills outside. Some places have actual grilling areas, just bring your own charcoal.

We used to grill by the community center late nights back in the day in the hood with a portable grill.

For $80, you can buy a regular grill, that is why I said get a real one.

But if space is that much of an issue ( @ninjahood ), go for the SMaller One

I don't live in a bathroom anymore. Texas apartments are fairly bigger than NYC apartment. Lol.

No unlimited data
Can't grill on balconies
Best NBA record in East but can't get pass the cavs.

Canada is living in reverse mode.

I know folks are generally anti-ketchup, but do you put it on Fried Chicken?

I have never been a fan of it (on chicken)

Not sure if its allowed or not, just know that they do it.

I eat my fried chicken with a mayonnaise/pepper sauce mixture. No ketchup over here for chicken.

Question for the food thread goers. Are there dishes that you refuse to order in a restaurant and are kinda reserved for just home? Meatloaf is one for me. Beef stew, chicken noodle soup and pork chops are others. Only home cooked.

1. Oxtail
2. Fried Dumplin

I want a tabletop grill. Probably cheaper too.

I have my eye on this one

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 3.48.53 PM.png

https://shop.lodgemfg.com/camp-ovens-and-grills/cast-iron-sportsmans-grill.asp

I know folks are generally anti-ketchup, but do you put it on Fried Chicken?

I have never been a fan of it (on chicken)

I do sometimes out of habit. When my family use to get Roy Rogers Chicken back in the day we use to put ketchup on it. What I love though, after frying chicken I brush it with bbq sauce and then put it in the oven for a bit so avoid it from getting soggy.

Back
Top Bottom