FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

5A5 Steak Lounge in San Francisco

Filet Mignon and Mac & Cheese.

That was just two bites. I ate where that my fork is at :lol:. White sauce is good and how I remember it tasting and so was the red sauce. 11 bucks for this BS, no lamb on the menu, and bland. Gonna try the one in Berkeley when it opens up in a few weeks but I know I'll be disappointed just like this location and the socal location

That was just two bites. I ate where that my fork is at :lol:. White sauce is good and how I remember it tasting and so was the red sauce. 11 bucks for this BS, no lamb on the menu, and bland. Gonna try the one in Berkeley when it opens up in a few weeks but I know I'll be disappointed just like this location and the socal location

:smh: :x

And to think I got mad when they raised the price of a mixed platter in NYC to $7.

Last edited:
My GF and I are heading to New Orleans at the end of August. What are some must try spots in NO? Thanks!

Been out of town the last couple weekends....

Oyster House (Philly)

Frank Pepes (New Haven, CT)

Blue Cactus Grill (Norwalk, CT)

BLU On The Water (East Greenwich, RI)

Halal Guys opening here in Vegas in August. What's the "go to" order? Or is it trash???

Some people don't like lamb so they just order chicken and rice. I like lamb so I get the combo platter (lamb and chicken). The chicken is plain as hell though which is why I put a lot fo white sauce, with some bbq sauce, and a few drops of the hot sauce.

My disappointing Halal Guys San Jose. They don't even pack it full.
mean.gif
Nothing like the one in NYC
i still haven't tried it
mean.gif
 how spicy is the red sauce? my bf & i are major spicy fans and the red sauce from san jose gave him the runs 
laugh.gif

i'm gonna try the one in berkeley too when it opens 

Last edited:
My disappointing Halal Guys San Jose. They don't even pack it full. :smh: Nothing like the one in NYC

i still haven't tried it :smh:  how spicy is the red sauce? my bf & i are major spicy fans and the red sauce from san jose gave him the runs :lol:

i'm gonna try the one in berkeley too when it opens 

If you like it spicy, than you will like this sauce. My Laos friend likes super spicy food too but he couldn't handle it. I have a high tolerance when it comes to spicy food and love the hotness of the red sauce. I usually use 2-3 packs when I eat. I don't like to squirt the red sauce all on there at once. I like to scoop up the food, squeeze some red sauce on top, and eat. They think I'm crazy eating all that red sauce :lol:

i finally tried halal guys in san jose.

dunkin donuts from walnut creek

homemade beef nam tok

i made pork belly adobo for dinner. my boyfriend had the idea of putting it on fries, topped with fried garlic, green onions, and japanese mayo. the flavors actually mixed really well 
laugh.gif

went to that halal guys twice this week :lol:

10 minute drive + theres like no line when i go :pimp:

and they hook it up with the extra sawce.

Back
Top Bottom